How do I adjust Steering Angle?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Petty Andretti, Apr 5, 2021.

1. Petty Andretti

Petty Andretti New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I have a G923. I see no way to adjust my Steering Angle in Wheel Settings. What am I missing?

Attached Files:

2. zed

zed Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    do you have xbox ver or PS ver?
    i have some problems ( also this one ) with g923 also and if possible it would be useful if you check to see if you have this problem also or no.
    https://forum.sector3studios.com/in...ch-g923-xbox-version-not-working-right.16329/
    +

for now i didn't see logitech take the operating range ( what logitech call )/Steering Angle from games yet.

you can do it manually in G-HUB after you load the game, go in your car then go back in menu, change windows to G-HUB and change your operating range to what a ever you want, then go back to game and try to drive. it should work now and you should have lock in degree you set

3. Petty Andretti

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I have the PS version. The setting in game appears to be nothing more than cosmetic. I've been using GHub settings for RR and other sims. F1 2020 I usually set to much lower.

4. PanVlk

PanVlk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    The setting isn't cosmetic, it does work alright on other wheels (at least on my Thrustmaster). But indeed it seems like the Logitech users have problems with it as it's being overwritten by GHub settings. Just another in long list of GHub quirks I guess.

5. BeefMcQueen

BeefMcQueen Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    The missing arrows to the left and right of the steering angle also can be a sign for the game not even recognising the wheel as a wheel. It then would handle the wheel rather like a game controller or even a keyboard, where in both cases, you can of course not change the angle. Is the FFB tab available for you in the controller settings in-game?

Oli

6. Petty Andretti

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the replies.

The G923 is recognized and AFAIK there are no other issues. FFB works fine.

However, GHub does not recognize Race Room when I do a scan of installed sims. I had to add it manually.
    Controller.jpg
    I disabled GHub and launched RR to see if that would make a difference with the Steering Angle setting but it did not.

7. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    Just adding that everything works fine on my g29 so its not impossible for it to work with a logitech. It does sometimes act up after ghub updates tho (in which case i can still adjust the number in game but it doesnt change the wheels behaviour and i have to go back to ghub to set the number of degrees there and repeat that whenever i drive another car)

8. BeefMcQueen

BeefMcQueen Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    Hi Nico, thanks for the info. If it happens again, that a new car's steering angle is not properly transmitted to your wheel, could you please try the following? : When you're in the car, realising the wheel angle is off, ESCape back to the menu and click resume to get right back into your car. Do you feel or hear a slight jolt from your wheel, as a sign that it has received the new angle now? It's a workaround that solves it to 100% for me. I have no idea why it sometimes needs that second try, though.

Oli

Edit: forgot to mention, I'm on a Thrustmaster T300.

• Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: May 1, 2021
  9. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    Will give it a go if i remember to :D
    Thanks for the input :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Petty Andretti

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    How can I make sure Steering Angle is indeed working in GHub for RR? Set it some extreme value?

11. Nenah

Nenah Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Not sure if that's going to help, but my G923 needs to be plugged in to the computer a few times before it is properly recognized as such. It simply won't work unless it looks exactly like the attached screenshot.
    THEN, start game and it will work. Won't buy again.

Attached Files:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. Petty Andretti

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Your screenshot shows a G29, not G923.

13. zed

zed Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    i report my problems in reddit and username LOGIRich answer:

The operating range issue is something we're aware of and is on the list of things to address. You've already found the current workaround, although I'll point out that you don't have to change to 900 and back again each time - just a single degree change will fix it.

btw you don't have LED and FFB problem right?

14. Petty Andretti

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    FFB & LED works fine and I am not experiencing any other issues.

I tried searching multiple times on the Logitech forums for a Wheel sub forum and found nothing. Maybe I’m clueless.

it’s nice that Logitech replied, but it would be helpful if it were done in their own forum.

15. zed

zed Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
  16. Nenah

Nenah Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Did you get the point or do I need to explain it again but this time PROPERLY TYPING G29?
    Forum nitpicking, jfc.

17. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    This type of details can be important. It's not nitpicking because it wasn't obvious if it's just a typo or you have to use G923 as a G29 (I can easily imagine it being a legit workaround).