Question GTR3 Class, still missing some top GT3 cars

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Nick Feys, Nov 9, 2019.

1. Nick Feys

Nick Feys Active Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    The GTR3 class is the most densely populated car class in RaceRoom to date, spanning a wide variety of exciting racecar models from around the globe.

It is a wide range of top GT3 cars to be found in the GTR3, but really not yet complete.
    If you go and see which championships are being driven all over the world, such as 'Blancpain GT & and Endurance races', WEC (FIA World Endurance), European Le Mans Series, IMSA WeatherTech Sportcar Championship, we still miss some very important racing cars.

What is still missing in the GTR3 series are the following racing cars:
    Lamborghini Huracan, Aston Martin Vantage, Ferrari 488, Ford GT, Lexus RC and the Honda NSX, all to be found in these world championships.

What the people at Raceroom prepare from racing cars and circuits is excellent. This is top class what they all get done. It is a must to be able to race with the different class of racing cars on all beautiful finished circuits.

But of course it would also be great if work could still be done to be able to add those beautiful GT3 racing cars to the now existing GTR3 cars.
    It is nice to organize racing with these racing cars both offline and in the server, but I still miss those other important GT3 cars.
    Of course I hope that this appeals to the people of Raceroom to still bring these other GT3 cars into the GTR3.
    This makes the picture complete for even better racing.

Greetings, Nick.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2019
  2. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    Well, both these series do not run any GT3 cars. They run prototypes and GTE. The GTD cars from IMSA are not exactly GT3 but very close - they are slightly altered GT3s. I'm not sure about what exactly is different, but you can for example see that they have different rear wings compared to "standard" GT3s.

The most recent Ford GT has never been built to GT3 specifications, this one actually is a GTE. From its predecessor on the other hand there was a homologated version for GT3 (not built by Ford themselves though) and it is in game for quite a long time already:
    [​IMG]
    Nearly the same about the Corvette C7.R. This is a GTE car. But a GT3 "brother" actually exists and we have it in game already for quite some time now, the Callaway Corvette C7 GT3-R:
    [​IMG]
    As far as I know this car only runs in the ADAC GT Masters, while its predecessor was also present in some international series like the GT3 European Championship.

Chevrolet themselves never built a Corvette after GT3 specifications. The only 2 GT3 Corvette Versions that I know of were both built by Callaway Competition in Germany and they are both in RaceRoom.

The rest of the mentioned cars are indeed missing from the lineup, but if you follow discussions in this forum, you might have noticed that these cars (at least a few of them) have been asked for repeatedly. And for the most dearly missed ones (for most people these are the Ferrari, the Lamborghini and the Aston Martin) there are reasons why they are missing. Mostly on the monetary side as far as I remember some statements from staff members. This is at least quite valid for the Italian brands, I'm not sure about the Aston Martin.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    also there is the "you cant always get what you want" ssue , not all companys ant to licence there cars to every game, and also Raceroom has a slightly different way of licencing cars that some companies arent interested in i believe

Andi