How to setup triple screens

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Sector3, Nov 30, 2017.

1. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +138 / 0 / -0
    I thought id have another play around with this new Ui and just see if it is now possible to get seat in the correct position....The short answer is no :(
    Even though my real eyes are right in the center of the monitors i need to have the in game "head height offset" to 4.8cm before i have a nice amount of dash on screen but this position now bends the image at the screen intersections. If i set the view so i dont get the bend in the screen i have far to much dash visible on screen.
    YES i have all buttons mappable, the only buttons that do anything is shift display up/down which basically move my virtual head up and down, the same as the "head height offset" in the FOV tune menu. Basically the same as the "cockpit perspective shift" that no longer works even though it is mapped.
    "The camera tilt" is the function we need to work! Not a perspective shift or shift display or head height offset!! Just a simple camera tilt!
    Anyone with a triple screen setup please map all these buttons and tell me which ones actually move anything in game??!!

Attached Files:

2. 2ndLastJedi

Ratings:
    +138 / 0 / -0
    First image shows guard rail nice and straight but to much dash visible!
    Image 2 shows nice dash amount but look at the guard rail, it is bent. You can see the amount of head offset needed in game even though irl i certainly dont need any, just seat tilt!!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 26, 2021
  3. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +676 / 0 / -0
    Well you've wasted your time, we already know that the current mappings and adjustments for triples don't do what you want. The perspective shift as it is on single screens is a tilt. As it is currently for triples it's not, it's a shift in a vertical plane.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +137 / 0 / -0
    Spend a decent amount of money on this game but as said many many times before, no tilt option for the seat is no play with the game. I’m really sad about this because I love the game. But The missing of the tilt seat option is a to big issue for me to play it. I still have some hope left that this will be fixed someday.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. 2ndLastJedi

Ratings:
    +138 / 0 / -0
    I want a refund :eek:

6. Bull Shark

Ratings:
    +137 / 0 / -0
    Well I’m affraid that won’t gonna happen. If you get a refund I definitely want it too as the amount of money I spend is fairly high.:cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. 2ndLastJedi

Ratings:
    +138 / 0 / -0
    That's the thing, I'm sure S3 would have quite a bit to refund or they could make a few buttons work! Pretty lame really. Saying that, i see you just got pC3....guess what, no seat contralols at all :eek: only Ctrl K each time you drive :(

8. Bull Shark

Ratings:
    +137 / 0 / -0
    Yeah that is bad indeed. Plus you need a real monster card to play with triple in 1440p or even in triple 1080p. I now play on a single screen in 1440p and that looks good.
    I also need to hit CTRL + K and num-pad 5 after that to reset the view every time I start and choose another car. The FOV is not ok. Really annoying.
    That said, the driving is ok.

9. 2ndLastJedi

Ratings:
    +138 / 0 / -0
    My 1080ti does just fine in AMS2, AC, ACC, rF2 and R3E, settings are good, even ACC runs faster than pC3 in triple 1080p ;) pC3 is a dog in performance and is uninstalled after 7 hours. Glad i didnt have to pay for it :p

I saw your issue with the FOV, i don't know why and i don't understand no seat controls at all, seems they just couldn't be arsed including some pretty standard features this time round.

Also, your happy to play in a single even though you could play all those other sims in triples? Why? What does that title bring that you cant find in other titles? I can see the appeal for someone like my 15yr old Son with his game pad, but for me with a wheel and access to decent sims, it's a big pass for me.

10. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +961 / 0 / -0
    ;)when I see you in this thread, :pI always think of
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. 2ndLastJedi

Ratings:
    +138 / 0 / -0
    I'm that good looking one on the left :p I remember getting this pic taken....those where the good old days :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Bull Shark

Ratings:
    +137 / 0 / -0
    Nothing to be honest. I do like the driving. But indeed, this morning I jumped in AMS2 and yes even RaceRoom and it was a joy to play in 1440p and triples.. so I’m not sad about the fact that I’ve spend €35 on Pcars3 but I guess I won’t play it that often. Pcars2 for VR because I still like the feeling to be in a car instead of in front of a screen.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: May 11, 2021
  13. 2ndLastJedi

Ratings:
    +138 / 0 / -0
    Wow! December 2017, I thought me asking from early 2020 was enough but even Georg talking about it in late 2017.
    We are very low on the list....nice to know.