How to mount Symprojects Pro-Race 2 on T300(RS)?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Don Rudi, Apr 7, 2017.

1. Don Rudi

Don Rudi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    When I was still using my monitor on the table, my Pro-Race indicator simply stood on the food of the monitor. But now that I switched to a racing rig, I currently have no place to attach the SLI to.
    SRH offered me a custom plate to attach it between T300 base and my GT28 wheel, but as I am far sighted this is too close and I would prefer to mount it on top of the base - like the shift lights in the WTCC touring cars, which are mounted on the dash board.
    Does anybody know a propper solution for this ?

2. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Do you mean in this sort of thing Don, this is my dash on my T500.

IMAG0222.jpg

3. Don Rudi

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    That's the solution that SRH offered me, but that is too close for me to read it. I would like to place it on top of the wheel base. We have a car in the game that has the shift lights mounted on something like a foot/stand on the dashboard, I just can't recall which one. But that'd be my basic idea.

4. Don Rudi

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    But that's a really nice custom wheel 1

5. Gopher04

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Yeh it's getting old now, the whole wheel setup is over 6 years now, time for a change, wont to get the CSW 2.5, but it's been good to me that's for sure, the wheel is a Sparco 310.

As for your problem so you want it to be above the rim and further back? Yeh there is car in-game with that sort of style buggered if I can remember what,

6. Don Rudi

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    Exactly, above the rim and further back. Even though 10-15 cm might not sound much, but for me it is the difference between seeing sharp and not :)

Last edited: Apr 7, 2017
  7. Gopher04

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Sounds like you need to make a metal plate of something out of mdf you can attach to the back of the base, and double sided foam tape, that's what I used. All I mad was a mdf backing mounted the dash to it then mounted it to the base all using the tape.
    Will probably not use the dash once I change wheels, as most of these companies don't seem bother updating their anymore.

IMAG0223.jpg

8. Patrick.B

Patrick.B Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +105 / 0 / -0
    is the tape strong enough ?