Problem Here we go again....

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Caledonian Wolf, Aug 3, 2015.

1. Caledonian Wolf

Caledonian Wolf Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +80 / 0 / -0
    First attempt to log on tonight resulted hung computer after clicking the multiplayer sever. Second attempt actually got me to a race only to get another lost connection 26 minutes into a 30 min race. That means complete restart of the game. So now we are back in the multiplayer server trying to enter a DTM2013 race. Only problem is, when you try to join the race you only get to pick from BMWs. No Mercs or Audis. Not much use when you only own an Audi. What a waste of time. I really can't believe I paid for this. It's 21:47 BST Only 51 players online. I wonder why.

2. machwebb

machwebb Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +224 / 0 / -0
    Dedicated server set to BMW maybe. Just saying.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Caledonian Wolf

Ratings:
    +80 / 0 / -0
    So here we are again at the multiplayer server screen trying to get into a DTM1992 race. Pick the race, pick the car, wait for the click to continue......... connection lost. Back to the multiplayer server, pick the race again, pick the car, click to continue........and we get a screen over the race option saying "waiting for server" the only option that gives me is to wait for nothing or to hit the quit option to kill the game.......So now we are back with the game closed.

4. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Hung the PC? What's your systems specs? If you set the graphics too high for what your machine can do you can run into such problems.

Other than that, just like in the other thread, what's your location and provider?

5. Caledonian Wolf

Ratings:
    +80 / 0 / -0
    If my location and provider have been working fine then why suddenly would that be a problem? Once again, the only thing that has changed has been R3E. The graphics are set as low as I can tolerate them. I much prefer game play than pretty scenery thanks.

6. Caledonian Wolf

Ratings:
    +80 / 0 / -0
    ROFL. This is fucking comical. Back into a mutiplayer race and after 2 laps practice.... connection lost....If you are tinking of paying for this. don't.

7. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    If you just want to complain that's okay, but it won't solve your problem.
    Like Jay said, there were issues with certain providers in Germany as well and 503's or disconnects strongly point at the connection so giving those details might help to resolve the issue.

As low as you can tolerate? Apparently your computer doesn't play by your rules then. ^^

8. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    It's been working all evening for me. I'm not saying you're mistaken, or that you're doing something wrong, but it's not broken for everyone.

Still, I'm glad you're rolling around on the floor laughing at the all the sex comedy and having a great time

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Caledonian Wolf

Ratings:
    +80 / 0 / -0
    Well as it's a higher spec PC than your's I think the graphics will be just fine. Obviously my tolerance is not as high as yours It's a shame graphics are not the issue. I live in the UK so I doubt any German providers will be an issue for me. As for connection issues, again, the only thing that has changed has been R3E. My PC has connected to nothing but R3E for nearly 6 weeks. It's all it gets used for. Oh and no I'm not using it to connect to this. Not only can I afford a better PC I can afford more than one.

10. Caledonian Wolf

Ratings:
    +80 / 0 / -0
    HAHAHAHAHA Just for a change we are back to "portal services unavailable"

11. Caledonian Wolf

Ratings:
    +80 / 0 / -0
    Holy shit. I'm in a race. On pole.......30 secs to start............

12. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    What do you smoke ? Highlander's Choice :) ?

13. Caledonian Wolf

Ratings:
    +80 / 0 / -0
    I'm not in the Highlands. I'm on the coast actually. Where have you been? I have not crashed into you for ages.

14. Caledonian Wolf

Ratings:
    +80 / 0 / -0
    Well that lasted for one race now it's connection lost time again.

15. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    And yet you obviously don't know how to use them...
    With all that computing power (that hangs itself while performing its only task, lol) backing you up you still fail to realize that connection errors don't neccessarily stem from the client nor server side but might be caused by the middle man, being your provider.

Have fun being miserable. Actually why not play STALKER COP with the Misery Mod, you'd have a blast...

16. SylverFyre

SylverFyre Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +78 / 0 / -0
    I raced in that exact DTM2013 server last night. BMWs were the only cars made available by the server, not a game bug. My connection can be very flakey but I managed a good race against a reasonable field at the red bull ring. Alone Senna was one of the other drivers, but quit when they were beaten in a close fight and chucked it off the track.

Have you tried a router reset? Not a reboot, but a proper reset to clear out any sub optimal settings as well as clear the routing table etc.

17. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    I bet he's got a dedicated gaming router that's worth like a gazillion bucks because not only does it find and apply the optimal settings itself, it even keeps the NSA at bay and gives an automatic ego+50 boost in all RPG's... ^^

• Funny Funny x 3
  18. Caledonian Wolf

Ratings:
    +80 / 0 / -0

Are you like 12 or something?

19. Caledonian Wolf

Ratings:
    +80 / 0 / -0
    Been down that road days ago but thanks for the suggestion.

Yeah i believe I was in the race with Senna. If you are fast enough he can't get near you.

20. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Just to get things right, you Mr Wolf are having connection problems and have (not in the best way imo) posted this thread in which no other has come forward with similar issues. Now when problems arise in such limited numbers (you) then I would start looking at your end or your isp. You said you use this high spec PC solely for RRE so you have no idea if you get the same problems in other games. I am also in the UK and apart from after the recent update (problem for a couple hours til Devs sorted it) have never had connection issues other than the dedi server host quitting. Now in all honesty why would Sector3 be singling you out, connection errors can occur through the simplest things, have you checked your isp's site for problems or upgrades in your area, how far from your exchange are you, does this happen at high demand times, have you swapped out all your cabling, have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling network adapter, have you tried using another adapter? I could keep going on and on as the list is oh soooo long and not knowing the equipment you use or your provider or what OS you're using any aid will be difficult.
    Now having said all this I will say that some individuals are most definitely having connection issues as we still have blinking cars on track but I'm not convinced Sector3 have any control over this at all other than shrinking the ping threshold and eliminating people from multiplayer all together.
    Openly complaining about a product and advertising the game a waste of money when hundreds on this forum say different again makes me think the problem is at your end.
    When you purchase content for RRE you know you are buying into a program in development, especially the multiplayer side hence the Alpha tag.
    If you provide as much information about your kit and provider as possible, myself and I'm sure many others will try to assist in aiding you and remember the reason you are so frustrated is because you are unable to drive probably the best Sim in the world (imo) so I kinda understand the outburst of rage but cool and concise works so much better! :)

• Agree Agree x 1