Released Guia Circuit aka Macau

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by KW Studios, Jun 16, 2015.

1. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    Ha, I spent months doing the same thing in GTR2 until I realised...

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. yusupov

yusupov Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    im only 15 seconds slow then awesome

3. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Any lap that you complete without having scratched the paint on your car. :)

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Emerson Meyer

Emerson Meyer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +61 / 0 / -0
    I'm pretty consistent... zero "off track" :D

• Like Like x 1
  5. MrLu

MrLu New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    So the top I drove were around 2:20-21 something, I really need to sign up for the real WTCC seems no driver would stand a chance :D

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. monzoom

monzoom New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    In contrast to Shanghai, a very performant track. Good work.
    This is my first Macau-experience in my "simracing career", and the most occuring sound on the first laps were the ugly noise of bending plates. ;)
    I have to practice...

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. yusupov

yusupov Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0

• Like Like x 3
  8. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    ^ While watching the above, I also found this:

However, the author says two important things: first, Sector3 really should try to improve the AI in that hairpin, toom often the AI crashed na dget stuck in there, and second: due to immense work this gtrack obviously needed to create the textures and plethora of environment objects, this track probably will remain to be a unique feature of R3E that sets it apart. Not many other studios could or would invest the needed amount of work, probably.

Really, Sector3 have outdone themselves with this. I currently hardly drive anythingelse than this track. Just improve the AI in that hairpin.

I would love to see this track legally in AC, but Kunos' tracks are done by just one lonely guy, all alone, and so I doubt it will get in there.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    I think Simbin/Sector 3 is the only studio to have done this track. The versions in other sims (rFactor 2,etc) all have Race 07 banners in them.

10. skeno

skeno Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    the most parts of the track where in PGR4 but not the full GP circuit (due license reasons afaik)

11. machwebb

machwebb Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +224 / 0 / -0
    People need to sort their track manners out man...especially on this track, when you have messed up, stay still until it's clear to move. I joined a few at the back to see....It's just not usable in open lobbies...You may as well limit the lobby size to 3. Nothing but frustration. poor manners and desperation to advance in the first lap.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    SMS are working on it and it's scheduled in for DLC but they'll be pushing it somewhat to match this.

13. le_poilu

le_poilu Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    Really?

I already did a solid 2'24"6 with the Citroën while practicing.. Didn't know I was so good :cool:

14. tiagosousagarcia

tiagosousagarcia Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    Hear hear! I was tremendously scared that after the Shangai disaster Macau would be absolutely unplayable for me. But there is not a single slow meter in the 6km bunch. Great work on optimising this track! If only Shangai and Moscow could get the same treatment... :p

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Eric Rowland

Eric Rowland Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +67 / 0 / -0
    I get a little stutter at the uphill right hander just after Moorish Hill. The rest flows nicely.

16. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    The what...?
    I have no problems there. And my system is anything but a new monster rig.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Jona777

Jona777 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +409 / 0 / -0
    Yesterday finally was able to complete my first ever laps on Macau.. And wauw, it's impressive! :eek:
    Chose the Citroen C-elysee and did a lap or 10 i believe and managed a 2.31.xxx without scratching the walls:cool: Now on to a sub 2.30,000 :p

But the track is stunning! Amazing job sector 3 and thanks for giving us the privilege to drive around it!
    :kissingheart:

18. tiagosousagarcia

tiagosousagarcia Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    From what people have been saying in this thread, it doesn't seem to be directly proportional to system specs, some guys with powerful rigs (definitely not me) also have it. I have it and have it bad, less than 30fps in some points, not even Moscow is as bad.

Not so in Macau, I think the lowest I get is about 65fps, going up to 70s and 80s for the most part of the track. What I did notice though, was some stutter for the first second or so right after the track is loaded (as in, after pressing a key to continue from the loading screen, when the entry list is being shown for a race event, for example), which makes me think that the way the track has been loaded and processed is different from every other track in the game.

19. XXVI Sol

XXVI Sol Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +104 / 0 / -0
    will there be a wtcc14 track pack?

20. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    No problems in Moscow as well for me. I read the words, but I cannot understand their meaning. :) Fingers crossed it stays like that.

I would assume the problem then is graphics options and graphics card settings. The temptation is high to think one has a big this and an even bigger that, and thus can push everything to the limits. Well, you can't - that's all you need to know about life in a nutshell. Even monster hardware has its limits. This news is the more unwelcomed the more money one has spend. If you spendings have been lunatic, your tolerance for performance compromises thus is almost zero.

Thats why I never go for the newest and latest and most expenvise stuff, but always for good bang for the buck ratios. My rig is I think four years old now. It gets all jobs done I throw at it, and so I do not plan to get new hardware before I maybe decide to move towards Oculus Rift or the HTC set.

• Like Like x 1