English Hi to all new here just a note!

Discussion in 'Leagues & Communities' started by Purpleskull™, Feb 4, 2022.

1. Purpleskull™

Purpleskull™ New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    just wanted to know when they were going to have minimum ranks in server for players lower then 50 rank points not able to join (level# 1) it makes it so hard for new guys to stay on track when all they want to do is play wreck fest i luv single player but its not as intense just wondering why a lot of players intentionally crash into you and cause u to black flag or get less points is it cause they s@#$ or just have no clue and got the Drivers ed from cracker jack box looking to make some one else pay for there lack of skill set not saying i'm a perfect bye all means but dam ive got more screen shots of morons hitting me for no reason .then chicken lays eggs

2. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    I don't know what or who's wrong !
    Maybe a vid might be helpful !!
    Why don't you come over here so that we don't need to yell at each other, m8 ?!!!

Welcome !!!....

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. Klaus Bergmeier

Klaus Bergmeier New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm hoping for some rule changes, it's just wreck fest on the rookie servers. Hardly an F4 race without suspension damage in the first lap, to overtake players drive only into the rear and if you overtake someone yourself you will be shot down in the next corner.
    There is an 8 point deduction in reputation for a disconnect, but there are drivers with 5 DQs in a row and have green reputation in some of these races. I hope there will be a rule with a ban for a limited time, e.g. if the reputation falls below 60 an hour, below 50 a day, 40 a week, 30 a month, 20 a ban forever from the ranked races and the competitions.

One more question, all the telemetry data is there, can you turn it into AI-based stewarding? You can see braking points not being observed, waving, unsafe rejoining, moving under braking, Deliberate blocking, etc. Is that feasible?
    I've often had someone push me into the car ahead and I got 8 incident points for that. A better AI stewarding could recognize that and give 8 points to the driver behind, he causes two crashes.

4. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    A complete and unexploitable stewarding system is not possible for a team the size of Sector3. I wonder, however, if it's possible to make a system to recognise at least some very clear situations.

5. Klaus Bergmeier

Klaus Bergmeier New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I know programming the whole thing needs manpower and unfortunately my programming experience is very limited. It would be good if at least the large intentional crashes were detected and prosecuted.
    It's just not fun to be repeatedly cleared from the track and be on the road with damage to the vehicle. I'm not a perfect driver and I also make mistakes, I've alrady also hit someone in the process, but I have a reputation of over 90. So I can't understand if some people are on the track at 50 or less, that's not the meaning from the game, correct?

Sorry, it is Google translation

6. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    I avoid ranked rookie servers (and public servers in general) and each (ranked) practice session I take a good look at the drivers participating - with some experience & observation you quickly get aware of those usual suspects that mean trouble, cause they mostly display reckless behaviour the moment they hit the track.
    And if I smell something fishy I rather quit than getting angry and frustrated by an expectable outcome...
    During a ranked Imola race a few weeks ago there was one driver - who actually was quick and seemed experienced - who consequently was cutting the chicanes to overtake.
    Well he of course got DQed after a while and maybe was just "testing the limits" but this kind of arrogance (and ignorance within) plus stepping out of line is really annoying nevertheless (as much as typical wreckers are) and also ruins the experience for those around such candidates.

But as Maskerader said there's not much we can do atm, except for staying respectful to each other by following the rules.
    And yeah a somehow more advanced and distinctive rating system would be highly welcome...

Last edited: Feb 5, 2022
  7. Devin Tolliver

Devin Tolliver New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thank God I thought I was the only one!! The ranked rookie servers are absolutely absurd. I stare at the ranked servers wondering how people get above 75. Everytime I'm at about 70 and do a bunch of boring ass rookie races, I get plummeted down to 58 the next race for turn 1 being a shit show and someone wrecking my car. The point system is absolute garbage and the drivers on this sim are becoming so absolutely nauseating I can't stand it. I've been paying a lot more Assetto Corsa lately. The lobbies are dying and people are just getting worse by the day. They better do something quick

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  8. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    the thing is , the only person who can do something is you
    step one , report ppl who intentionally drive like idiots
    step two , think

you need 75 to get out of rookies , so drive around at the back , dont race , dont go off track and avoid the idiots as much as you can , your rep will go up , you can leave rookies

Andi

9. DonaldD

DonaldD Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Such a rule would not be hard to implement(code) and would at least keep wreckers and such trash away until they learn (or decide) to drive reasonably.
    But I guess that even such a minimum correction of the MP system is not in the devs priorities.

