Bug H pattern + Porsche competition - not working?

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by sloppshaa, Apr 28, 2020.

1. sloppshaa

sloppshaa Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    just tried the porsche legends competition in the old porsche - there appears to be something wrong with using the H pattern shifter.
    It hardly ever wants to shift down - anyone else experiencing issues with this?
    i'm using fanatec shifter.

THere's also a weird thing where if you use all the revs before shifting up, the audio stays static on the next gear for a few seconds even though speed is increasing, before the noise begins to rise with revs.
    But i'm not fussed about this - i want to know why i can't use the H pattern to shift down properly when the car is being used higher up the revs.

Is it broken?

2. Bavarian_Firebird

Bavarian_Firebird Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Did you activate H-patern in the advanced settings? (where you also can see the imput levels) Directly beneath that levels the first option is where you can activate H-pattern shifter or disable it. Also you need to assign each gear to the correspondant gear on your shifter like assigning a button to them. And finally: What Porsche do you mean? If the real deal didnt have a H-pattern shift than its not modelled in the sim.

3. wesker6664

wesker6664 Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    I'd say it is, partially. What you describe (the audio stays static, like the clutch is slipping) is when the game considers that you have shifted too fast. It is totally unrealistic and irritating IMO, the only way to solve this is to use H Pattern + auto clutch, which is a real shame in those cars. Or you need to shift very slowly, like a 60's classic in Goodwood... Usually old cars are my favourites, but i almost never use them in RRE because of that.

4. Bavarian_Firebird

Bavarian_Firebird Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    there is a setting you can set to let the game recognize double shifting. I guess its also in advanced options. Maybe this will help.