High PING guys

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Drei, Mar 6, 2015.

1. Drei

Drei Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    Probably there was a thread about this issues before, but i have serious problems with guys racing with high ping. By my experience if someone has 160+ ping, his car start to "skate" on the track, which makes very difficult even to drive behind him. But the real problems start at 200+ ping, his car will teleport infront of me, it is just almost impossible to overtake him, he is "everywhere" jumping around, sometimes dissapears for second, and then reappears. Sometimes it almost feels like they doing it on purpuse, when i get close to them they ping jumps up suddenly... It is very annoying.Is there any plan to implement a ping limit on public servers?

• Agree Agree x 5
  2. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    I have had the exact opposite experience compared to other sims r3e is surprisingly stable at high pings. not that anysim is good with high pings

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    higher pings are fine for me....over 200 I start seeing issues.

4. alesi27

alesi27 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +233 / 0 / -0
    God thats the worst thing for me in online multiplayer.You have to guess where the car of the high ping player is going and sometimes it reappears over you so its just a crash.Please people check your connection if you cant have a good speed one for any reason better stick to solo modes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    I caused a first corner crash the other night by running into the back of a player with bad lag. His car was skating and teleporting all over the place, disappearing and reappearing on different sides of the track. Then his car appeared directly in front of mine in the braking zone and bang. I apologised but there was little I could do.

Normally I quit out from servers with laggers as it's difficult to race safely with these people.

6. Sean Kenney

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    I have found some guys with high pings 200+ are fine and sometimes guys with low pings skate/teleport around...go figure.

Too me it is a more than just a guy with a high ping.

7. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    This can also happen with a good connection but having too much "internal" traffic using a LAN/Wlan ?
    I would say yes. Additionally I know that in Germany there are certain blind spots which are not fully covert DSL-wise (at least a few years ago). A friend had this . He actually got a "decent" DSL connection but had a very bad ping...dunno, I`m not an expert with this...

8. Sean Kenney

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    ping is just a way to check speed of a packet to the server....so you could have a low ping and low bandwidth.

9. Drei

Drei Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    theorically yes, but unfortunately in real life most of the times low bandwith comes with high ping

10. Sean Kenney

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    yes, but I am just saying you could have a great ping, but low bandwidth and would be application dependent as to what is better...low ping low bw or normal ping more bw etc...

11. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    3-11-2015 7-39-49 PM.png

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Thomas Friedrich

Thomas Friedrich Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192 / 0 / -0
    It doesn't have to be always a low ping or bandwidth. I've got a 100/12 Mbit connection and my ping is around 15-20, but I got lag issues. Checking my connection with a speedtest, everything was fine. In the end it was the hardware: I used a cat5e cable on my routers gigabit port, so the data packages my router calculated were too big for the spec limits of the cable and the effect was a laggy connection.

13. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    possibly worse than ping is packet loss although they can go hand in hand.
    the high ping caused by high amounts of traffic and poor server capacity (something most of you Europeans and yanks don't have to worry about) is much worse than ping caused just by distance. at least with distance there is a constant stream of information.
    If you ever see me online you'll notice i try to give at least half a car length at all times and aren't too racey due to packet loss and high pings (on my end) its not something that is avoidable because until a company decides that this little country with less people than Sydney(and you wonder why people call us a state of Australia *) is worth a decent cable.