10. Devin Tolliver

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I've gotten out of rookies plenty of times, only for the same thing to happen in a regular ranked race, and shoot me right back into rookies. Literally feels like I'm playing Mario with 1 life and as soon as I get hit it's back to square one. Regardless of how are aware you are and whatever tactics you take to rank up, doesn't excuse the fact the their point system is trash and crippling an amazing sim. Sector3 is really dropping the ball lately focusing so much on the force feedback and the UI, leaving everything else as an afterthought. The races on offer are horrible and I'm tired of driving zandvoort and portimao, Like most Sims they need an option to create a server and play with friends so I don't have to deal with the idiots, also need to block the use of controllers and mouse and keyboard. That's so much room for improvement but they keep adding things no one is asking for.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  11. Andi Goodwin

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0

its called the dedicated server tool its free , you can set up your own server , on a spare pc or you can get an aws server etc , there is lots of info in the forums if you do a quick search

https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/multiplayer-dedicated-how-to.687/

https://forum.sector3studios.com/in...if-you-cannot-join-your-own-dedi-server.4672/

the rookie servers are based on the starter pack and free content and they definitely run on more than those two tracks

Andi

• Like Like x 2
  12. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    What if there was a system that you have to do a couple off valid laps in a row before may enter the Qualification
    Of course you're alone on track
    The serious people will do that, I think
    The wreckers probebly won't

13. Devin Tolliver

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I hope they read these threads. This is a huge problem. Their point system needs an overhaul badly. It's way too aggressive
    Cool story... That has nothing to do with their incident points or racing system. There are literally multiple threads on here with the same opinion and not a single one saying "oh how I love the point system on raceroom, it's so fair".. But yea they throw in suzuka and hockenhiem occasionally . Like the OP said it would be a lot more efficient to place temporary bans on bad drivers after accumulating x amount of points or make them complete some form of prerequisite before they can get back on track with other people.

14. Devin Tolliver

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    We can dream. The public lobbies on Assetto are so much better than the ranked races on raceroom it's mind blowing. I used to love this sim so much but the popularity of sim racing has brought about a lot of idiots who couldnt care less for proper race craft

15. Devin Tolliver

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'll
    I'll have too look into setting up a server

16. Andi Goodwin

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    yep it is cool ,` it was replying to aspects of your post , giving you the information to something you said was lacking but actually existed and has done since multiplayer came to the game ... i know WOW

as for the incident points
    there is no way for the system to work out whos fault it was , so everyone gets points , we tried lots of ai systems to actually blame one person or the other but everything we tried couldnt cope with ppls desire to cheat the system brake checking etc
    blue flags used to give penalty points too , but we removed that because ppl would just stay behind some one until they got kicked for too many incidents ....... the joys of humanity

if you want idiots out , report them , they get time outs and outright bans this happens

i suffer from a dodgy internet connection , and get drops sometimes , this causes disco penalties , its frustrating loosing points , but rep wise , with a bit of thought and safe driving i bounce back and can drive in the races i wish too

Andi

17. Devin Tolliver

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    You replied about the servers, the topic is about the ranking and point system. Any mention outside of that was to highlight my point. Your comprehension skills are severely lacking. I don't want to spend 20 minutes setting up a server to drive for 30 mins because of an unfair point system. That's ridiculous. Simply ban people after accumulating x amount of points like most sims. That would at least be a start until a proper system is sorted out. Your, "it is what it is" attitude is typical of a mod/beta tester tho.

18. Andi Goodwin

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0

thats utter tripe, and at this point your just trolling

now the ban ppl after x amount of points ...
    seems all well and good , after how many ?
    some ppl get a few disconnects when starting and they can be way down on points do we ban them ?

it was in your post , why did you mention it . if it was off topic ?
    i just passed on the relevant info , that you mentioned and seemed unaware off

Andi

19. Devin Tolliver

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    How about looking at other games/sims penalize players and making it easier to report people. Forza has 100's of thousands of players and 99% of them are idiots but they player base is still massive. It's not only because it's on console and it's marketing but because it doesn't marginalize players for other people stupidity. Anyone can hop on a ranked race without rep or rating, but if you're driving like an idiot and get reported to many times you get a 1 month, then 3 month, then lifetime ban, accordingly. All reports are reviewed and not just slapped on by some bot. You can even submit tickets for ban reviews. Yes Forza isn't a sim but I can 9 times out of 10 find a cleaner race than I would on raceroom because no one wants a 1 month ban on a game they paid money for.

You could also do it on a per race basis. Rep doesn't drop until you've hit 20+ incident points. 20 may seem high but since you get penalized for scrubbing a curb or scratching your balls while driving, it's within reason.

Turn down the aggression of the points system. If my car dips off track trying to avoid a wreck I shouldn't occur any incident points, but you do. That's so asinine. The game clearly knows there's a yellow flag but proceeds to penalize you..

So many options, it's almost like there no effort being put into it. Just threw up the first point system that was made.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  20. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    This can be avoided if you change how disconnects affect your reputation. I know that some people from your team have ideas about how it can be done. I provided my suggestion too.