How to setup triple screens

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Sector3, Nov 30, 2017.

1. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +125 / 0 / -0
    What buttons do you have mapped to adjust the pitch then? I don't get actual pitch rather up/down/forward /backwards and then one that shifts the image up/down to align my eyes to the centre of the screen!

2. MrBones22

MrBones22 Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    I have my num pad keys set up for all the seat adjustments, then my WSAD set up for shift display up / down and FOV increase decrease.

The more I think about it, I think you are telling the camera that your eyes are x amount higher or lower than you said in your startup arguments, and it's adjusting the pitch based on that...

If it's not working for you in the same way I was just thinking that maybe it's an Nvidia vs AMD thing. I have an older AMD card and I know a lot of people have trouble using the Nvidia "surround" setting. Maybe if you're using that it would only adjust the center screen?

3. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112 / 0 / -0
    I can’t adjust the pitch angle on a triple setup. :eek:
    Only by editing the files by hand.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,164 / 0 / -0
    I'm trying to get my oldest son to step away from Forza and try Raceroom. :D
    And was going to try to help him set up tripple screens with his laptop on the left and two monitors.

[​IMG]

However it won't let me surround connect allt 3 screens and I think it's the laptop htz causing the issue, that is locked to 75hz, and the monitors both have a limit on 60hz. So I can't surround any of the monitors with the laptop, only the two monitors is possible to surround in Nvidia.

Is there a way so that I can set up a 2 screen setup, so that he uses the center and right monitor?

5. sherpa25

sherpa25 Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Had wanted to try something similar (23"-32"-23") but although they're all 60Hz, couldn't make it work 'easily'. SRWE was suggested but found it cumbersome. Tried it with AC a long time ago w/ only 2 screens and it worked... but again like I mentioned quite cumbersome.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Bull Shark

Ratings:
    +112 / 0 / -0
    Is there a methode to offset the side panels a bit? for the 100% aligned I need to move the right panel 1cm up and the left panel 1.2cm down. It can't be done with the launch settings but perhaps alter a game file?

7. MrBones22

MrBones22 Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Wow, I guess I'll consider myself lucky! I can't think of anything I've done differently that would make the pitch adjustment work for me other than the difference between AMD Eyefinity and Nvidia Surround...Hopefully, there's a proper solution soon!

And as far as aligning the monitors I used the "analog" approach = a book and 1 slice of cardboard under each side monitor :D to make them align on-center with my main monitor since they are slightly smaller and have a different stand height lol. I bought a TCL 43" 4k TV which I am going to try on its own, but I'm hoping to get 2 more someday to use for triples, and at the same time make a dedicated sim rig instead of using my desk.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2020
  8. Bull Shark

Ratings:
    +112 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, but as I have a monitor stand for 3 screens, it is a bit difficult to use books or whatever.
    I now have to use washers but only for RRRE. The most games have more options to align the screens.

9. 2ndLastJedi

Ratings:
    +125 / 0 / -0
    I hope one day S3 can implement a proper triple screen tool like all other sims have , but it seems only AMS 2 have the independent screen offset feature and R3E is the only one that doesn't allow seat tilt while triples are selected !

I find it strange how i have my monitors perfectly aligned to each other , got all my numbers millimeter perfect and in one sim (AMS 2) i need to have both outer screens adjusted down by 5mm ! Why do all other sims align perfectly with just the correct numbers yet AMS 2 doesn't !

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. roller.inside

roller.inside New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I'm trying to setup triple screen with 16:9 - 21:9 - 16:9 setup.

First thing is to "hack" nvidia surround which doesn't support different resolution monitors. I made it.

Now RaceRoom is extended to all three monitors but then, the game divide the image in three "same proportion" images, so I have part of the side screens in the middle screen.
    Despite I told the game which size is each monitor, it doesn't realize that the middle monitor is a 21:9.

Did anyone got the game working with a setup like mine?
    Will the game support it some day?

11. DB8TypeR

DB8TypeR New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm currently using a 34" 21:9 monitor and planning to add 2 x 27" 16:9 to it for a more immersive racing. I've been looking around on different forums and youtube for a while but didn't see anyone has such setup. Hope you or someone can work it out and share the solution.

12. SNeal5966

SNeal5966 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    So this instructional thread was started 5 years ago....still don't have menu configurations for this to run correctly?

I am having a problem and I am hoping someone can help. I setup the launcher per the instructions, and I have an AMD Radeon video Card....I ran EyeFinity at 5760 x 1920 and in game it does show up on all three screens, but it's showing all three screens on each screen. It's the weirdest thing. It's not seeing the three screens as 1 screen as it should with eyefinity enabled. What am I missing here?

In other words, I have 3 screens, each showing the same thing, when I set this up. Each screen has squished views of what should be 3 individual screens....I am not sure what I am doing wrong here. I would really really appreciate some help.

13. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +916 / 0 / -0
    @SNeal5966, here's a screenshot of general settings in Video settings and my startup argument is -triScr 760 0 600 335 8 600 335 8 67 600 335 8 67 1.
    Btw it's now two and a half year since start of the thread.;)
    upload_2020-5-23_9-8-41.png

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. 2ndLastJedi

Ratings:
    +125 / 0 / -0
    2.5 years and still no seat tilt :(

15. SNeal5966

SNeal5966 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    OK that's what I suspected, except I don't have the option for that resolution in my choices for some reason...

16. fischhaltefolie

Ratings:
    +916 / 0 / -0
    What happens, if you go to display mode borderless windowed?

17. SNeal5966

SNeal5966 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    So this is weird but I found a solution.

I had never used eyefinity before, so I hadn't ran it prior to installing this game (I use windowed borderless for iRacing so I don't have to mess with the eyefinity stuff). Anyway, I reinstalled the game while in eyefinity mode with the correct resolution. Now that resolution shows up as a choice for me and I can make the 3 screens work correctly. Strange that I had to do that to make it work.

18. fischhaltefolie

Ratings:
    +916 / 0 / -0
    Fine, but isn't perspective without eyefinity or surround a bit stretched on the sidescreens? At least, that's what I complained about until possibility of triple setup.

19. pixeljetstream

pixeljetstream Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +389 / 0 / -0
    As you said you couldn't pick proper three screen resolution, that is because you have to select the wide aspect ratio first, then the appropriate resolutions show as choice. The fresh install basically set that aspect for you, but you should have been able to do it yourself before.