Question How to change HUD size, position

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Skybird, Nov 13, 2019.

1. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    There is no textfile with descriptions for such background tasks. There should be one, updated frequently when need arises.

The HUD elements in cockpit, I mean the mini HUDs that can be toggled on and off, how was it done when wanting to change their size and position? In VR, in some cars, the symbolic HUD, now is so far to the right that all values are cut off, I cannot read the gear number in it.

If it has been said in some developer notes and some hints here or there: S3, such information belongs into an old fashioned manual, it is not to be scattered all across the web and expecting players then to crawl all over the web like spiders. There are so many technical informations and functions that need mentioning, and nothing is there, just this scattered mess of forum and internet posts that might get found if needed - or not. It costs time, it costs nerves, it kills nerves, and sometimes it might get you answers and sometimes it does not.

When the description of functions must get written once for public explanation anyway: why not collecting it in one central place - a txt-file on player'S HD? The work must be done anyway at least once, its not more work involved.. But it must not be endlessly repeated when somebody comes and asks questions like I now do. Its inefficient like it is done today. An obsession: no old fashioned manual, no readme-files, no txt files - have it online instead, and inly online! and in many sub-posts! scattered all over the place! Thats cool! Thats "in" ! Grrrr, modern ways are not automatically better ways.

An old fashioned textfile. Worked for decades. This obsession to just have stuff online, works counterproductive, and always has. Other studios do like this, too, I know. I hate it,I am furious at times about it, I am angry with every studio doing like this. "Only online" is not automatically better. An updated textfile in the installation folder, changed and updated with every patch release adding new functions or changing old ones.

Now I sit here and type and wait. For what with a txt-file could have found a solution within 30 seconds or so. The irony may be this: maybe I have even asked this before, or a comparable question. I am not certain. With a documentation in my installation folder, I would not need to ask again. And would be done with my issue by now. There are quite some things I am not clear about, but I do not ask them all one by one. I have instead given up on these things. Maybe they were explained sometimes int he last, somewhere, pulbished somewhere, here, there, whereever. It s just that accessing the answers is an expedition where instead it should be just flipping two or three pages in a notebook, or scrolling them in a text file window. Answer found in half a minute.. And I am tired of this.

Is it Wednesday today? Must be a Wednesday. Wednesdays are grumpy cat days over here.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Karting06

Karting06 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    I don't know if you found the answer in the meantime but maybe it can be useful for others too:

You need to assign a key (default keybinds have a key assigned ('M', I think)) to "Move&Scale HUD elements".
    Then, while ingame, you press that button and with a mouse you can move the elements by clicking left. To resize the element, you press right and move the cursor. If I remember correctly, moving right makes it bigger and left smaller. (Pressing button will also show that help text in the HUD notification area)

You can also assign a key to reset the HUD if you want to reset the HUD to default.

This was the explanation in the changelog: