Handy car look up list

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Skidmark, Jul 14, 2018.

1. Skidmark

Skidmark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    Confused about what's what?

Based on my own lists and latest posts (thanks Nate and others) here's a look-up list for each of the car sets in RaceRoom. I had the ADAC's as 'New' but Nate has them as being on the 'newest' physics in a recent post.

Any errors are mine - and happy to fix them if advised. My livery counts may be a bit out, especially for GTR-3.

Physics:
    Old: prior to mid-2015 "floaty". Still loved by many though, especially DTM 92.
    New: mid-2015 to mid-2017. Improved - not floaty.
    Newest: the latest physics (since mid-2017) from Alex Hodgkinson

Updated 15/7/18
    upload_2018-7-15_10-33-37.png

• Like x 14
    • Useful x 3
    • Informative x 1
    • Love it! x 1
    • Wonderful x 1
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2018
  2. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    WTCC 2015 should be "New" I think.

3. Skidmark

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    Not according to Nate in posts on 13/1/18 (first post below, now out of date) and 11/7/18 (second post below).

And for added authority, Alex H has tagged the list as 'useful'... thanks Alex!

4. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Hmm, looking back on this now... I think @majuh is correct and I was wrong on that one. I had been thinking that the WTCC 15 cars released in 2015 before the physics took a big turn in development in late summer of 2015. Going back through the old release threads, the WTCC14 cars were released in the early summer of 2015, and the WTCC 15 cars released in March 2016. Clearly I had thought the WTCC 14 cars released sometime in 2014, and the WTCC 15 in 2015, which wasnt the case. My apologies for getting that one wrong.

I think I thought that the WTCC 15 were on the old physics because the 16&17 cars drive so much differently. So, seems there are 3 generations of physics for the WTCC cars :p

At least the 'old' category is pretty easy to keep track of now that there are so few still left in it :p

5. Skidmark

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the correction @nate and well spotted @majuh !!
    Original post updated.

Isn't it just two? New and old? Or has Alex worked his magic on some of the WTCC sets?
    I realise there's been some tweaking but not sure if that's enough to count as an overhaul from New to Newest. (And I sense a real danger of obsessing over this so I'll try very hard not to :cool:).

• Love it! Love it! x 1
  6. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    lol this inevitably happens anytime this is brought up, since some things receive minor updates instead of entire overhauls, and that can muddy interpretations of which category a class should be put in...

I only meant 3 generations in the sense that the WTCC 13/14 cars feel a bit different from the WTCC 15 cars, which are vastly different from the WTCC16/17 cars. Though, the 13/14/15 cars are all much closer to each other than they are to the 16/17 cars.

7. Skidmark

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    Just bringing this post up front again - there have been some questions about the physics different cars are on in other threads (https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/which-cars-classes-are-on-new-physics.11902/) and my list (up to date at 15 July 2018) might be helpful.

Again, happy to have corrections / updates pointed out.

One addition is of course the WTCR 2018 car set which is definitely on the wonderful 'newest' physics.

Looking forward to my list being wildly out-of-date shortly! :)

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2018
  8. Skidmark

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    By the way - I bought this book. I'm pretty sure it's going to be about Alex...

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Skidmark

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    Just a quick question on the ADAC GT Masters (2013-15), are these cars now just a subset of the GTR 3 class? In other words are the cars identical? Or are they a separate group of GTR 3 cars running on the same physics?

10. dungbeetle

dungbeetle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    Quick question.

Is the Clubsport Trophy due another physics tweak with the next update?

The only reason I ask is that this car seems extremely sensitive to spinning out at the slightest touch from another car.

11. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    I think you shall be pleased. ;)

• Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  12. CheerfullyInsane

CheerfullyInsane Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    Same cars, different liveries.
    At least AFAIK.