Homemade Wheel

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by Husker, Jun 21, 2019.

1. Husker

Husker Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 6
    • Love it! Love it! x 3
    • Creative Creative x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. MattYKee

MattYKee Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    I want one.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Husker

Husker Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    I am thinking of making a few for other people. The problem i have is my health isn't the best right now and because of that i'm not working so it takes me a while to gather all the parts to build just one wheel. I will be making more but most likely only a few and it'll take me a while. I at least wanna make another for myself :grinning:

• Creative Creative x 1
  4. MattYKee

MattYKee Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    Take care with your health. Hope all improves so you can produce more amazing wheels.
    How much time and money did it cost to produce?

I take it by design you could make this modular for any kind of servo/base.

5. Husker

Husker Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    It uses a standard 70mm quick release so as long as you have an adapter from your chosen base to a 70mm adapter plate it would fit perfect.

As for time and money, it cost me a good £200 in parts alone and about a month or so of fiddling about with it and waiting for delivery. I had to learn how to wet form the suede round the grips which took a little practice.

The next design will be better, i learned a lot from this wheel that i can improve on. I'd like to 3d print a back cover but at the same time i think it looks good with all the details on the back on show.

• Wonderful Wonderful x 1