How to setup triple screens

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Sector3, Nov 30, 2017.

1. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +125 / 0 / -0
    Thanks man, I found out what was wrong with my frametimes,i had nVidia inspector frame cap at 60.7, once I removed that I can crank settings back to max and get a smooth 60 just like 4k ;)

• Like Like x 1
  2. sherpa25

sherpa25 Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Validating my settings...how'd you derive your FOV of 1.29? Your vFOV is 30.54, right? I got that from your values in launch options.

3. 2ndLastJedi

Ratings:
    +125 / 0 / -0
    I did it all wrong. My vFOV is 30.2 or 0.75 in R3E.

4. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112 / 0 / -0
    You play in 1080p I presume?
    Even when I switch back to 1080P (From 1440p) I can't set all settings to max. At the start of a race (Zandvoort for example) it will drop back to 55FPS.

5. Bull Shark

Ratings:
    +112 / 0 / -0
    Did a re-calc and I Calculated a 0.66xxxx FOV according the calculation from the Reiza forum.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. 2ndLastJedi

Ratings:
    +125 / 0 / -0
    Yeah 1080p (5760x1080) , ive even got nVidia Inspector enhancing AA 8x for both .
    Ill try Zandvoort now , in the 934 with 31 Ai !
    This triple FOV is like black magic ! I just dont know what is right or not ! I got 51 first time now 31 but if i use the TriScr ingame it shows 51 and if i set it to 31 its definitely not right !!!!!!
    Doing my head in and leaving at 51 for now until someone can correct what im doing wrong .

7. 2ndLastJedi

Ratings:
    +125 / 0 / -0
    Bugger me , you where right , max settings not possible .need to readjust !! Why is less pixels than 4k harder to run in triples ? Its hitting my CPU not GPU , thread 6 is high 90's the whole time ! Kind of like VR i guess but even though its 3 screens its really only 1 big one isnt it ?

8. Bull Shark

Ratings:
    +112 / 0 / -0
    I really can’t tell you. All I know is that I can’t run with max settings in 1080p on my triples. I play in 1440p with a bit lesser settings. It is great but I have to coop with the starts. If I’m in front it is fine, but as soon as I’m more in the middle or back of the grid, the FPS drops to 54 for a few moments and will het higher after the first corner is taken and the grid is a bit spread.
    Re FOV, how do you get such High In game FOV ?

9. Bull Shark

Ratings:
    +112 / 0 / -0
    I have all settings maxed out, only track object is set to medium. Speculator is set to low and particles as well. 25 cars visible and a grid of 25 cars as well. Inspector set to 4x and 4x.
    I can now maintain 60fps in 1440p. 7680x1440 that is.
    Even on Zandvoort.

Question, how can I reset my seat position? I have two keys bound to FOV perspective up/down and one to centre it again. Works great but I also have two keys bound to seat up/down. When I move the seat up or down I sometimes want to reset it to the original position. How do I do this? I do not see an option in the settings.:anguished:

10. MattStone

MattStone Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +134 / 0 / -0
    I think the answer is no.
    Each screen is rendering it’s own perspective; the view is been created three times from different angles.
    With one big screen the view is created once

This means some CPU threads will have to do 3x the work to calculate those different angles
    So I imagine a triple screen system will bottle neck the CPU faster than a 4K screen

that’s my educated guess anyway

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Bull Shark

Ratings:
    +112 / 0 / -0
    Yeah I think that is the case. 3 screens is a huge CPU/GPU hunger setup.

12. nolive721

nolive721 Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    Go and play ACC by switching ON actual triple screen rendering
    Its 15 to 20fps drop on my not so shabby rig!

Did try this on RRE a while ago cant remember exacly but there was a performance hit here as well but since my triples are freesync and game is optimized compared to ACC i didnt notice much

Last edited: Jan 28, 2020
  13. Bull Shark

Ratings:
    +112 / 0 / -0
    Is it possible to setup different resolutions with triple screens like,
    1080p - 1440p - 1080p
    1920x1080 - 2560x1440 - 1920x1080
    So the side panels are in 1080p and the middle screen 1440p?

• Creative Creative x 1
  14. Bull Shark

Ratings:
    +112 / 0 / -0
    Apparently not.. I did not find any solution on the net. :)

15. Jay Jay Kirkels

Jay Jay Kirkels New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I can't seem to get the triple screen mode turn on. It keeps launching in 1920×1080 and can't increase the number of displays. I find this very weird. I put in the command line which makes it only weirder

16. Georg Ortner

Georg Ortner Sector3 Developer

Ratings:
    +2,872 / 0 / -0
    Did you enable "Surround" in your graphics driver control panel?
    Double checked your startup argument is correct?

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. sherpa25

sherpa25 Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Also, set the screen display in-game to 48:9. Thanks to @Bull Shark.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. MrBones22

MrBones22 Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    You can tilt your view in triple screen, just bind keys to the "Shift Display Down" and "Shift Display Up" ...they are at the very bottom of the Edit Assignments menu under Triple Screen, along with the "Increase/Decrease FOV" keybindings.

19. 2ndLastJedi

Ratings:
    +125 / 0 / -0
    That's not tilt but rather moving the eye point up or down, definitely no the same thing! I wish for a tilt like all other Sims offer. As for the eye point, AMS 2 let's you adjust each screen individually to each other while still having the seat tilt option in with the seat movement to bind a button to.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. MrBones22

MrBones22 Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Hmm...I know the wording they use makes it sound like its incorrect, but I use this every time I switch cars in conjunction with the "seat up / down" keys, whereas the seat height = drivers eye height, and the shift display keys will pitch the camera up or down to see the rearview mirror or gauges, depending on your driver's eye height..for example, you can shift display down until you are looking at the floor and see the top of the shifter. Here are some screenshots to illustrate my point:

here's a low eye height with roughly 0 "pitch"
    20200326021230_1.jpg

now I've raised my seat / eye height way up, and with a -5.6 pitch to bring the gauges back into my view you see we are now looking down on the front fenders.
    20200326021335_1.jpg

Edit: the odd misalignment where the screens join is due to the fact that my side screens are 23" and center is 25", everything looks as it should in game.

I know it's not working the way I describe as a simple pitch up / down, but for now, the result is what I was looking for. Your seat height is saved per car, but the camera pitch is a constant setting, so when I change cars I will pitch up or down to get the right tilt for that seating position...it's usually just .5 or so different depending.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2020