Question How to re-enable slow down penalty counter and other penalty warnings

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Jose C., May 11, 2020.

1. Jose C.

Jose C. New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi,

I got disqualified from a race because I failed to serve a drive through after a slow down penalty. This is what I've been told as I wasn't aware of any such penalty.

I play in VR + crewchief and I have my overlay settings switched off

is there a way to bring back the slow down penalty counter and other penalty warnings without re-enabling the in game overlays?

Thanks!

2. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    essential only

Andi

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    Yes, set the overlays to "essential".

4. yoori

yoori Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +103 / 0 / -0
    Also check your crew chief settings he should tell you about the penalty

5. Lixma

Lixma Honorary QA

Ratings:
    +174 / 0 / -0
    I also got caught out by this. I didn't realise there was an 'Essential only' setting - I habitually turn as much HUD stuff off as I can, but I did't realise I was I was also removing warnings, flags, penalties etc.

There's just one thing - that huge ugly 'final lap' banner that pops up.

[​IMG]

I wish there was the option to replace it with a resizeable flag to match the other HUD elements.

[​IMG]

6. yoori

yoori Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +103 / 0 / -0
    The white flag means slow car, so it wouldn't work as it should.

• Informative Informative x 2
  7. Jose C.

Jose C. New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks!

I reviewed my crew chief logs and a non-served slow down penalty converts to drive through penalty but for some weird reason, Crew Chief doesn't pick this up. I'll post it on crew chief forums.

Also, without the essentials it is impossible to know how much time you have to slow down (Crew Chief won't tell you when you are good to go)

8. Lixma

Lixma Honorary QA

Ratings:
    +174 / 0 / -0
    Fair enough - just anything better than that horrible banner.

9. Nash Bobo

Nash Bobo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    People are racing computers, programmers and people who really understand sim racing/video games and try and exploit the software of RR, iracing, rfactor, Thrustmaster, logitech, fanatec, Assetto Corsa, etc. A Porsche, BMW, transmissions, engines and tires etc. are different in RR, are different in iracing, are different in rfactor, etc. People that play video games learn to exploit the drivers and programmers etc. to win at video games. It takes time, practice, and understanding of the software and people they are up against.

Nash

10. NikolaiMikov

NikolaiMikov New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I had same problem for a long time. It may looks funny to you, but after checking literally anything to turn back time penalty counter I finally found the problem. It appeared that while moving and resizing the original ingame hud I moved the yellow flag element somewhere out of my screen. Furthermore I use single screen (and crewchef flags overlay). Huh, finally I am happy that I found that and now everything is okay :)))

• Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: May 29, 2023