How to setup triple screens

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Sector3, Nov 30, 2017.

1. Christian Göpfert

Christian Göpfert Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,285 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
  2. sherpa25

sherpa25 Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Thanks much, this would be precious for me if it works. Hope you get to remember the other thread, as I've been looking for a while now.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2019
  3. sherpa25

sherpa25 Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Back to & trying my 23" triples, in the meantime. I've entered the parameters in Launch options in cm (-triScr 60 -4 51 29 1 51 29 1 45 51 29 1 40) but R3E keeps starting only on my center display (1920x1080) and under Video settings, it's only option is 1 Display. I'm currently in Surround mode (5760x1080) and even removed Crewchief parameters. Any ideas? TIA.

Update/added info: While settings insisted on 1 display at 1920x1080, I went on track and it did show triple screen emulation but only on a single screen (ie. my center display).

Fixed by editing graphics file, why doesn't it detect initially?

Last edited: Nov 4, 2019
  4. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +94 / 0 / -0
    You have to set the screen display in the game to 48:9

• Like Like x 1
  5. sherpa25

sherpa25 Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, didn't have that choice too earlier before I edited the file. While at it, any place to check the correct FOV value for a certain screen size? I found only for vertical FOV but none yet for horizontal. And with triples, do we leave FOV as 1.0x, or still have to reduce it?

6. Bull Shark

Ratings:
    +94 / 0 / -0
    This post helped me to setup the correct setup for my triples..
    At first I had some troubles to understand it but suddenly I got it..

https://forum.reizastudios.com/threads/tutorial-fov-triple-screens-immersion.4009/

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Juanfran Vinuesa Bruñó

Juanfran Vinuesa Bruñó New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i have to say this system is an absolutly s*ht, impossible to perfect setup well my 32 inch monitors, enter game, check, change values, repeat for hours

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  8. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +894 / 0 / -0
    Could you please explain your problem a bit more detailed and could you please post your sh***y startup arguments ?
    Btw you placed the * at the wrong position. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Turtle Power

Turtle Power Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0
    This is my field of view setup on triple 27. An eye distance from the centre screen is 69cm. However, i have better results with 80cm as shown. Play with bezel values until you get the image perfectly lined up. Talking bezel, remember that 5mm is 0.5 value and not 5 :p. Many people get this wrong.
    20191130_162828.jpg 20191130_163044.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  10. Juanfran Vinuesa Bruñó

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Let's start, this is my conf right now: -triScr 85 0 70 40 0 70 40 0 60 70 40 0 60
    there's a difference on wide of the screen between center screen and side screens (center screen cars looks wider).
    if you turn on correct bezel on nvidia surround lets suppose bezel is correct at 0, i'll tried 0,1,-1...and always looks the same, my bezel is about 1,5 cm wide.
    that is difficult to configure compare to other games i'm not lying.
    and what is worse of all, I just had a great stuttering and the ffb doesn't work

11. fischhaltefolie

Ratings:
    +894 / 0 / -0
    Cars could appear to be too small on your side screens, if you set the angle too high. How did you measure your 60 degrees? As shown in the manual or as drawn in (bit ragged) by me?
    upload_2019-12-5_19-32-5.png

• Like Like x 1
  12. Juanfran Vinuesa Bruñó

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    it's okay to take a joke because the system is crap

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  13. fischhaltefolie

Ratings:
    +894 / 0 / -0
    No joke by my side. Well, keep on trying.;)

14. Turtle Power

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0
    Dear Juanfran, stay tuned as we will help you to get trough this. There is no bad joke, and if there is any joke going around, it is only for the good cause and not intentional. Sometimes a sense of humor can not be understood by others depending the country they come from or native language they speak. And remember you started with aggressive choice of words.
    Back to the subject, Post a picture of your screens and provide us with more information. Raceroom triple screen setup is not as friendly as in ACC or other titles but it can be done with a little bit more effort. SO, lets work on this together.
    As what has been asked before, have you measured your monitors angles correctly as per Raceroom instructions?

Last edited: Dec 6, 2019
  15. Turtle Power

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0
    In addition, it is best NOT to use bezel correction in Nvidia surround so you can focus only on Steam values. Surely it can be done in Nvidia but that could be more frustrating.
    I'd suggest set up Nvidia surround with no bezel correction. Next, add correct values in steam and also pay attention to the height level. B [verticalOffsetOfPlayerGazeFromMiddleScreenCenter] if your eye level is above middle screen, you must add (-) minus/negative. If you are below than just add a number without minus/negative. Once you get all the values as per your measurements, then you can fine tune values and in-game FOV to suit your needs.

Let us know how did you go with this?

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Bull Shark

Ratings:
    +94 / 0 / -0
    Looks exactly like my setup. Although my screens are mounted a tiny bit higher, from what I see on the photos. :D

• Like Like x 1
  17. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +122 / 0 / -0
    I'm getting a bit jealous :p
    How about this, will I be able to have 2 screens running DP and 1 HDMI all at 1080p so I can still run my 4k monitor through DP? And how do I swap from sim racing on triples back to 4k monitor for other games?

18. sherpa25

sherpa25 Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    So 4 screens (triples, and a 4k)? I'd like to know/see too how you'll position/set up the 4k w/ respect to the triples. :)

19. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +122 / 0 / -0
    Im planning on having the 4k monitor sitting behind the triples facing back to back with the triples. I can race in rig then sit on the bed behind the rig to play RDR2 or similar type games. I have the monitor atm on my rig mounted on a stand that can be raised and spun 180 to be able to play Sims one time them RDR2 with DS4 on the bed the next.
    I'm just stuck because my 4k monitor needs DP to be able to 4k 60, the HDMI port only does 4k 30 and no FreeSync so when I get the triples I'm thinking 2 using DP (not sure about FreeSync) and the other HDMI (again not sure about FreeSync).
    It's all a bit confusing as to how this will work (in theory it's a perfect setup).
    I may sell the 4k monitor and get a 34" 1440p that has HDMI as my role playing game screen. But don't think nVidia have FreeSync via HDMI on Pascal tbough.

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2019
  20. Rmbonk86

Rmbonk86 Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    What technique is a quick way some of you may use to get your monitors in the right position? I know what a 45 degree angle is but i want to make sure I'm as close as possible. I have 2 20 inch screens and 1 19 in between those. When I tried to eyeball a 45 degree position it didn't look right. I Cut out a piece of cardboard into a 45 degree wedge and tried that.