Resolved Hotfix fixes nothing for me

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Paul O'Neill, Jun 5, 2015.

1. Paul O'Neill

Paul O'Neill New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I still get black screen with mouse cursor ..... followed by crash after pressing any button. Even after typing "-cefNoBlacklist -cefNoD3D11" into launch options I still get black screen.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Sonat Ozturk

Sonat Ozturk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,012 / 0 / -0
    Sorry to hear that.

In case you haven't tried yet, can you please try deleting your old r3e user folder? Located at e.g Documents\my games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience

Also what OS are you running?

Last edited: Jun 5, 2015
  3. Paul O'Neill

Paul O'Neill New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hi,

I'm using Win 8.1

Do you mean delete the entire UserData folder?

P.S. I re-downloaded the entire game yesterday - so there should not have been any changes to that folder.

4. Cosmic

Cosmic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    You can try renaming it first; for example change Documents\my games\SimBin to Documents\my games\SimBinX. When you start the game again it will create a new Simbin folder and you will have to reset everything, if it doesn't work just delete the new folder and rename the old one to get your old settings back.

5. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    If you were running R3E since a year or more you would have a SimBin-Folder with the R3E-Folder included. This Folder isn't in use anymore. Maybe just check for that Folder and rename it as Duke has mentioned - the re-Download doesn't delete that Folder...

6. Sonat Ozturk

Ratings:
    +2,012 / 0 / -0
    As others have mentioned, the user folder does not get deleted when uninstalling/installing the game. That's how you keep your custom settings etc. after updates.

To be safe you can start by renaming as suggested, in case you have some custom things you want to keep such as custom controller profiles or car setups.

Renaming it or deleting it altogether will set everything back to default in terms of graphical settings etc.

7. Paul O'Neill

Paul O'Neill New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    tried renaming ..... and sure enough it loaded in a new SimBin folder ....... but still the same issue except now I see the message "failed to start game. app already running" ..... and yes I did shut down steam completely and try again.
    Many others have the same problem after the patch .... although I have only played the game once about a month ago. I was just about to purchase the old WTCC 13 but then I saw a new patch was coming with WTCC 14 and I thought I'll wait a few days ....... Im glad I waited now .... although dissapointed I cant get going ..... because I really don't want to end up with Project Cars. I've done the research and this game appears to be much more what I'm looking for.

8. m.bohlken

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
  9. Paul O'Neill

Paul O'Neill New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
  10. m.bohlken

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Maybe you have red about the trouble with the logitech-profiler?
    So if you are hopefully using a Logitech wheel and the profiler isn't running, you should start/install the profiler before starting R3E as long a new fix for that isn't deployed...

11. Paul O'Neill

Paul O'Neill New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    nope its not that ........no wheel connected.

12. m.bohlken

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    damn ^^ what input-device are you using for steering?

13. Sonat Ozturk

Ratings:
    +2,012 / 0 / -0
    Hi again Paul,

When you say crash what kind of crash do you mean? Do you actually get a crash dump?

14. Paul O'Neill

Paul O'Neill New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    "damn ^^ what input-device are you using for steering?"

:Dwell I have not had to deal with that problem yet because I can't launch the game. But once it does launch I will be using a wireless xbox pad ...... and if I like the game enough I hope to buy a wheel.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2015
  15. Paul O'Neill

Paul O'Neill New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    yes actual crash ...... since the patch after launching (from steam library) it just went to a black screen with only moveable mouse cursor ....... after ctrl/alt/del I got the message re. Crash dump (game crash exception code). As of today (after hotfix) the same happens but in addition I get a second message (from steam this time) saying "unable to launch app already running". ..... just checked it again and this time no second message from steam about app already running .... but still get game crash message.

16. m.bohlken

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    in the message you find a path with the location of the crash-dump-file. I think you can zip it and upload it here. Maybe Sonat will find something in that File.

17. Sonat Ozturk

Ratings:
    +2,012 / 0 / -0
    Can you let me know what the exception code is? If you can grab a screenshot of the window that appears when it crashes that would help as well.

18. Paul O'Neill

Paul O'Neill New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    exception code 0xC000005

it wont let me upload the crash dump file ..... says wrong extension code. I'm working on the screenshot:p

19. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    Just zip the crash dump. A zip-file can be uploaded.

20. Paul O'Neill

Paul O'Neill New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    thanks, will do