GTR3 Announced

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Rodger Davies, Feb 2, 2017.

1. schielchen

schielchen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for answering :)
    First of all, I need to say the following: I am not denying that progress is made and I'm not talking about new things to come, but to make complete what is already there.!
    And there are things among this progress, that I just don't care about.For example:
    What good is a ranking system, when it only provides a method to LESSEN the number of participants?
    A much more needed feature would be admin powers on servers that are provided by us, the crowd.
    Talking 'bout servers: too little output, simply put, to gather statistics (livery, training and qualify times, ...)
    A page where those definitive statements of Devs are gathered is desperatly needed. (Imagine you where new to R3E
    and the answers to your questions would aways be: 'go look it up, somewhere somebody already wrote about
    it at some time and if you don't find the answer there, go and watch all videos published by R3E's Devs. after that you might search interviews related to R3E'.)
    My goal here is not bashing the devs for their efforts, it' supposed to be a critique on their PR.
    From reading the forum I know that the future of R3E (on our side) is almost all hoping and guessing.
    The fact that GTR3 will be first to enjoy DX11/UE is also disturbing and definitely not a point in favor of R3E.
    kind regards
    :)

2. schielchen

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0
    Violence is always a working solution

3. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Humor , my friend, humor :) (oder kennst du Asterix nicht ?)You said nothing about showing an answer....no offense.
    Your previous post appeared quiet roman to me....bit rigid.

4. schielchen

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0
    Then tell us:
    Who gets hit and who is hitting?
    BTW, I am rigid!
    By withdrawing my funding for GTR3 through not bying any more R3E content.

5. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Take it easy....it's not that I don't accept your opinion it was just that last sentence - eventually you decided to explain a little more what your motives are.
    All fine...;)

• Like Like x 2
  6. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    So at least we know who to blame in case it doesn't meet expectations. :D

7. schielchen

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0
    it?
    R3E or GTR3?

8. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Think some of this is being lost in translation, thing about text is you can't hear the tone behind it. Let it go guys and @Christian Göpfert what have you been told about trying to be funny? :D

9. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    It's not designed to lessen the numbers of participants but rather to group participants of a similar level together, this in turn "should" provide better racing for everyone and in-turn increase the numbers.

That's the intention at least, as far as I'm aware.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Keep trying? :p

GTR3. But it was just a joke (or an attempt at one). ;)

11. schielchen

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0
    @D.Boon : selection never increases anything. That's a fundamental truth.
    @Christian Göpfert : I'm not in the mood for joking Ziemlich unlustig drauf, so to say.
    @Fairman : It's no secret that R3E has to stand aside, while GTR3 get's the nuggets

12. schielchen

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0
    @D.Boon : *when it comes to numbers

13. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    I'm not so sure, if players can be provided with a better race experience then it stands to reason that numbers will increase because of that doesn't it?

• Like Like x 1
  14. schielchen

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0
    I don't think so.
    When there are less participants, the race is less attractive and numbers will go down.
    A much easier way would be admin status to ban rowdies for a while.

15. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    That's factually not the case, the development teams are seperated and working independently. Nothing has been taken away from RR or S3 since the announcement of GTR3. If anything, RR will benefit from the work that's being put into GTR3.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Don Rudi

Don Rudi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    Who is talking about a selection? The ranked MP system provides a grouping as D.Boon said - and I for one am looking forward to it. Just take a look at the current situation:
    I am a pretty average driver. Public MP is a horror as it is crowded with people crash kids and people who seek their fun in ruining other people's races. Consequence - I stay away from it.
    The alternative would be league racing. Yes I tried it, but racing against aliens that are way above my level ain't no fun either. Consequence - I race offline.
    With a ranked MP as it was described so far, I would finally have a chance to race against people of my skill level, which certainly attracts me more than offline racing. And looking at my friends, I am not the only one thinking this way.

And please don't come with the old argument like RD Club racing "there is always someone racing at your level" - I do not get any fun out of racing for P20 or the like.

Says who?

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Don Rudi

Don Rudi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    Ah - thus banning people increases numbers? While grouping ("selecting") them decreases numbers? Interesting logic ;)

18. schielchen

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0
    Almost a s soon as GTR3 was announced, it was said that it would be developed for DX11 while taking the benefits of the already existing content of R3E. If that doesn't smell fishy, what does?

19. schielchen

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0
    @Don Rudi the former is temporary and individually. The latter is simply a global division of our community.
    I'm not against this ranking nonsense, if some of you look forward to it, so be it.
    Hopefully it will be possible to get around it, once it's implemented.
    It's just like starting with the roof when you build a house

20. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Why wouldn't they make use of assets that have already been bought or created, like licenses, liveries, car/tracks models, physics etc? Doesn't mean S3 is working on GTR3, just that stuff that is already there will be put to good use where it makes sense.
    And the new tech shall be ported back to RR if possible. Sounds like a win-win situation to me, if it pans out as planned of course.

• Agree Agree x 2