How AI times are formed?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by fufsgfen, May 14, 2019.

1. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    Im aware of those problems and dont even know how somebody came up with it in the first place :D but since it might already be used anyways i dont see a huge benefit in having subsectors at all. Sure its nice to get an accurate gap once a while but if a couple metres after the line the calculation goes back to the distance thing then chances are i wont look at the right moment to catch the accurate gap anyways

2. Winzarten

Winzarten Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    The difference can easily be 10+ seconds, if the drivers are futher aparat. As you don't see the gap fluctuating that much in r3e it can be safely assumed that R3E doesn't use simple distance/speed calculations between cars at any point. They might use it as a help to see how quick the other driver will reach the next subsector, which might introduce inaccuracies, but they are nowhere near a simple distance/speed gap calculation has :)

3. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    @Winzarten

Thinking about how I actually use data when racing, I only really need to know the gaps to driver ahead and behind once a lap. Would it be possible to incorporate a virtual pitboard into your app? A bar along the bottom of the screen would work really well. All I want is driver name, gap, and if it's increasing or decreasing since the previous lap (colour green and red)

I realise this info is already there in the timing data but I don't always have time to look in the correct place when racing.....

Any chance?