GTR3 Announced

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Rodger Davies, Feb 2, 2017.

1. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Why didn't you say right away that all you're looking for is pointless arguing? It's a discussion board, people speak their minds and respond to each other, sometimes in a comical way.
    Hmmm... :rolleyes:
    You think money generated with RR is funneled into GTR3 development. You think
    That is your assumption, which is based on no facts unless you're an employee of RR or Simbin, in which case you wouldn't need to debate this here.
    I didn't say I do. I was asking what kind of answers you were hoping for when all you're bringing forward are some vague statements of dismay.
    So all the responses you got from several users on the last two pages are unreasonable? And who is that reader you're addressing here? Makes it sound a bit like you're only driving this contention to prove sth to some supposed audience rather than actually having a discussion with the persons responding to your thoughts...
    You say you don't care about certain developments, you dislike others, you're not in the mood for this or doubtful about that. Statements of your subjective feelings about things. So again, what *is* your point?
    You don't like the idea of ranked MP? Fine, others do like and keep asking for it. You think it will split and hence diminish the userbase, others don't think so and existing ranking systems like in iracing seem to support them rather than you because despite its dividing system they do have a pretty solid userbase.
    You're missing certain features that you think are crucial? Well, step in line with everybody else. Like any other game this one will never feature everything everybody wants and some people will like the direction it's moving towards, other won't. The question is can you live with the compromise it presents?
    You want to know what's going to happen and where RR will stand a year from now? So would everybody else, but the matter of fact is that nobody knows and everything that's being said here is speculation, sometimes more profound than others, but still speculation nonetheless.

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2017
  2. schielchen

schielchen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0
    a) The first quotes are about you, don't you get it? I am asking you questions, because your contribution here is destructive.
    b) If insisting ain't enough... you should be able to prove me wrong. If you can't, insisting just doesn't do it!
    c) wasn't it announced, that development of GTR3 would be in the focus and after that it's full throttle ahead again for R3E?
    d) reasonable - that's sarcasm and only relates to the quotation
    e) Your last paragraph is disturbing. You criticizse me for speaking my mind? You yourself admit that the furure of R3E is in no way foreseeable? And most curious: You quote me with a question and accomplish to not answering it in 11 lines?
    My questions are there to read. Before you joined the discussion with a unrelated meme, all was fine.

3. Don Rudi

Don Rudi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    Guess that is a missunderstanding. GTR3 is being developed by SimBin in the UK, while R3E is still further developed by Sector3 in Sweden. All that was said was, that GTR3 will inherit some assets from R3E, like the sounds iirc. In return R3E will benefit from the new graphics engine.
    Thus no resources are being withdrawn from R3E in favour of GTR3.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. schielchen

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0
    Chris Speed (Sector3 CEO):
    "We have our stuff we need to concentrate on with RaceRoom and Allan has his goals he needs to do with Simbin" said Chris. "Of course people like Anthony with the sounds will be a shared resource, support in terms of physics and car handling we will look to do that if we can, but there isn't much else we can offer as our resources are tight and obviously Allan probably has much more of a chance to get someone in to do these things. Just like sharing assets, we'll try to share resources where practical."

5. pixeljetstream

pixeljetstream Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    Ue4 is mostly dx11 based, it got dx12/vulkan support later, but it was not first class designed for it.

6. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0

(I´m looking forward to GT3 btw. :) )

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  7. schielchen

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0
    When looking at games with modern engines, I noticed that glossy surfaces are turning grey when looked upon from a sharp angle.
    Hopefully that is avoidable.

8. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    What I don't get is why you're so hung up about one tiny joke. If you want to classify that as "destructive", ok. Apart from the occasional joke, I share my point of view and - where/if/when I can - some knowledge.
    Why should *I* have to prove you wrong? You're doing that well enough yourself.
    No.
    Hmm, sarcasm, used by sb who gets hung up about a joke. Brilliant.
    How did I criticise you? By saying "Fine" or by saying that you're not the only person who wants things?
    And to be absolutely clear, I do admit that I can't foretell the future, yes. And I also stand by saying that nobody else can.
    I did answer your question, but as 11 lines are apparently a bit overwhelming for you, here's the short version: I am.
    Counter question: Who do you think is interested in your unfounded assumptions about RR/GTR3/S3/Simbin?
    Finally, I think you must be mistaking me for sb else (by failure or deliberately), I didn't even post any meme when I joined the discussion.

9. n01sname

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]

Careful guys, you also are ruining my punchline powered by Monthy Python....o_O

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 3
  10. pixeljetstream

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
  11. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Could have sworn I'd read or watched something about it being co-developed with AMD for native Vulkan/DX12 support.

I stand corrected though if this isn't the case, my memory ain't what it used to be ;)

12. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    You and your destructive memes. Despicable. ;)

• Funny Funny x 4
  13. n01sname

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Hey, I just want your best to avoid switching from topological to pathological :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
  15. pixeljetstream

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    Ue4 is quite old by now, so as it was designed the new APIs were not in the market.
    There is a difference between supporting the APIs (which it does) and actually being fully designed for it throughout.

16. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    For those ultra-realistic sprinkling effects.

18. Punch Technology

Punch Technology New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Ok guys, we see your point. The post has been updated with a Developer Edition and a Racing Edition of the system specification, for those of you hungry for more information.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Not cheap,
    SimBin Sim Racing Gaming Desktop (Racing Edition)
    SKU: SimBin Racing Editon - Built to order 7 - 10 days
    £2,099.99 (inc VAT)
    A quick search on Ebay will find you the parts listed (new) for £1273 add a decent case makes it around £1370, 50%+ markup for time and labour, extortion in my eyes but if people are gonna pay it..........................what can ya say!

20. Karting06

Karting06 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    • Funny Funny x 2