Hacking ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mettiti, May 26, 2020.

1. Mettiti

Mettiti New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Came across this today, and I can't find a way to justify how this isn't clearly hacking.

I was in the lead by quite a bit and I was surprised to find this guy right behind me after one lap.

Called him out on it and his response was :" I just tuned my engine", which is kinda funny but definitely suspicious

His name is R.Winkler, forgot to get his full name

2. Mettiti

Mettiti New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Excuse the poor video quality

3. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    " I just tuned my engine"

Yeah this is not Forza or The old Gran turismo, Its pretty clear cut hack on there. I've never seen such blatant example.

4. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    This offense was detected and appropriate measures have been taken.

I can once again only appeal to everyone to not try any of the illegal things (see RaceRoom EULA, sections 3 and 16) that you might have found or heard about somewhere on the internet. And you should always consider the possibility that what some people claim might not be the (full) truth...

The game does detect these attempts and you will get banned and have all content removed.

• Like Like x 3
  5. PolarClaw

PolarClaw Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    To be honest this "Tuned Car" guy was at least not ramming everyone as the others. This is looking like some wreckfest rounds. Also it seems he was playing with controller and was having some fun to have the double amount of power ... reminds me on some people at the red light switching to green ...

6. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    Amazing. Do these people honestly believe that they won't be detected cheating in a sim who's business model includes hosting officially sponsored competitions? Why wouldn't a sim like that have robust protection? But I suppose there are many idiots in the world, unfortunately.

• Agree Agree x 1