How much you would pay for a monthly subscription?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mihai, Jun 18, 2019.

?

How much you would pay monthly?

Poll closed Jun 25, 2019.
  1. 8 euro

10 vote(s)
    45.5%
  2. 10 euro

10 vote(s)
    45.5%
  3. 12 euro

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 14 euro

2 vote(s)
    9.1%
  1. Mihai

Mihai Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +98 / 0 / -0
    If R3E gets ratings, official series and others related to an organized multiplayer experience how much you would pay for it?
    Prices are in euro and vat included. Votes can't be changed and can't be viewed w/o voting. Poll last for one week.
    I would love to see some opinions regarding this subject from S3 and/or their employer.

• Dislike x 12
    • Disagree x 5
    • Like x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • Creative x 1
  2. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    As someone who is totally opposed to ongoing subscriptions for the games I play, I'm unable to vote because there is no option for zero Euros. That makes this entire poll biased towards those who are in favour of monthly fees, which is unrepresentative of the playerbase as a whole.

I seriously hope that subscriptions are not even close to being on the radar for S3 and RaceRoom.

• Agree Agree x 28
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Mihai

Mihai Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +98 / 0 / -0
    My bad for not being more specific. It would be a monthly fee only for this online structure, the rest of the game would be as it is, unaffected by this.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    NoN. Buying a game ok. But rent a game is not my cup of tea. I would love to play iRacing but I don't want to pay every month for it.

• Agree Agree x 7
  5. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    My vote would still be zero Euros, so this pole it still unrepresentative of the community as a whole.

• Agree Agree x 8
  6. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    Already spent and will keep spending enough on r3e. No need for an extra 100-150€ a year just for organised races.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Even iracings subscription does not work, I have a sub (which I am about to let lapse, again) but I can never race the cars I want at the tracks I want at the time I want. If you want good, organised, clean racing then join a league. There are plenty of good ones.

• Agree Agree x 5
  8. Ablaze

Ablaze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +120 / 0 / -0
    I think if the online service is good with lots of features, stable servers and a reliable netcode a few bucks each month could be justified in my opinion. The problem is the small player base in relation to other sims. The numbers wouldn't go up if additional costs would be charged I guess.

9. Turtle Power

Turtle Power Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    One thing that I would pay for is for Offline Raceroom version but that is another matter. Don't like subscriptions or not being able to play offline. The thing is I love Raceroom

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. CheerfullyInsane

CheerfullyInsane Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    Nothing.
    Zero interest in competitive MP, much prefer either league or SP.

• Agree Agree x 5
  11. KOKORO ga PYONPYON

KOKORO ga PYONPYON Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +203 / 0 / -0
    Vote : 0euro
    One of the great things about R3E is that you can play it simply by choosing and purchasing the free or desired content.

R3E does not have to do imitation of iRacing.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  12. MattYKee

MattYKee Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    I've never bought into subscription games before. If raceroom was something like $3-$5 aud(around 3 euro) per month then i would consider it. But anymore than that? No chance. I would wish them the best of luck.

I never tried Iracing's free trial because of the subscription based model and from the looks of videos etc it appears i wasnt missing anything special anyway. There was about a week where i was curious but i didnt have a credit card at that time anyway so that business model had me locked out in more ways than 1.
    This is how you win my money these days! Free product with additional content purchasable. I've spent more money on just cosmetics on everyone of my free to play MMO characters than i have on my entire games library in the last 10 years.

Speaking of which i wonder how Raceroom would do if they started to sell cosmetics on dashboards haha.. Fluffy dice, mudgaurd flaps, custom pit crews, maybe even live flares or sparks that get set off when i crash.

13. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    None.

No interest in MP.
    Already having paid quite some.

14. Jetsun

Jetsun Active Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    Started with pcars2 on PS4 with gamepad, made me buy some pc n wheel, from which I tried AC n R3E, got stuck in R3E, found something special in it I can't really define, feeling like real racing n cool people around, never tried iRacing n will never because of monthly subscriptions, a new trend that sounds like robbery to me, that binds u to a thing you never own ... So please no

15. totalgamertb21

totalgamertb21 Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    The only subscription-based game I was ever addicted to was Club Penguin.

iRacing seems like an amazing game, but the subscription thing puts me off it. I would much rather just buy the game and play it whenever I like.

• Love it! Love it! x 1
  16. Winzarten

Winzarten Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    None..
    The problem with subscription based games is that they are a huge commitment. You either spend the majority of your time playing that title, or you are not getting enough value of that subscription.

For those of us, who like to spend time in different sims (r3e, rfactor2, ams, ac....), subscribing to r3e would made no sense, as we would not get the subscription value back.

People who are already dedicated to, mostly, a single platform, are already on iRacing and r3e has no chance to compete with iRacing in this regard, because it lacks the most important thing - userbase willing to have r3e as it's single sim.

17. Arcson

Arcson Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    Picking up R3E whenever I like and have enough time for it is one of the main things that got me hooked. At first I thought of iRacing, but then calculated a bit and nope - paying every month for an acces to a game in addidtion to already significant amount of monthly bills is not quite for me.

I bought 30 days of premium once for a game and I hated that feeling that made me play this game just not to "waste" the money I spent on it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Thomas Friedrich

Thomas Friedrich Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192 / 0 / -0
    ...you are renting this game already. If S3 would shut down their servers, you couldn‘t use it anymore. Just saying...

...and as an ‚extra’ option, for using online leagues and scheduled racing events with an advanced matchmaking/scoring system (like iRacing), I would sure pay some money...

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    No i don't rent this game. To speak about renting there has to be a regular payment. ;)

20. yoori

yoori Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +103 / 0 / -0
    I wouldn't pay just for online. I can pay an entry fee that goes some how into a prize pool, but not a sub for MP.

If on top of current buy content system they added a sub that gave access to all content then I'd consider.