How to setup triple screens

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Sector3, Nov 30, 2017.

1. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +127 / 0 / -0
    -20 :)

2. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    We have enough other Sims that I'm not playing R3E or buying anymore content until they fix the seat adjustment for us triples users. I haven't touched it for months, i see they do updates but don't seem to want to or know how to fix this issue that has been here since they added triples :rolleyes: oh well, I only wasted $150 on their content, not like I spent much money :oops:

3. Bull Shark

Ratings:
    +127 / 0 / -0
    Yeah same for me. Love the game but not beeing able to adjust the seat to suit my needs is a no go.
    I thought they will fix this in an update / bug fix but apparently not.
    Bought every single car and track but since a few months I do not buy new content anymore.
    sorry developers but as long as you don’t fix the seat adjustment for triples users, I will keep it parked on the virtual shelve.:(

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. 2ndLastJedi

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. STISH

STISH Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    What is your problem with seat and triple screen?

6. 2ndLastJedi

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
  7. Bull Shark

Ratings:
    +127 / 0 / -0
    The tilt function is just not working when using triple screens. On a single screen it works without any problems.

8. Flerbizky

Flerbizky New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    When one has decided to go from a single ultrawide to a triple screen setup with 16:9 - 21:9 - 16:9 monitors

Is there a way to tell the RendR engine to split the -triscr rendering windows from | 1/3rd || 1/3rd || 1/3rd | to | 30% || 40% || 30% |
    or am I forever stuck with stretching in Eyefinity mode?

Thanks,
    /Steffen

Attached Files:

9. LT34

LT34 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Bonjour,
    Je n arrive pas a configurer mes trois écans.
    J ai un décalage.
    Je modifie les paramètre dans steam/race room/propriéte la ligne de commande avec mes mesures d écran ok.
    Cela ne me modifie rien en jeux.
    Et j ai attribuer des touches dans le jeu pour modifier le fov et la réinitialisation, l attribution c est bien passé mais cela ne change rien en jeux non plus?
    Merci de vos lumières, je comprend pas trop.

10. Francesco.Rosso

Francesco.Rosso New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I have the same problem, I've the three views separated in only one monitor, the one in the center.
    May you help me?
    thanks
    Best Regards

11. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +930 / 0 / -0
    Could you provide your settings?
    Having set nvidia surround and using these ingame settings
    upload_2020-7-25_9-20-38.png
    and these start options
    -triScr 760 0 600 335 8 600 335 8 67 600 335 8 67 1
    in raceroom steam properties works well.

12. Francesco.Rosso

Francesco.Rosso New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hy,
    Thanks for the advices, now the three monitor are ok, but I used my parameters about the display dimensions and distances.
    Only a question: now I don't success modify the FOV parameters and I set up the resolution = 0,9 instead off 0,6 becasue I feel the speed better than when I set 0,6.
    Best Regards
    Francesco

• Like Like x 1
  13. MattStone

MattStone Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    I didn't think the FOV setting worked with triples; I thought that can only be adjusted by adjusting the distance from monitor value in the start up options!

14. sherpa25

sherpa25 Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Or edit 'graphics_options.xml' (ie. <fovScale type="float32">0.65000000</fovScale>)?

15. L3g0

L3g0 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    hi maybe some one can help me too understand.
    i have tripple setup in place, i did set it up like described in the guide and up on the values i calculated within a FOV calculator.
    My wheel is approx 30 cm away from the screen which is relatevely common for a car. My eyes are 74cm away from screen.
    the screens are wrapped around me. The back of my seat is nearly in one line with my outer edges of the screens.

Now here is the case;
    When i jump in to the virtual car, in this example a DTM 2020 car, the display on the dash in this car is a BOSCH DDU10 which is approx 20cm wide in reality but it appears now much wider on the display with my FOV settings. (zoomed in)

Now 2 actions can lead to the correct "looking" of the cockpit respective on the size of the cars display on the dash
    action 1 -> move the VIRTUAL seat backwards the cars DDU display starts to appear smaller until it fits exactely 20cm.
    action 2 -> increase the FOV
    -> both lead to the result dash is DDU is later 20cm wide displayed on my center screen

Question: which is the technical correct attempt to get this result?

16. VeryStef

VeryStef New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Normally if your triple screen launch parameters are correct you do not need to adjust the fov.

17. L3g0

L3g0 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    so u would say action1 seat position?

18. VeryStef

VeryStef New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Indeed.

19. L3g0

L3g0 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    But the value of FOV is not part of the -triscreens parameter and its not set automatically. So i calculated it within a fov calculator. when u say i do not have to modify it then u mean not after i have set it initially?. Sry beeing so precice :D

20. VeryStef

VeryStef New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    If you have entered the correct triple screen parameters, the game will be give you the real fov for the car. If you have changed the fov, reset it to default and then adjust the seat position to taste.