Help getting into Raceroom

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Feimberg, Oct 7, 2019.

1. Feimberg

Feimberg Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Hi. First of all let me quickly introduce myself. I am new to sim racing world and my first experience was this year with Project cars 2. I had a lot of fun in it with my g29 wheel until i decided to give a try in Raceroom.
    I confess. I had a total blast and my mind exploded with the race experience i had in Raceroom. It was like i had never had any force feedback before. The sounds was amazing. Everything was perfect until i saw raceroom prices. Here in Brazil the total cost of the game is R$ 449 buying the premium pack (90% discount). In other words, Raceroom costs 4x Project Cars 2, or more than 10x TEN Asseto Corsas (R$ 37,00). Injustificable. No matter how much i loved the game (Full AAA games here cost R$200 MAX)
    Well, like i said. i really loved this game and started searching for possible ways To buy it. There are two types of tips that Raceroom players usually gives to newcomers. First one is that you don't need all game content, and that in other games you buy a lot of content that you will never use. I will skip this "tip" since buying two cars (R$ 15,00) in this game already costs almost the same as Asseto Corsa. The second and more realistic tip is to buy the 10.000 VRP (R$287) and buy all game content. This is totally exclusive with the first tip. I would be forced to buy dozens of content i will never use in my life, but setor3 punishes us so hard for buying individual items instead of the full packs that this seems the only reasonable tip.
    I feel disorientated. I really want to get into Racerrom and came here not only to protest, but to ask for some guidance. What i consider to be important is to have all game tracks, but only 4 or 5 cars. I can´t see items VRP prices in the store, so i don't know how much VRP i need to buy what i want and the best way to buy it with VRP. Do you guys think the 5000 vrp deal would be enough? Any other suggestions or buying tips for me? Does 10.000 VRP still even buy the full game content? Is there any place i can check the store with VRP prices instead of R$?
    One last doubt. I for example like a lot the volvo s60. if i buy this car as my WTCC car, can i be competitive with 2018 em 2019 WTCC cars?

2. Paul Darke

Paul Darke Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +249 / 0 / -0
    The WTCR cars will not compete with the S60 it has far more power.

3. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +479 / 0 / -0
    10000vrp gets you premium pack which is always full content (at the time). Since you are interested in mostly tracks then check out track packs. You can check vrp prices when you hover mouse over $$$ price. You can also wait for sale- in most cases its -50% on individual items and -25% on packs. If you dont want to grab premium pack then look at starter and pro packs, they have some tracks for good dosh and by buying them, track packs will be further discounted as well.
    About WTCC 18 and 19, those are actually WTCR cars

4. 1riol

1riol New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I would say that there is no need to go for de premium pack. Buy the packs you want and remember to buy them with VRP (and wait for offers :cool:)

5. Turtle Power

Turtle Power Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    As for the price tag, pretty much what has already been suggested. Wait for sales. Raceroom content, car prices vs AC vs iR vs Pcars 2 etc.... there is no comparison. Each sim will give you something that others don't have. Project cars 2 is far from simulation......... and my comment could possibly be as good opening a can of worms. No bad intentions just my 2 cents