How to setup triple screens

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Sector3, Nov 30, 2017.

1. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +138 / 0 / -0
  2. nilz

nilz New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I’ll just throw out my AMD 6900 XT then?

Sounds like superior logic, buy a specific brand of graphics card, in this case NVIDIA, to enable a workaround for a game that doesn’t support something all other sim racing game supports?

3. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +90 / 0 / -0
    I wasn't trying to make a point. I saw two contradicting claims and tried to make sense out of that. I didn't know you have an AMD card. Does AMD not allow you to make a custom resolution? Or it does but the game doesn't work anyway?

Last edited: Mar 17, 2021
  4. nilz

nilz New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    AMD doesn't but the problem isn't that I or others have AMD graphics cards, it's that race room doesn't support a feature that all other games do. Setting up a custom resolution with Nvidia is just a hack to get around the enforcement from raceroom not enabling users to run the game at custom resolutions.

This feels familiar to the bad coding by Rockstar in GTA 5 that was found by a community user.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Scythe55

Scythe55 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I really like this, but I am NOT going to run surround for just this. I've tried the various work arounds to get the triples working and no joy. When RRE decides to join the modern age and properly support triples, I might reinstall it it, but for now.....freeing up space on my computer.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. José Vasconcelos

José Vasconcelos New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Friends, I have three 27 'monitors in Nvidia Surround, and I configured it as written in the 1st post of this Room - Forum. It works IMPECCABLY

7. TaserFace

TaserFace New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Probably the right move, this sim is soooooo far behind other offerings and the triple support is non existent. Don't waste your time

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. José Vasconcelos

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Friend, You can have the opinions You want, but it is completely FALSE that this Sim is many away from others Simulatores ...... and says You don't have support for 3 screens .... FALSE, completely FALSE ...... You is that You do not know how to work with the settings as it should be ....... stop making sad figures in public ... just talk about what You know .... do not invent .... it is ugly

9. TaserFace

TaserFace New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Tell me how I can run Raceroom without eyefinity or surround on my triples with little setup / effort required?

10. José Vasconcelos

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Friend in everything in life, it takes work ..... that of wanting the best, the most perfect and without any work or effort does not exist ...

https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/how-to-setup-triple-screens.9711/

I followed the instructions here and everything works flawlessly ... better than ACC or iRacing

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +138 / 0 / -0
    Took me 10 minutes to find details and about 4 minutes to implement. Only problem with R3E triples is the seat tilt doesn't work when triples are used other than that R3E is a pretty great Sim....sadly the seat tilt issue makes it a no go and a waste of $200 in content for me :(

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +138 / 0 / -0
    Yeah the tilt seat is not working for triple users and I also like RRE very much. I believe the most of all the sims I have. But the lack of good tilt seat support makes me not playing this game often. It just don’t looks and feels good without a good tilt seat setup. :(

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. José Vasconcelos

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Friend, You are the one who does not know how to look for and solve things correctly. The RaceRoom has in the settings of "Edit Associations" the functions of bank up, bank for forward, visual bank tilting up or down - pitch-.
    These last 2 functions are at the bottom of the sheet, in group 3 screens. -- Shift Display down, Shift Display up
    RaceRoom for me, is the best Simulator to configure the 3 screens ... I have Nividia 3060 Ti, 3 monitors 27 '.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. 2ndLastJedi

Ratings:
    +138 / 0 / -0
    Okay mate

15. Scythe55

Scythe55 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Let's NOTE the keywords...WITHOUT Nvidia surround. It doesn't work "impeccably". I doesn't work PERIOD.

16. gerardrev

gerardrev New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Is there any way to setup the pitch on the ini command? I can't use the setup in game as then I can't set negative bezzel which I need to make it work with azure bezzel kit.
    Thanks!

17. 2ndLastJedi

Ratings:
    +138 / 0 / -0
    There is, you have to do it with guess work, trial and error to find the correct number. Input a number and go ingame and see, back out, change number and try again. With R3E exceptionally long load times this becomes very painful considering this needs to be done for every car.
    I just can't believe we are still talking about this many years into R3E having triple support and over a year since I first asked for it to be fixed.
    I wish S3 would at least say they don't know how to do this or something to put some closure on it.....after all I do have over $200 in content sitting wasted on my HDD just waiting for this to be resolved one way or another.

18. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +676 / 0 / -0
  19. 2ndLastJedi

Ratings:
    +138 / 0 / -0
    Perspective shift :confused: doesn't that just shift the horizon not the seat (camera) pitch?
    From memory that has always worked and not the solution needed.
    Also, when was this posed? I looked back through Andi's post but couldn't find this one on Tuesday!

Last edited: Apr 25, 2021
  20. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +676 / 0 / -0
    No, it's a vertical rotation. As on single screens, it effectively moves the horizon too but if you move it an extreme amount you see it's actually tilt. This combined with seat height adjustment can give you what you need. Can't confirm or deny whether it's actually working on triples as I don't have them but it's looking hopeful.