How to setup triple screens

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Sector3, Nov 30, 2017.

1. Racki

Racki Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +124 / 0 / -0
    There is a lot room for personal preferences. The optimum position for the outer monitors seem to be where your view has an right angle to the center of thesw screens. There are some online calculators you csn use.

For easy setup I recommend to get the measure between the most outer edges of the displays.
    I.e. I use triple 40s. When I spread my arms i can get the outer borders exactly with my fingertips to find the desired angle

2. silvanob2

silvanob2 Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Hello,
    i did launch with triple screen setup parameters but in car i cant use the 4 "cockpit perspective shift" anymore.
    Any advise ?

3. Racki

Racki Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +124 / 0 / -0
    'Adjust Seat' buttons are working for me. Have you rechecked the button assignment?

4. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +94 / 0 / -0
    Only seat tilt does not work with triple screens.

5. silvanob2

silvanob2 Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Oh ok @Bull Shark, too bad because the side monitors now are correct but my seating position is not good, thats why i would need the seat tilt....well i'll mess a bit more till i find something usefull.
    Thanks guys ;)

6. silvanob2

silvanob2 Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Yes i did and they are assigned but thats not the prob, its the seat tilt that i need and they are not available with the triple monitor parameters. you think this could be done somehow or is this too complicated?

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +122 / 0 / -0
    Just ordered my AOC 27's , going to need some help i think when i have all the number to get the FOV right >

• Love it! Love it! x 1
  8. Bull Shark

Ratings:
    +94 / 0 / -0
    Np. Just shout.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. sherpa25

sherpa25 Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    While at it, you'll just need some measuring tape and calculator using the formulas shared by GTspeedster, then a little seat adjustment, and you're done...usually. :D

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. Bull Shark

Ratings:
    +94 / 0 / -0
    Indeed it works very easy.

To get a better understanding you could read this thread on the Reiza forum,
    https://forum.reizastudios.com/threads/tutorial-fov-triple-screens-immersion.4009/

At first it is a bit overwhelming but when you start the calculations it becomes more clearly.
    The ingame FOV is set to 0.7 but with this calculation you get a more detailed number which you can put in the graphics_options.xml file of RRE.
    I calculated a FOV of 0.6570001 for my setup using the above methode.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. 2ndLastJedi

Ratings:
    +122 / 0 / -0
    Double post

12. 2ndLastJedi

Ratings:
    +122 / 0 / -0
    I reading a bit of fuss around surround, what's the go there? Do I use it for all Sims or is there a list of Sims that use surround and ones that don't? And does that mean I need to go into nvcp and turn on surround for sim A and back in to turn it off for sim B?

13. Bull Shark

Ratings:
    +94 / 0 / -0
    Surround is just a setting in the NCP to make windows see your three screens as one big screen. For all the known sims you can turn surround on and leave it on. In the game settings you have to change the screen ratio to 48x9. After that you may choose your Desired screen res. I use 7680x1440.
    Only for non racing games, eg, RDR2 I have to turn off Surround because my system can’t handle such games in 7680x1440. So I turn surround off and just use 1 screen for that kind of games.
    As I almost do not play other games than racegames I don’t mind to occasionally turn surround off and on.

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. 2ndLastJedi

Ratings:
    +122 / 0 / -0
    Okay i got 2 of my 3 screens ! Went to pick em up and they only had 2 !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh well at least i can star the setup and alignment process ! I managed to move the screen closer to 62 cms and made the second (left) the same distance (62cms) and it loos great ,the angle seems spectacular !
    Now can i cheat and just grab the correct FOV from somewhere as im pretty crap at math and reading that in depth tutorial just made my brain hurt !
    I know i cant expect the correct FOV to work seeing as i only have 2 monitors but at least i can get the head start and hopefully tomorrow the 3rd will be in and its turn key !
    Also if i set my screens so they are all at 62cm do i really need to worry what angle they are ? If they all sit the same distance from my eyes do i really need that number ?

15. 2ndLastJedi

Ratings:
    +122 / 0 / -0
    I believe ive worked this out correctly , vFOV of 50.9 have no idea how to get the hFOV but that will have to wait till AMS 2 comes , and R3E is 1.275 . My viewing distance is 63 , screens are 60 w 34 h bezel is 0.5cm and they are 50 degrees angle .
    Please correct this if ive made a/some mistakes .

Can anyone please help me ? How can i tilt angle the seat in game with triples ?
    Also it seems that billboards dont get rendered in side monitors and appear as they come onto the center screen , is this a known issue or do i need to do something to get those to render further to the side ?

But there is a definite WOW factor with triples ! Lovin it :)

• Like Like x 1
  16. Bull Shark

Ratings:
    +94 / 0 / -0
    -triScr 63 0 61 34.40 0.8 61 34.40 0.8 50 61 34.40 0.4 51 1

My starup settings. As said, my FOV is calculated by R3E to be 0.7 but I have that a bit corrected as I calculated the FOV with the information found on the Reiza forum. It is now set at 0.65700012
    So how did you came up that High FOV setting of 1.275?

Sadly you can't use the ingame tilt function with a triple setup. For me this is a big disadvantage of RE3.
    You have to set it manually per car if you want to change the tilt function. There is a topic here about the tilt function and how to set it via the game file setting.

17. 2ndLastJedi

Ratings:
    +122 / 0 / -0
    Well im crap at math but if i did it right i got vFOV of 50.9 then divided by 40 as in op here https://forum.reizastudios.com/threads/tutorial-fov-triple-screens-immersion.4009/ which got 1.275 for R3E .

18. 2ndLastJedi

Ratings:
    +122 / 0 / -0
    What are you in game graphics settings ? I have worse performance with 1080p triples than i did with 4k maxed :( Doesnt seem to want to hold a locked 60 , well actually it is locked to 59 but frametimes are all over the place , its usually (in 4k) smooth 16.7 !
    Do you have billboards not showing on your side monitors ?

19. Bull Shark

Ratings:
    +94 / 0 / -0
    Will take a look. I have 60fps constant. I have Have Vsync on. you’re where right about the FOV by the way. Just calculated it again with my setup and I now have a FOV of 1.29164383 to be precise.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Bull Shark

Ratings:
    +94 / 0 / -0
    Currently I have it set as seen underneath,
    Billboards are seen through the side screens by the way.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1