Help needed urgent!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by morgansherif, Apr 18, 2021.

1. morgansherif

morgansherif New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi everyone, I'm struggling to have a proper graphic setting for more than 1 month!!!! I'm not an expert but I've tried everything in the game settings and in NVIDIA but nothing!! the game keeps stuttering, slow picture rate like steps, objects in game keeps flashing like building, other details, frame rate is above 60 depends on how I mess with the settings and it goes up to 100+, I love the game but struggling to setup the graphics note that in other games like iRacing ACC Automobilista 2 everything is fine.
    My setup:
    Intel I9 10900k
    16 GB ram
    MSI B460 A Pro 10th generation
    Zotac RTX 3060 Twin edge
    Sony 65 inch tv X900H 120HZ
    HDMI cable 2.1

2. Hervé45

Hervé45 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    delete graphics_options.xml
    in \Mes documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData

3. morgansherif

morgansherif New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi, thanks for advise but nothing changed still the same

4. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    What screen resolution are you running? Have you tried playing on a smaller screen at 1080 Res just to eliminate variables?

5. morgansherif

morgansherif New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi, first of all thanks for paying attention to my post, second I don't have a smaller screen. I'm on 3840x2160 120hz in NVIDIA settings and the game, I tried lowering it in both but the graphics looks horrible!!! Tried lowering the shadows and all the settings in the game still the same!!

6. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    OK but was FPS performance better even if it looked horrible? It´s just to eliminate high res being the cause. Your system is more than good enough to run this game with 100 plus FPS so there has to be some config explanation.

Has it always been like this since you installed the game? Are you saving race replays / screensots as that sometimes causes performance issues.

Have you tried another Nvidia driver?

Last edited: Apr 19, 2021
  7. morgansherif

morgansherif New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    FPS 80+ goes up to 100+ depends on how I setup the game visuals from high, medium or low

8. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    I added more questions above. Also are you running Nvidia Gysnc or with Vsync on in the game or nvidia settings.

If you run the game in windowed mode does that changge anything? What % occupancy are you getting in the windows admin task manager for graphics card and processor when you are in game in a session?

9. morgansherif

morgansherif New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    No I'm not saving anything because I read about this issue and no I didn't try any other drivers because I don't know if it makes a difference or not and not sure which one to try.

10. morgansherif

morgansherif New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I tried switching on/off the Gsync Vsync in both the frame rate drops a little bit but as far as I know my tv doesn't support both. I'll try it in a windowed mode today once I leave the office by 3 pm (+3 GMT) and I'll also check occupancy % if I managed to understand it and I'll update you. Sorry for being such a noob but I'm trying my best and I really appreciate your time and efforts. Cheers

11. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    To get the task manager you alt-ctrl-del while in game then click on the performance tab. You can try while in game menu and in an actual session and see what % occupancy you are getting for graphics card, processor, memory and HD. Maybe take some screenshots and post them. You can also compare them to when the game is not running and you are in windows desktop.

Do you have issues in all game modes or just multiplayer? Are you running any type of Nvidia card software manager? You could try uninstalling your graphics driver (take a note of which version you are running) using DDU freeware and then having windows update install the one it finds for your card. If that doesn´t work, try the latest driver from nvidia webpage and maybe just install the driver with no extras like Gforce experience.

One final thing to consider is temperatures. It might be good to install throttlestop or some other equivalent that shows what temps your processor and card are running at just to make sure they are not throttling back due to overtemp.

My first stop would be to check FPS at a lower res though.

12. morgansherif

morgansherif New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    That's a lot of hard work for but I'll definitely do it today. I had MSI afterburner but I uninstalled it (shall I reinstall it), still have Razer Cortex and Gforce. My GPU temp 60+C load between 80% to 100% and CPU temp 45+C.
    Didn't check other game modes, I'm just trying the single event with 10 cars only but will try other modes today.

If I lower the resolution FPS definitely increases.

13. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +790 / 0 / -0
    just run the game on its own so no extra programs running

try setting your nvidia 60hz if it will do that ;
    id also try looking for a dx9 download for windows and running it

Andi

14. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    I´d do just that, run the game on the standard windows recommended driver with no tuning apps and use leaderboard on raceroom raceway as a benchmark track as with no opponents you´ll have less for the processor to do.

Run a lower resolution and deactivate time of day settings, shaders and shadow to minimum and see what happens. You should be getting above FPS 100 on that config. If so, work your way up the settings as those 3 graphics settings are the ones that ta systems the most.

15. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +790 / 0 / -0
    dont draw opponents cockpits is another one to save fps

Andi

16. BeefMcQueen

BeefMcQueen Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    Another thing that just came to my mind: what wheel do you use? Any chance you're using Logitech hardware and G-hub as software? I'm asking because there have been game stuttering issues due to some overflow errors caused by G-hub some time ago. Not sure this has been fixed in the meantime, hence my question. Older Logitech gaming software would be the way to go then.

Oli

17. morgansherif

morgansherif New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi Oli, thanks for passing by, I'm using Thrustmaster T-GT with T-LCM and Th8a

18. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    MSI Afterburner or similar tools maybe? Corsair Keyboard (although I haven't heard this one in a long time now)?

19. morgansherif

morgansherif New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi Andi, one more thanks for you for passing by, how can I do that?

20. morgansherif

morgansherif New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I've uninstalled everything all this tools I even uninstalled Nvidia drives and the game itself along with steam but nothing!! It's driving me crazy as other games are running fine ACC iRacing Automobilista