how do I a buttkicker on my new seat?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by GregoryLeo, Mar 24, 2017.

1. GregoryLeo

GregoryLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -0
    I recently built a new rig complete with a homemade buttkicker for my g27. Which I'm quite happy with. But lately I've been getting into longer races. And the wooden seat gets uncomfortable After an hour or so. So I took the passenger seat from an old Mazda truck I'm recycling. And I've got it ready to mount to my rig. But I'm haven't been able to come up with a good plan to mount the actuators to it. Any suggestions? I would really appreciate it.
    Thanks in advance.
    Gregoryleo.
    image.jpeg image.jpeg

Last edited: Mar 24, 2017
  2. Fleskebacon

Fleskebacon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +258 / 0 / -0
    All rigs need a cup holder. Good job.

I mounted my seat on top of a 4 mm aluminium plate, and mounted the bass shakers on the plate. Works good. Don't know if that will fit your seat and rig, thoug.

• Like Like x 1
  3. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    Since its a car seat, id want to check the underside and see if its possible to mount them inside the bottom cushion, maybe attached to the cross spring type things. I would think being that close to your rear end, vibration transfer wouldnot be so crucial.

4. Bailey Lagstrum

Bailey Lagstrum Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +105 / 0 / -0
    I thought this would be temporary but it worked so well I haven't changed it. Simply used zip ties to mount it directly to the cushion springs and have been very happy. I will mention I am using a Buttkicker Advance though and it packs quite a punch with my amp so no problem feeling it.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  5. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    Fantastic...yes i am surprised how easy it can be to feel the vibrations, eceneith buttkickers far away from the seat, so yours must be barely breaking a sweat with that setup!!

6. Bailey Lagstrum

Bailey Lagstrum Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +105 / 0 / -0
    A made this clip for a friend a couple years back... this is NOT how I run my buttkickers (way too high), it was merely to show him what was possible.
    I had SimVibe set for Engine Vibrations only and if you were sitting in an old openwheeler or vintage muscle car, well... it was cool. Had that doga-da doga-da thing going on. lol

https://www.dropbox.com/s/64kh4g7atxnt12q/buttkicker.mp4?dl=0

7. GregoryLeo

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -0
    I ended up mounting them directly to the wood frame right next to where the seat brackets are mounted. Works fairly well. The vibration is more general, but still distinctly stereo. The better seat more than makes up for the change in the butt kicker. I like the zip tie idea, I might give that a try. I seriously considered duct taping them to the sides. But i figured it wouldn't hold for very long. Thanks for all the feedback, it gave me some new idea's as to what I could try.

8. GregoryLeo

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -0
    Yes a cup holder was one of my top priorities;)