Problem Help me please , i'm so tired

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by heavy_racing, Mar 13, 2019.

1. heavy_racing

heavy_racing New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello racers . I got a problem with RaceRoom. My RaceRoom starting so slowly, about 2-5 minutes, and no matter how I starting my raceroom : from steam , or exe file, or from srs. And when the game already started, I want to start the race and I waiting again - long , long loading. I try everything to fix this problem : reinstall the game , reinstall video driver , wheel driver (T300) , check cash in steam .And reinstall my windows 10 (.
    So long, long game starting , and race starting too.
    my PC: i7 3770, gigabyte z77, ram 12, gtx 1060 6gb msi armor

2. heavy_racing

heavy_racing New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello , you have problem with your game , I'm already changed my old hdd to new SSD from store , new windows , new bios , and same problem , many - many minutes race loading , single and multiplayer . I have 12 gb RAM , and 6gb 1060 , and i7 3.4 hz, and SSD, why so so slowly ?

3. Alex Hodgkinson

Alex Hodgkinson KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
  4. heavy_racing

heavy_racing New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Speedtest : download 94.63 mbps /
    upload 95.84 mbps
    ping 1 ms

Attached Files:

5. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +790 / 0 / -0
    can you redo it but pick a server outside of russia , try a german /french/swiss one

Andi

6. heavy_racing

heavy_racing New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    yes I can

Attached Files:

7. RWB 3vil

RWB 3vil Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    Go to My Documents/ My Games/Simbin/Race Room Experience . Delete the Race Room Experience folder and see if it makes the game boot quicker. You may have way too many replay files saved. You may have corrupted config files.

If you want to try and delete only a few files inside your RRE profile folder try that too. If you want to save your wheel/controller file and use it later back up My Documents\my games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData\ControlSet

These files are un-touched if you uninstall/Steam Verification so they need to be removed if your having issues to eliminate any possibility its file related

8. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Rename! Delete will remove all files including replay saves, controller configs, car setups and everything else, if you rename at least you can add them back later should the rename fix the issue, and if it dosnt fix, you then delete the newly created and rename the old back to original.

9. RWB 3vil

RWB 3vil Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    I also suggested to only delete a few files in the folder like the control settings and pointed to those.

The OP stated in a reply that they have new hardware:

"Hello , you have problem with your game , I'm already changed my old hdd to new SSD from store , new windows , new bios , and same problem , many - many minutes race loading , single and multiplayer . I have 12 gb RAM , and 6gb 1060 , and i7 3.4 hz, and SSD"

Do you think this user has tonnes of replay data worth saving if any at all, and would rather find ways to get his game to become more responsive. Config could be locked to read only ( windows 10 can cause this to happen if using the easy reformatting option) and the game maybe doesnt like it. The user has stated they removed data:

"I try everything to fix this problem : reinstall the game , reinstall video driver , wheel driver (T300) , check cash in steam .And reinstall my windows 10"

Again what harm will be done by trying to see if My Documents config files are the issue by deleting them.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  10. higsy

higsy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +123 / 0 / -0
    I had the same problem...load times of minutes and joining multi sessions was a nightmare.....i had a few programs that I had added to the start menu of the computer. .things such as crew chief, fanaleds,sim dash etc...
    I never assumed these would cause my issue...once I removed them (and started them after game start) all was fine. Very quick load times.

All my pc specs were close to you...z87 mb here

11. dungbeetle

dungbeetle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    OP.
    I had a similar problem which turned out to be caused by a shared network drive.
    For some reason the game and/or Windows was constantly attempting to read the shared drive causing serious delays.
    Do you have a shared drive on your network?
    If so, remove it from your network and see if this improves matters.

Read here from post #207 to #214:
    https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/28-02-2017-raceroom-has-been-updated.7385/page-11#post-11457

Also managed to connect the drive in a way which didn't cause the problem, thanks to Arthur Spooner.

Good luck! :)

Last edited: Mar 18, 2019
  12. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Are you making things up?
    ?
    :confused:

13. Rob Fitness

Rob Fitness New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    interesting subject
    what are your times to start up?
    mine are:

1:12 to get to the press any key to continue from starting from a desktop shortcut
    1:47 to load a 35 car single event

is this pretty normal??? I normally go make a coffee while waiting for a event to load.

14. RWB 3vil

RWB 3vil Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0

Reading the OP posts they say they have reformatted their PC and its where I got the wording from which i copy pasted and boldened into my post which was spurred on by you saying it was bad advice.