How to setup triple screens

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Sector3, Nov 30, 2017.

1. L3g0

L3g0 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    hi, sry what exactely is the default value ? I know that there is a button assigned to reset if u have modifed it in the car. But it does reset to what? The value which is in the game options? Then would it be the calculated one-time set FOV. is default = defined in game options? -> which in my case is the previous calculated value?

Last edited: Oct 15, 2020
  2. VeryStef

VeryStef New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
  3. eSTee3

eSTee3 New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +138 / 0 / -0
    I've heard some great things have come to R3E in the audio department (on top of the already great audio) and I'm keen to jump back in and have a listen, is there any word on how the seat/camera pitch option for triple users is coming along? This is the only thing stopping myself and many other triple users coming back and spending more money in R3E so any updates would be appreciated.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. RacingTom

RacingTom New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Moinsen,

i have a problem with the startup options in TripleScreensetup.
    When I start with the values I have measured, enter them into Steam (-triScr ......) and start the game I don't see any effect. The FOV stays the same even if the values are changed a lot. Even if I change the key mapping for TriScr, a key press does not lead to anything. Nothing happens!

Is the shown hook for VR Theatre Mode necessary or does it have no effect. I cannot select it because the field is grayed out.

Maybe someone else can give me a decisive tip.

Greetings
    Tom

6. RacingTom

RacingTom New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Moinsen,
    OK, I ve fixed this by my self.
    I tried different things without any success.
    After reinstalling Game, same Problem.
    Then I have checked the Startparametres as I did 99 Times before, but then I have found the mistake.
    I realy forgot to type in one of the Monitorangles and that leads to the discripted problem. :cool::eek:
    Now everything works fine.
    Tschüss
    Tom

7. DonaemouS

DonaemouS New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Is like they finally set triple screen detection, and the launch string is not needed anymore?

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. eSTee3

eSTee3 New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Not sure if any of you switch between triples and VR, but you have to launch R3E without VR and then change the resolution and uncheck the triples toggle to be able to see the game in VR without being stretched and unusable : (

9. paokkerkir

paokkerkir New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    So after a while i figured the correct way to setup the triples after Dec update.

• To avoid issues it is better to delete graphics_options.xml in My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData
    • Start with -webmenu launch option only, and configure your triples in the new menu option.
    • Exit game
    • Remove the -webmenu launch option and ADD YOUR -triScr parameters
    • (optional) Edit your fov within the menu, or edit your calculated fov in the graphics_options.xml as needed.
    You will have to redo your graphics settings if you delete the xml, and that is it.
    Also, seat tilt works with triple screens at last! No it does not, I was not using multiview with my instructions. Now it is sorted.

webmenu is still causing some issues in races, and it is better to not fully utilize it yet for stability reasons.
    You have to configure the triples twice, because the game takes the values from graphics_options.xml and they are only created by -webmenu fov menu.
    If you remove webmenu you have to add triScr back with parameters, even though they are not used, for multiview to work..

@eSTee3 I do, and I use two graphics_options.xml that I switch manually before any change, one for triples one for VR.
    If you use the old menu you will not have this issue.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2020
  10. eSTee3

eSTee3 New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Wow... I never thought of having two config files and just swapping as needed... Genius!

11. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133 / 0 / -0
    Lol. So simple but if you don’t know you will do as you said indeed. Good to read you don’t have to fiddle arround anymore. :D
    With Pcars and AMS2 you can start in VR or pancake mode and the game pick the correct config file.
    Would be nice to see such behaviour in RaceRoom as well but hey, you have to have some dreams of course.;)

• Like Like x 1
  12. 2ndLastJedi

Ratings:
    +138 / 0 / -0
    I wouldn't hold your breath, as its been nearly a year to make 2 buttons work in triples and its still not here :eek:

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. paokkerkir

paokkerkir New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I made a simple bat file to make switching graphics_options.xml easier.
    Download the Switcher and follow instructions in the readme.

Attached Files:

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. Bull Shark

Ratings:
    +133 / 0 / -0
    Can I start in triple screen mode without using nVidia surround mode? Before the update it was not a problem, atm I can’t fire up my triple screens as it only show a monitor ratio of 16:9 and there is no way to choose a resolution of 7680*1440 anymore.

15. DonaemouS

DonaemouS New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Actually not, there are just two racing games able to do it, but they developed on their own game engine. Which version of nVidia driver u have?

16. Bull Shark

Ratings:
    +133 / 0 / -0
    Strange because it worked without Surround before. Did use Surround for a long time but when I want to play a shooter or likewise, I just want to use the centre screen. So I disabled nVidia surround.
    Nvidia driver is currently 460.79.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. DonaemouS

DonaemouS New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    uh! I have never been able before, without nVidia Surround. btw, you can mix both worlds, 48/9 with 19/9 at the same time with nVidia Surround features. If you set the ingame resolution to 1920x1080 (I think is your case), the nVidia driver will shut down both external displays. Yes, this is a bit boring if you have chats and other software running at the same time with your gaming session. Another way is to choose the borderless feature. Some games have already it, and they should work like in windows, but without the window border. So all 3 displays "are supposed" to remain on...

• Like Like x 1
  18. Bull Shark

Ratings:
    +133 / 0 / -0
    Well just to get rid of all the hassle I activated nVidia surround again. Nice to race again after a few months of hardly racing. Was busy with Cyberpunk. As I finished the game I can concentrate on racing only again.
    I use a res of 7680*1440. As I have 1440p panels. :D
    Anyway thanks for your time and happy racing.

19. 2ndLastJedi

Ratings:
    +138 / 0 / -0
    I tested a while ago and all Sims were able to be run without surround. The only issue that I found was that some saw the centre screen as the left so the image didn't show on the left screen, you could work around that by setting the left screen as your main and it worked but doing that was asich of a muck around as setting surround on again anyway.
    I tested AC,ACC,R3E, rF2 and AMS2 and got them all working.
    I use surround again though now and just turn it off when needed.

On a side, when I see the thread give me notifications I get excited hoping the triple screen seat tilt has arrived :eek: alas I leave dejected.....:(

20. 2ndLastJedi

Ratings:
    +138 / 0 / -0
    Can you please telleore? I've not seen this apply before.