has someone audi 90 quattro?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by oppolo, Feb 21, 2015.

1. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    :dizzy: This lol
    Like i said i usually only fiddle with Gear ratio and wings.

\For example i have been doing the competition for the Radical on Raceroom hillclimb
    Currently 32nd out of 1365 peoples time. So its not bad right ?
    I did 4m 58.306s, but that is 16.981s slower than the leader . 16 seconds ( well 17 ) is pretty big,

While i know i could do better on my lap I have been trying to play around with rebound, Spring , Bump .. trying to raise the car so i don't go all over the place... But nothing makes it feel better , What the hell is rebound spring and bump ?? More rebound makes the car bounce more ? I have no idea.

2. GroovyMotion

GroovyMotion Active Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    What I do for setup is start from default values, run a few laps and take notes.
    First I focus on the throttle/brakes input. I change the diff settings.
    Second, I focus on high speed curves. If the car understeers/oversteers I start with the wings, then move to the anti-rolls and then springs.
    I haven't touched the advanced settings yet but I am pretty comfortable with my favorite cars.
    Tuning is an art :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    "then move to the anti-rolls and then springs." You increase the value or lower it ? lol

4. GroovyMotion

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    It all depends if the car understeers increase front or rear bar. Soften front springs or stiffen rears.

5. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    Thanks ill give it a go

6. GroovyMotion

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    I did, Like i mentioned ive been reading left and right but still can't connect the dots.
    Reading that guide just leaves me even more confused.

8. GroovyMotion

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    Just write down how your car behaves.
    • Entering a corner
    • Exiting a corner
    • Braking before a corner
    • Throttle at the apex
    There are other setup guides such as: http://xploresimracing.com/Series/XSR_SetupGuide.pdf

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    wow the Xsr one is pretty good.

Gives you actual example on how to counter certain behavior. I like it !
    Thanks a lot !! :)

Like i said it has to be for dummy. I do feel dumb for never have taken the time. But with the old Race 07 ect you could download setup. So i would just do that and try some i like.
    I have been grabbing setup left and right for R3E. Saving screenshot in a organized folder by cars type and file name with the track.
    I will experiment. Unfortunately i don't have a lot of time to put into it,
    And i am not a very patient guy :) ask @::SKRO::

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. GroovyMotion

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    :D I don't have a lot of patience either!
    Yes this is a great article, and helps out a lot especially with upper class cars except the DTM that virtually drives perfect with default setups on some tracks!

11. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Guys just for the record: There might be some candidates who are jealous about keeping their setup-magic a secret, but I´m not that kinda guy. The reason why I´m a bit cautious sharing my values is that, a. I`m still learning and b. that setups are a kinda personal thing in terms of adjusting them to your personal liking and drivingstyle. There is actually no "fast" setup - its more about to configure your car-settings that way you feel absolutely comfortable and confident (simply said) to brake with maximum effort into a turn /apex and to fully accelerate out of it as soon as possible. And this depends on your drivingstyle a lot - which takes a lot of refinement too if you`re battleing for milisecs to gain...;) .
    But there are surely some more skilled ones around who could write a little tutorial about the "ground rules"...

• Like Like x 1
  12. Drei

Drei Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    The thing is, when you setup a car, you set it up for yourself. The setup im using is most probably not good for you, because we drive differently. For example i like to let the car "coast" into the corner. So i break a bit early, and at the actual turning point i do not apply breaks anymore, neither gas , just let the car turn in, then at the apex i hit the gas, and go. Probably that is not the fastetst way, but that is how i feel confident to do it, so i setup the car for that. Other ppl like to keep breaking till they get to the apex, before the apply gas, some like to hit the apex from different angle than others, which requires a different setup again ...

13. GroovyMotion

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    For me it depends on the car/track. For example, with the RUF at Sachsenring I run low downforce in order to get more oversteer. I tend to brake early in high speed bends and use the lift-off throttle to help get the right angle and once I am at the apex I gun it.

14. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    Hey Groovy how about we try this. I'll try the ruf with default for an hour and do some lap, then share with me this oversteer setup to see if it fits my style :) ,

I'll even record a few lap with default and with your setup, watching the replay should give me an idea of what's better for me.
    I have the ruf but did not put much time on it so its the perfect candidate car for me to start understanding setup.

15. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Maybe you should wait a little with putting to much work in the RUF. The upcoming phyics-Update may change alot...

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. GroovyMotion

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    @MeMotS I use an xbox 360 controller so this affects a lot the handling. Took me a good 20 hours of testing to get a good handling with the controller :eek:o_O

I will have a look at my settings anyways and let you know.

• Like Like x 1
  17. oppolo

oppolo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    uh, what a nice surprise,after a long time I've just drove the audi quattro in moscow and hungaroring and I seem it is not something strange on the eggs anymore, but a race car very enjoyble to drive.
    so:
    - physic is changed
    - my skill is increased
    - I have some placebo effects in my mind
    opinions? ;)

18. Georg Ortner

Georg Ortner KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +3,507 / 0 / -0
    The physics were updated a while ago ;)

• Informative Informative x 2
  19. The Angry Hamster

The Angry Hamster Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +148 / 0 / -0
    The last time I tried this (about a month ago when it was in a challenge) it was anything but slippery. I had to change my setup immensely just to get it to NOT grip everywhere all the time =P

20. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    Its my favorite car and yes it has changed, Been a couple months now.
    Feels great

• Agree Agree x 1