How to improve PC

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Miguel Vallejo, Jan 25, 2016.

1. Paradox Agi

Paradox Agi Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Sounds great. If you are right I can probably get some fps by overclocking. On high settings I have framedrops if there are many cars in front of me.

2. Paradox Agi

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    I finally performed some benchmarks. If anyone wants to repoduce it, do the following:

Perform a single race in Raceroom Raceway Bridge, with 24 cars on the track, standing start at position 12. Measure the fps using fraps for 30 seconds, hitting the benchmark button at start, red lights off. Then try to stay in the middle of the pack for 30 seconds. I did this as long as I had three consistent runs without spins or whatever, because this ususally causes fps to rise as there are less cars in front and in the mirror than while driving in a proper line midpacks.

I used ADAC 2013 Audi R8 in the test, maybe other series bring up different results.

In the end, I figured out, R3E does depend on CPU performance much more than I thought before. A higher CPU clock will result in almost 1:1 percentul fps gain in clock ranges at around 2 Ghz, in higher ranges it's much less but still significant.

@Miguel Vallejo As I don't have another graphics card, I can just suggest you perform th benchmark as mentioned above yourself and compare your result to my 2400Mhz benchmark (my newer generation is about 20% faster at the same clock than your i5) and if you get almost the same fps as I did, your graphics card is not the problem, as I expected before. If you can't compare to my framerates at all, your graphics card is likely the main problem. In any way, overclocking your CPU will give you a significant boost in performance.

My results are included in the zip file added to this post.

The test was performed on the system shown in my signature. As I wanted to simulate an i5, hyper threading was disabled and 4 physical cores were running at the different clock speeds without turbo.

Attached Files:

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Nice, at least that will give him an idea, its definitely worth it.
    Im going to make one suggestion tho, turn on hyperthreading, there is no reason to have it turned off, i get a 20% hit in performance if i have it turned off thats using Asus realbench for testing and stressing.

4. Paradox Agi

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    I normally have ht enabled. I just disabled it for this test as I wanted to be as close to the thread starter's cpu as possible. I will perform some more tests about different core configurations and in the end create visual charts so nobody has to go through my raw fraps log files.