How to brake more like AI?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by .OG Isaac, Jan 28, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Funny. I set all brakes in all cars in RR and AC to 95% pressure. Its the first thing I do in car setup, and then only tyre pressure. Always. Better braking for me is the result. CSPv3 here.

Being smoother with pedals is key. Usually most people say "No, its racing, be brutla and late with the pedals." Strnagely, Steffen Seyffarth in one of his assessment videos where he comments players'S laps says exactly the opposite: "Many of you guys go into turns too fast, you are to harsh with gas and brakes. Be smoother! You lose time by being to harsh."

Cars in AC, btw, use the same physics as player's car. The AI just is divinely competent in handling these to its advantage, minimising reraction times, and that is why it is so fast and appears to be too perfect and superhuman. Either Aris or Stefano once explained it this way.

Personally I do not care whether the aI uses another physics suite than I have tio us ein my vcar as long as the rersulting car behavuiour doe snot give the imnpression of cheating or breaking the laws of physics. When racing, i have other things to do than to make notes on what the AI is doing exactly. Usually I have both hands full with trying to keep it in check. In RR, AI at 96% skill level.

2. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    You have calculated the bill without taking into account Intel and Microsoft... They will find ways to break it. Promised.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Shivas FR

Shivas FR Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    I solved my Brake issue by ajusting the brake sensitivity in the advanced controller settings.

I don't have a fix mounted race gear for playing and sometimes, when i hit the brake too hard, my chair move backward. So, by increasing the brake sensitivity from 50% to 60%, i can now hit the full brake force without going backward :p.

Now, i no more hit AI car when they brake (still a little bit but, nobody's perfect ^^). CSPE here (yes the very very very old one ^^).

Hope this little trick can help some other, even if it's better to don't touch this settings

4. Rodent

Rodent Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    So with todays patch the AI braking has been adjusted on the BMW M1 Procar, GTO and Group 5 classes. Hopefully ya'll will be able to better enjoy AI races against them now, I know I do.

• Like Like x 2