Problem How to fix "multiplayer setting name is not available"

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Marc Wieneke, Sep 24, 2015.

1. Marc Wieneke

Marc Wieneke New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hi Folks,

we have a problem with our server names. We want to change the name of our server from "virtualracing #6" to "virtualracing #1" but we always get this message "multiplayer setting name is not available". There is no more other server running with this name. We used this name on our old windows dedicated server and than switched to a new one where we counted up the server names (6 to 10). The old server isn't in use anymore so we want to update our names and set them to virtualracing #1 to #5.

I have just reinstalled the r3e dedicated server but it uses the old names. Where is the r3e dedicated server configuration stored locally? Probably the deletion of this files would help. I have looked at "Documents" and in "AppData" but cannot find it.

Any ideas?

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Tarik Userli

Tarik Userli Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +578 / 0 / -0
    i know that.

That problem is that you have created with the old windows a server. When you have first created a server, you became a uniq id. This uniq id save all your Servernames and when u create with a new windows a server and this server have a name saved in the other ID you became this error.

I think this Uniq id`s are to prevent clone server

I had the same error and i have gone the same way like you but i have no solution and i dont know where the files are stored.

i hope you understand me ;)

• Useful Useful x 1
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2015
  3. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    This is the problem with not being able to edit servers udp/tcp, fancy if we could use same udp/tcp settings as first time we used name for server then maybe the same server name could be used rather than being lost to the ether!
    I was going to tack this same problem on the end of my thread "dedi server issue" but kept it simple, oh if only simple it was, I set up a sprint server and it's just hanging on "end of session", restarted server several times and can't shake it. If I go to session info then it says the session has -3574923879 remaining or something similar (wouldn't save a screenshot:mad:), what's that all about S3?
    Sod it, while I'm at it raced at Red Bull jobby and apart from being rolled twice (I know who you are :cool:) I soldiered on and managed to get to third in a field of 18 the funny thing is, ok, so some boo hoo'd but several carried on yet I didn't see most of them, the odd flash here and there but apart from passing a couple parked up Beemers and one floating 2 foot above the tarmac in some sort of stasis I didn't see another til I caught 2nd up, they were there as there were puffs of dust kicked up and every now and again I picked up a place.
    Needs sorting S3, been with us for a while now and multiplayer is becoming unplayable at times, hopefully a fix in the next update? which is when by the way? I run a server for a league and I can't get my servers to do what they're supposed to HELP :confused:

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  4. Tarik Userli

Ratings:
    +578 / 0 / -0
    I miss a official statement

5. Marc Wieneke

Marc Wieneke New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Me too but only 7 hours before I have opened the thread. So I am patient and will wait 1 or 2 days and then we will see. :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Tarik Userli

Ratings:
    +578 / 0 / -0
    I have searched a bit and found this one:

C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Local\Sector3_Studios_AB\

there are two files
    • iv.bin
    • settings.bin
    maybe here are the uniq id stored but im not sure

€dit:

Okay i rly sure that here are the uniq id stored im try to figure it out. Stand by ;)

Last edited: Sep 25, 2015
  7. Tarik Userli

Ratings:
    +578 / 0 / -0
    Can u still remember whats your phrase from the old win server?

I have copy the settings and iv.bin files to another server and voila it works i think without your old phrase or the old files you havent a chance to get the old Server name.:cool:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 25, 2015
  8. Marc Wieneke

Marc Wieneke New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hey Tarik, thanks for the good news I will try this on tomorow or later tonight!

9. Marc Wieneke

Marc Wieneke New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    This is the interesting part: C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Local\Sector3_Studios_AB\
    I have searched for it but did not found it under the r3e user.

yourname is the Administrator user for me but I am logged in with a r3e user. Everytime we start the dedicated server the UAC prompt comes up and we have to type in the Administrator passwort. I do NOT understand this behavior it is not a privileged port or something. Why does this process needs admin rights for every start? Looks like bad programming for me, I am very sorry guys.

At the moment i try to get the rid of UAC prompt as described there: http://www.ghacks.net/2010/07/08/ge...microsofts-application-compatibility-toolkit/
    But it does not work for me on the new server, on the old one it worked. They have the same windows version running.

10. Marc Wieneke

Marc Wieneke New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Ok with RunAsAdmin and RunAsInvoker the process starts now without UAC prompt and the folder was created under the correct user. But if I copy the files from the old server to the folder I get an empty server list and I cannot create the servers with the old name again. Same problem.

11. Sonat Ozturk

Sonat Ozturk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,012 / 0 / -0
    Hi,
    If your IP/secret changes you cannot get your old settings back. Unfortunately that means you can't get the name back either.
    This is obviously a problem so we will implement a better system, where we perhaps save settings per R3E account instead of a secret, as it is not enough to retrieve old settings (since multiple people can have the same secret).

In the meantime gents, I can offer to "release" your old names manually since it's stored on our end serverside. Let me know via PM with the relevant info (secret, IPs, server name etc.) and we can sort it out for you.

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. Tarik Userli

Ratings:
    +578 / 0 / -0
    Thanks sonat, this is a nice way to solve this problem!

Well done