Help me buy a new 32" TV Screen for RaceRoom

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Ben Joeres, Dec 22, 2015.

1. Ben Joeres

Ben Joeres Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Hello people,

first of all sorry in advance for my bad english, but i will try my best to make it understandable for u =)

My name is Ben, im 35 years old, from cologne in Germany and a real big racing fan. I got a question regarding a "good" TV screen for RaceRoom that will work without much input lag or lost in reaction time and a good resolution at a good price.

I was looking at the thread "Show ur Cockpit" in this forums and i figured out alot of you people are using TV screens to play this great game. I dont have much money to spend on this 32" screen but a PC screen at this size would cost me alot more, so i try it the "cheap" way for now.

The range between me and the screen is exactly 40" / 1 Meter, i dont think a 32" screen size would be too big but correct me if im wrong. I got 5 favorites, all from Samsung since they got this really small/bezel(dunno the right word^_^) edges and if i may buy another 2 later in 2016 for a triple screen setup that will look awesome in my opinion.

As i said i dont got much money to spend, maximum would be about € 400,- the lower the better, but i dont wanna get a slighty remarkable cheaper one if the quality is too low in relation to the price.

Here are my 5 favorites starting form the cheapest(the last one is curved and im not sure about that either :-(

1.: Samsung-UE32J5150 € 299,-
    2.: Samsung-UE32J5550 € 351,-
    3.: Samsung-UE32J5670 € 349,-
    4.: Samsung-UE32J6250 € 375,-
    5.: Samsung-UE32J6350 € 407,-

I really hope u can give me some advice on this because i have no clue yet which is the best for the 4 key reasons(i wrote above) im looking for ^_^ also u can add more models here if u think that would work better(i dont care what brand)

THX alot in advance !!

Ben Joeres

2. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    You may also wish to look at a ultra wide 21:9 screen instead of triple screens as this will increase game performance and be cheaper.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ben Joeres

Ben Joeres Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Well I see, like this for example?: LG 34UB67 i didnt see many of those in the "Show ur cockpit" thread but its an idea. But aren't 3 of those 16:9 or 16:10 32" screens better if i wanna build it up slowly to make it look great in february or march lastest? If i get one 21:9 screen now i cant add any more rly do i? The money i will spend in total over the next 3 month now is fine for me u know. Just cant afford an expensive big screen right now.

4. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    Ben if you're going TV and plan to do triples eventually, make sure they all match exactly and you'll have less problems in the long run (same model, same size, etc)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ben Joeres

Ben Joeres Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    itsmedavetn yeah bro thx, i will make sure all 3 are the same, it was planned this way. But are the Samsung TV's fine u think regarding reaction time and stuff? and what about curved stuff? =)

6. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    Samsung makes the best TV's in the world as far as price goes in my opinion. The only TV's better that Samsungs are Sonys. I worked in the television industry a long time and never had issues with either monitor brand. I don't know much about curved stuff so I'll let the experts weight in there.

• Like Like x 1
  7. shardshunt

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    21 by 9 screens are a fairly new thing really the idea is that you get a bigger screen and don't need triples so you may want something bigger than 34 inch and wont need to worry about getting 3 of the same screen.

i do not recommend buying one screen at a time for your triples because you really need 3 identical screens (even within the same brand) so unless you start with a very new screen you may not be able to get another one when you wish to upgrade to triples.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Ben Joeres

Ben Joeres Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    ok, thx alot for that. I would go for the Samsung-UE32J5150 for € 299,- so i could spend more on my new graphics card, but not sure about the Picture Quality Index that only Samsung uses, this one got 200 and the others got 400,600 and 800. I dunno if that is important :-( Experts at this pls =)

Last edited: Dec 22, 2015
  9. Ben Joeres

Ben Joeres Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

Well i checked those 21:9 monitors like 6-7 month ago when i bought my new pc, but back then i didnt liked them much since i do play other games too and the view sucks on some games, but 50% or more i play raceroom now. U dont think those Samsung-UE32J5150 wont be available maybe anymore in 2-3 month ? mhhhh mhhhh Came out April 2015. Damnit, hard decision =) i wanna buy the first in the next week or 2.

Ii gtg sleep soon TT i got early shift have to get up in 3 hours XD. I hope for more replies but i wont answer in the next 13 hours or so then, but thx already and thx for those who post here yet =)

10. shardshunt

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    i have no idea what the markets are like in germany but here in nz we tend to get limited amounts fo things thasnks to our rather small size population wise.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Ben Joeres

Ben Joeres Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    usually products in germany, especially from samsung, are available for a relative long time here in germany, but its an good argument i should think about, ur right ppl =) i may contact some companys to ask regarding that. Good night for now, cya tomorrow =) good race to u all!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Also wenn Du es Dir iwie leisten kannst das Geld für alle drei auf einmal aufzubringen, dann schau Dir auf jeden Fall mal den hier an: https://www.cyberport.de/?DEEP=6123-184&APID=35
    oder noch etwas schicker (mit 144 Hz und curved), und teurer: http://www.amazon.de/BenQ-XR3501-LED-Monitor-gebogen-9H-LE7LB-QBE/dp/B01068VM52/ aber der AOC hat ein super Bild und ist relativ günstig. Du bräuchtest dann halt nur einen Monitor, kein Triple-Geeier. ;)

Lohnt sich wirklich und inzwischen gibts auch Softwarelösungen um ein ungewünschtes Verzerren zu verhindern, z.B. http://www.flawlesswidescreen.org/

(trans.: If you can cough up the money for all three in one go, get one of the above, the AOC being the better package (great picture and better price) There are software sollutions to avoid unwanted stretching like flawlesswidescreen)

• Like Like x 1
  13. gp20

gp20 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Ernie

Ernie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    AFAIK..... Sony TVs are quite good regarding minimum input lag. And even a Sony TV with 32" and just Full HD isn't that pricy. (At Amazon i'm actually seeing one for 369€)

• Like Like x 1
  15. Ben Joeres

Ben Joeres Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

i cant afford it at once, i only get like 1100 euro a month from which i got to pay my rent food and stuff, so i can only spend a maximum of €400,- a month, but thx for the good ideas =)

"For a little bit more, why not a short throw projector?
    Find a used one on Ebay or check this one :"

Cant rly use a projector since this room is only 59 " / 150 cm from wall to wall XDD im sitting with my chair at the wall behind me XD, i cant find any data of the distance it has to be minimum, but i guess its more distance =)

"AFAIK..... Sony TVs are quite good regarding minimum input lag. And even a Sony TV with 32" and just Full HD isn't that pricy. (At Amazon i'm actually seeing one for 369€)"

i will check them out right after i bought the paysafecard to buy the formula raceroom2 car =) thx man

16. gp20

gp20 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    It's a short throw projector, you don't need a big distance to get a big image.
    With this one is quite simple, you will get 1 meter image (87 cm base) at 1 meter and you don't have to buy 3 screens. The minimum is one meter.

You can check it there.
    http://www.viewsoniceurope.com/fr/products/projectors/distance_calc/

By the way you can watch movies too.;)

• Like Like x 1
  17. Ben Joeres

Ben Joeres Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    mhh, i dont think that is a good deal man^^ since beamers(projectors) usally dont have that deep black f.e. and the positioning is another thing. You want that i install it above my head i guess, that will cause trouble sicne the room is so small and i already have problems moving along the wall sometimes lol and if i install it in the height of like 1,50m or 60 " about it will be a disorted image or not? -.- I just watched a video of it, it says only about 8000hours lifetime of the "lamp" and im doing sometimes 6-8 hours a day of gaming and on the wekends even more if my GF is at her parents. I may take a live look at it at some electronic market here in cologne tomorrow. but 8000hours doesnt sound much for me^^

I can have a Samsung UE48JU6050(€675,-) or the Samsung UE48JU6450 (€599,-)both in 4k with 121cm or 48" or the Samsung UE48J6250 (€ 499,-) also with 121cm or 48" but "only" Full HD at the same price, and the image is better isnt it? maybe that the way to go, one monitor/tv in 48", thought that would be too big maybe its fine and i save alot money for the other 2 monitors/tv's. i could upgrade my pc or buy a good wheel with the saved money then =)

just my opinion from the projectors i have seen so far, a pro for the projector would be that i dont have any window in here so it should work, but buy this "thing" over a 48" 4k samsung? mhhh mhhh not sure man =)

18. Ben Joeres

Ben Joeres Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    also i dont want to buy stuff like this used, regarding the warranty u know =)

19. Insaneozzy

Insaneozzy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +242 / 0 / -0
    G-day Ben, I'm one of those 32"tv tripple screen guys :D, in my opinion they do a great job for the bucks, even in single screen.
    There is one thing I will point out though, make sure the TV is full HD, as in it runs 1080x1920 native resolution. I mention this because my El-cheepo Soniq tv's are only 1366x720 native which can create some minor issues when trying to run full 1920x1080 res. So I would suggest you make sure the tv's are FULL 1080 HD not 720, they will cost a little more but worth it in the long run.
    Hope this helps mate, cheers.:)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  20. gp20

gp20 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    The biggest problem is that you never had a projector.
    You can place it where you want.
    With 3000 lumens you can use a projector with daylight, of course not on your screen/wall.
    You have settings for paralellism etc..
    8000 hour is big, mine has only 3000 hours.
    The last year we used it 349 hours which means that we will have to change the lamp in...10 years.
    A compatible lamp cost only 130 euros but of course in 10 years we will have another projector.

Do what you think is the best for you.
    I bought my first projector in 2003, for movies and gaming and i will never go back to a TV.

• Like Like x 2