Have slow down penalties changed in last update?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by goldtop, Dec 18, 2015.

1. goldtop

goldtop Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0
    Some of the drivers at the league I race in were complaining that the slow down penalties were more harsh since last week's update. Have any changes been made or can we add this to the list of our usual driver excuses?

2. alesi27

alesi27 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +233 / 0 / -0
    Depends on how the league was set up.You can choose how harsh the penalty can be and its a wide variety from nearly free for all to absolutely strict track limits.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. goldtop

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0
    Ah now that's interesting. Presumably that means it is configurable in the dedi server, but how?

4. alesi27

alesi27 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +233 / 0 / -0
    Check community support-Multiplayer dedicated how to

5. goldtop

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0
    The only options I see are for drive through, stop/go and slow down. We already use the slow down penalty but some are claiming that the time a driver has to slow down for have been increased since the last update.

6. Tim Cannon

Tim Cannon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +255 / 0 / -0
    there is no indication of any changes to the cut rules penalties in the list of fixes in the last update (or recent hotfix). nor has there been any changes since June 2 to the community support-Multiplayer dedicated how to.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2015
  7. Tim Cannon

Tim Cannon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +255 / 0 / -0
    i don't think the time has been increased. it might seem that way sometimes because when you get a slow down penalty and just hold the throttle down the timer will actually go slower. if you let off or brake, the timer will countdown faster to zero.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. goldtop

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0
    That confirms my thoughts Tim.

9. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Had a TT race just two days ago @RBR and the slow downs appeared extremely long compared to normal. I'm usually quiet good at avoiding them and even if I'm out too far I usually lift throttle a bit and take a wider line until re-entering "right in time" which mostly does the trick - but this time I was slowed down way too long - others (also experienced ones) got that too...unfortunately I don't remember if it was the official RR Server or a private Dedi....

10. goldtop

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0
    Would be nice to know officially then if anything has changed since last update.

11. Rella

Rella Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    I'm not that familiar with slowdowns ;) but recently I had one in Spa and kept throttle down and was wondering why this penalty doesn't seem to end. I lost around 10 secs to the one with whom i was battling for postion. A bit harsh for cutting once the edge in a close battle and otherwise clean race.

12. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    the penalty at Eau Rouge are excessive they tend to discourage racing. if you go of track side by side with a car and slot back in behind it the game will still ping you with 5 seconds. if i'm not gaining time i don't think it should be penalizing me. it completely turned me of spa in multiplayer. i just disable penalty's in single.