Bug Hockenheim Slow Down Penalty

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Not Lifting Off, Feb 1, 2019.

1. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    Your chance for a "thats raidillon actually" and you didnt take advantage. Disappointed...

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. RWB 3vil

RWB 3vil Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    did i not do that with my mega awesome MSpaint picture attachment?

3. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    In a way yes but you have to throw in the exact wording of "thats raidillon actually" :D

4. RWB 3vil

RWB 3vil Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    Did you spot my spelling goof?

Its a nod to The Division subreddit community which I doubt come here but none the less in that sub many people type Rouge instead of Rogue and i always think of Spa when i see the typo on that subreddit.

5. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    I doubt the day i can spot correct or incorrect spelling in french will ever come :D

6. ndwthx1138

ndwthx1138 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0

What happens to me is a 3.2 second penalty there - that requires a full stop in order to go away - so you lose upwards of 10 seconds for what should be a lift or give back position.. The system has gone bonkers.. Maybe they can address it yet again in the late march update..

• Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2019
  7. RWB 3vil

RWB 3vil Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    Back on topic. Many off track time penalties need serious re-considerations as they are being bundled in with corner entry/exit cuts and there is a huge difference.

Cutting a corner (cutting across the apex Eg Raidillon at Spa) is a time gain and the slow down penalty is necessary. Coming off the track anywhere else even on a corner (when it is the opposite side of the corner direction eg coming off left into the dirty asphalt and tyre wall at Eu Rouge at Spa no time is gained and in all cases time has been lost. Chicanes should be treated and probably are as one corner when it comes to the cutting zone.

There are some terrible penalties for track extension when time has been lost by extending on certain tracks, a good example is near the very end of Road America, with the grey raised "run off" kerb which absolutely unsettles most cars loosing time and it nearly always thumps you with a 1 sec penalty despite you have lost time anyway as your speed is scrubbed and your car is unbalanced. These problems are in far too many tracks.

You can get a bit too greedy on the 2nd chicane at Zolder and get a warning only yet get a nasty time penalty for getting a bit slidey and going wide way off the race line into grass/sand/dirty off course asphalt which is damaging to your lap time and get 1sec or worse slow downs.

Still to this day Automobilista's strike system is by far the best. If you took liberties on corners that gained you time you would be forced to pit with a drive through. The limit of the warning can be set by the server admin. In AMS nobody got penalties for falling off the track or being bumped off in areas that did not give you time gains but did if you cut corner apexes on the race line but didn't ask you to slow up causing cars to break racing speed and if the offender wouldn't behave themselves at 5 warning (default) your in the pits for a DT in 3 laps or your black flagged. Simple and very effective.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    By contact, it is used for the rating system that was or is going to be implemented if iirc.
    I dont mind the idea of the slow downs, its the implementation and the apparent unfairness of the way the system works. Long, over the top penalties and a slow down system where most times you really need to come to a virtual stop as opposed to maybe cutting your speed and or your car being limited to a % of its power for a short time, imagine losing 25% power for a few seconds, you keep momentum can still race and lose time without really affecting anyone but yourself.

• Like Like x 2
  9. RWB 3vil

RWB 3vil Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    Indeed. The lack of ability to fairly reduce your "gain" in RRE is way off especially when you have a series of corners to traverse you cannot remove the penalty unless you become an extremely slow moving object which is not what any one wants or to wait and then scrub of speed to a point that you are now in a larger deficit than the time you gained ever was.

So as a typical example 0.2 gain will need 0.6-1.0 worth of slowing (typically) to remove the warning depending on the track and how many corners you're facing after a penalty if you slow down as the game tells you to without losing too much momentum and becoming a slow object/hazard for others.

If i recall properly the one thing that Codemasters got right with their early F1 titles is the penalties. I remember being asked to give a place back if i gained it unfairly ( off track) and warned several times if i corner cut (gained time) and would be penalised if i had to many cuts. Never slow downs. And the contact warnings seemed to work well which lead to unsportsmanlike behavior and a penalty. Heck even rFactor 2 has that part.

10. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    Just asking, but do you know that you can also enable drive through penalties instead of slow down penalties in R3E?

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. RWB 3vil

RWB 3vil Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    I wasnt aware of that. Is this something in the server tools that our club can use? Ill let our server admin know

12. RWB Charger

RWB Charger Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    Yes I am aware of it, we did try it and there was an issue but can't quite remember what it was.