Question How to place the HUD "Dash" in center position?

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Luc Marqs, Mar 7, 2021.

1. Luc Marqs

Luc Marqs New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hello all,

I've just got into R3E with some friends, after a very long hiatus from sim-racing (almost seven years off in my case).
    We've been enjoying it a lot so far, meanwhile we've been trying different cameras for what each find most suitable to own preferences.

There's a particular camera that is pretty cool (like a dash camera, found when cycling through "Home" key").
    However we're having trouble finding a way to change the position of the "full HUD" (digital dash), usually seen on bottom right.

Is there any option to place the HUD in the center (see attached screenshot if not understanding), like as you'd see in the car's "normal" cockpit camera?
    Thanks in advance for info.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 7, 2021
  2. BeefMcQueen

BeefMcQueen Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    Hi Luc, there should be a key binding for what you're looking for. If you go to button assignments in the controller options, you'll find 'move HUD elements' you can assign a button or key to. If I remember right, it defaults to the 'M' key... So when in cockpit view, just hit the m key once and you then can drag and drop every HUD element to where you like it. By holding the right mouse button you can even change the size.
    Have a closer look to all assignments and you'll also find all the bindings to toggle different HUD elements on and off.
    Hope that helps.

Oli

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Luc Marqs

Luc Marqs New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Wow, more options than I imagined! :) It's perfect, many thanks!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1