How to pit stop with formulas?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dene, Apr 8, 2019.

1. dene

dene Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    I want to simulate the f1 championship with the real number of laps in the race. Do I need to use mandatory pit stop, or will AI react automatically according to tire wear?

2. totalgamertb21

totalgamertb21 Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    I would think that they do react according to the tyre wear.

Also, just a little tip: I don't know if you already know this, but if you're doing it in championship mode and set the race to a specific number of laps, that's what it would be like for all the races. You would be better off setting the race distance in minutes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    Generally the ai will pit when they feel like their tires are too worn. But i dont know how long theyd last on the hard compound. I dont think its ~90 minutes but if you wanna be sure they pit just activate the mandatory pit stop. In real f1 theres one as well anyways ;)

4. totalgamertb21

totalgamertb21 Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    It also depends on what you set the tyre wear rate to.

5. dene

dene Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Well, just now I try 52 laps race in Hockenheimring and it works without mandatory pit stop. AI reacted automatically cca. 10 laps after half of the race and all of them change tires. I start on the softs, so I had to pit little earlier. Finally I was too hard on the brakes, so I had two pit stops. Btw, very good race with adaptive AI.

Thank you for you advice totalgamertb21. I want to use rule about min. 300 km per race. So I select the shortest track, divide the lenght by 300, and use result for all tracks.

6. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    Have fun doing a 500km race around spa then :D

7. dene

dene Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Yes. its little bit long :D 525 km in Spa. So, its possible to compromise: take average from the shortest (Moscow) and the longest track (Spa), divide by 300 and all races will have 55 laps :D

Btw, what do you think about my tracks list for f1 2019 calendar simulation? - Bathurst - Sepang - Shanghai - Macau - Portimao - Imola - Laguna Seca - Paul Ricard - Spielberg - Silverstone - Hockenheim - Hungaroring - Spa - Monza - Zolder - Nurgburgring - Moscow - Anderstorp - Zantvoort - Zhuhai - Indianapolis

8. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    Bathurst and macau sound like quite the challenge :D other than that pretty much what youd expect from an f1 calendar in r3e

9. dene

dene Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Ok, I change it for Sonoma and Motegi :D and of course I forgot for Suzuka (replace Zantvoort) and Chang (replace Zolder)