GTR3@Norisring - Great joke S3

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by nickh158, Oct 8, 2021.

1. nickh158

nickh158 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    I can't think of a much worse combo; guaranteed carnage in every race. Norisring`s really great for slower cars, like the NSU or Audi TT, but GTR3?
    What next, FR X-17 at Stowe?
    o_O

• Disagree Disagree x 5
    • Funny Funny x 2
  2. Flybarless

Flybarless Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    The Norisring has only hosted one racing event in RL since the 80s. And that is the DTM.
    Until last year with the well-known Class 1 prototypes. Since this year, for the first time "only" with GT3 cars.
    It is not a permanent circuit, similar to Monaco.
    The smallest races there were mostly F3 cars and the Porsche Cup in the supporting program of the DTM.
    So having GT3 cars race there is just right at the moment.
    This circuit is not and was not intended for or used for small, slow race cars.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. nickh158

nickh158 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    This isn't@t real life, it's a game, and in this context it's a bad match up due to the nature of games.

• Disagree Disagree x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. rubenbatista

rubenbatista Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    It´s a simulation of real life racing cars and championships so it makes sense to drive GT3s in Norisring. Some might like it, others not so much, but that´s just the way it is. Raceroom always tries to choose at least one combo based on racing events happening during the week and I think that´s a good idea.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Well, I do understand the complaint.
    Norisring is always messy and even during DTM League Races with experienced, disciplined drivers we regularly had carnage situations there (like several times at the real events as well :D ) I personally like Norisring much, but for competitive racing it's a fast & tough little circuit you might underestimate quickly...so for public(ranked) racing - no matter if pro or am - and with opponents I don't know I tend to avoid it.

6. Beastux

Beastux Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +288 / 0 / -0
    Well, it also used to host the DRM event in the 70's and 80's. From 1977, it was with Goup 5 cars and from 1982 with Group C cars (with a Group 5 / Group C mix in 1982 and 1983 I think).

Just imagine 16 Group C cars (Porsche 962C, Sauber C9, Jaguar XJR-8...) on this track, far from a NSU battle! :D

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Alex Hodgkinson

Alex Hodgkinson KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
    GT3 cars at Norisring quite a few years ago:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Beastux

Ratings:
    +288 / 0 / -0
    1980 (Group 5):

1987 (Group C):

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  9. Flybarless

Flybarless Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Thank you beastux for the videos. I didn't know that the most violent racing cars ever drove there until just now.
    Simply awesome...

• Like Like x 2
  10. sinnfinder

sinnfinder Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Anfang der 1970er-Jahre waren noch mehr PS zu Gast auf dem Norisring. Der 917 mit bis zu 1000 PS. Hier ein paar Bilder von meinem ersten Besuch. Leo Kinnunen mit der #1. Und noch "verrückter" ... Motorradrennen gab es ja auch. Also - kein Grund zur Aufregung, um mit den leicht zu fahrenden GT3s von raceroom herumzufahren... ;-) Norisring 01.JPG Norisring 06.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  11. Beastux

Ratings:
    +288 / 0 / -0
    And Pedro Rodriguez died at the Norisring in 1971 after a crash with a Ferrari 512, another car far from a modern GT3. :(

12. bubblejohns

bubblejohns Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    im going to agree with this. gt3 is not a good fit..... and after dtm we can now see that.
    the problem is gt3 will lead to dive bombs all the time because of the ABS and TCS, it always leads to worse racing in terms of action and quality. previous generations of dtm didnt have that and even though it wasnt the best race every year, you could always wait for a mistake to get through. as over done as it is, gt3 spa works as a combo because it allows for much longer runs to argue for position and for poor runs out of radillion.

so its not raceroom making a bad choice as yeah its a real thing, its just a bum concept

13. sinnfinder

sinnfinder Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Die Kombination aus GT3 und Norisring finde ich toll.
    Gestern sind wir mit unserer kleinen Gruppe (5 Fahrer) wieder ein Rennen auf unserem dedizierten Server gefahren - und das macht richtig Spaß (und funktioniert auch mit mehr Fahrern).
    Probieren Sie den Ford GT aus - er scheint für diese Route wie gemacht zu sein.

14. wesker6664

wesker6664 Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    I did two ranked races there and never had a problem, it's a good combo, fast with plenty of space

15. bubblejohns

bubblejohns Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    yeah the ford its a 'point and squirt' car. it might well be the best choice for that combo out of all the gt3 cars

16. Joakim Tärnström

Joakim Tärnström Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    GT3 is a perfectly valid class on Norisring and just as the real thing, stuff happens in the first corner. I don’t think it’s so much about dive bombing as much as the many possible ways of negotiating that corner. If you’re trailbraking and hugging the inside curb you always run the risk of someone going deeper into the corner turns in front of you. The track is not a personal favourite of mine and it seemed to attract smaller grids than usual for GT3.