How to setup triple screens

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Sector3, Nov 30, 2017.

1. ericRacer

ericRacer New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    i changed my numbers like and triple screen works now , thanks, but i have the same problem as you.

i am not able playing on 64 version ... the game freeze in cockpit view !

• Like Like x 1
  2. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +398 / 0 / -0
    Again, this is not changing the seat angle... Tilt is completely different (look at what rF2 and pCars have, AC too, but there you need the Real Head Movement app).
    In R3E the whole image just moves up/down, it does not tilt/move the seat angle.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Yevgeny Lazorenko

Yevgeny Lazorenko Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +769 / 0 / -0
  4. Georg Ortner

Georg Ortner Sector3 Developer

Ratings:
    +2,807 / 0 / -0
    It doesnt move the image up or down.
    What the setting does, is moving your "window into the virtual world", with the following result:

• TriScr Shift Display Down
    [​IMG]

• TriScr Shift Display Up
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. 911gt

911gt Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Hello, have you planned a setup triple screens with different resolution as does Project Cars2, which gives a resolution of 6400x1080.
    Because I use 2 screens 27 "and 1 of 34" in the center = 1920x1080-2560x1080-1920x1080 without going through the control panel of the NVIDIA graphics driver.

6. Kollo

Kollo Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    Did you try it with nVidia surround setting of 6400x1080?

7. Optimus

Optimus New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    November Update Not Good For Me
    I am refering to Triples Update that we have been waiting for ! First instructions is to turn on Surround. Well.. if I do that RRE plays my triples perfectly and I do not need to confiq anything at all..I also can use settings to adjust the FOV's. So what do I need to do all the measurements for ? I was wishing for built ingame triple setup like Project Cars 2, Asetto Corsa etc.. without turning on my Surround setup because leaving surround active ( always -0n ) on my computer screws up my other computer usages..so Surround-on when wanting to play RRE and Surround-off when not playing. I have 26 installed other racing games, all working in Triples w/o turning on Surround..what is going on with RRE ? You said this is the 1st installment and if the next updates follow this kind of triple setups, I am afraid to inform you that your long awaited updates are useless..to me anyways. I really hope your future work for Triples make game setup "Ingame". I am so dissapointed for such useless game improvements. Playing on Windows 7 64bit, GTX 1050 video, Triples at 32" x3 on a game playing computer.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  8. 911gt

911gt Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    yes but it accepts only one resolution it is necessary that the 3 screens is the same resolution like 3 times 1920x1080 which means that the 34 "in 2560x1080 puts it in 1920x1080 and in RaceRoom all is found on the screen middle divided by 3 and therefore illegible.

9. Fanapryde

Ratings:
    +398 / 0 / -0
    OK, I get that too, but again, that is not what I mean.
    The TriScr Shift Display Down is in fact a kind of 'look down', while the Display up is look up, a feature most sims have to look around and up and down in cockpit view. But that does not change the seat angle.
    I made some screenshots to illustrate what does change the seat angle. If not clear enough, please look at the pitbox doors or the pit wall angle and compare to the R3E screenshots.

Pitch offset / seat tilted backwards
    [​IMG]

Pitch offset / seat tilted forward
    [​IMG]
    It is only partial, you can go more up or down, but you need a lot less than in the pictures.
    Small changes make it possible to adjust the seat angle, so you get the wanted cockpit view (seeing the full motec displays e.g.) without having to move your seat too far backwards.

EDIT: is there a way to move the virtual wheel left or right ? On my system the wheel of the new Audi is moved to the left...

• Like Like x 1
  10. Mauricio

Mauricio Active Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    You probably have 3 monitors of the same size and it did not happen to me with different monitors and that is one of the characteristics of taking so many measures so that R3E corrects them and they are aligned despite being of different sizes, as an example Once configured my 3 monitors in the sequence of departure (central of 27 "and laterals of 22") the thing stayed more or less like this:

[​IMG]

Then it is necessary to manually adjust them so that they are aligned and something like this remains:

[​IMG]

Without this patch with 3 monitors of different sizes with Souround it was impossible to line up, I hope you understood my English is not the best

regards from Chile,

EXCELENT JOB S3 .....

• Like Like x 5
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. Tinus Tussengas

Tinus Tussengas New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello, this triple screen support does not work for me either.
    My settings are -triScr 80 -5 81.5 34.5 0 81.5 34.5 0 45 81.5 34.5 0 45 1
    I have nvidia surround enabled, the resolution is 7852x1080 (bezel correction applied)

When i start the game only my middle monitor shows something, my left and right screen show nothing.
    Any idea what the problem could be ?

12. Fanapryde

Ratings:
    +398 / 0 / -0
    It only starts when you are entering the track. Or is that what you meant ?

13. Tinus Tussengas

Tinus Tussengas New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yeah that is what i meant sorry, when on track its all packed on 1 screen (middle)

14. M D Gourley

M D Gourley Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    WOW...I looked at this kind of set up a while back but did not think it would work at all in Sim Racing games...Does it work in all the Sims you have?...any problems associated with this resolution?

15. Clapper

Clapper Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133 / 0 / -0
    Because it's new ;) I switched back to non-triple mode. I did find I had a little more viewing angle on the driver's side, so when it's working I'll use the triple mode.

16. 911gt

911gt Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    No, only Project Cars2 has found out how to do it for now, all the others I have (Assetto Corsa, rFactor2, R3e) do not do it.
    As far as R3e was concerned, I had hoped that he would also do it from where my request was.
    Before that I had 3x27 " but I broke 1 and so coming to buy PC2 I saw that it proposed to regulate each screen indifferently.

So I bought the 34 "to see if it was possible that it works and to avoid the black bar of the edge of the screen that cut me the retro in two with the 5760x1080.
    Now it's perfect, plus I see more left and right that allows me to get out of the stand as if I was in my own car IRL without touching a button and that's a lot.

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. M D Gourley

M D Gourley Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for taking the time to reply, very helpful....I did some more research on the nVida Forums and read that it is not possible to use screens of different resolutions ie 1920x1080 plus 2560x1080 plus 1920x1080 for that magical triple screen set up while using an nVidia graphics card that I have...hopefully one day that will be fixed.

18. 911gt

911gt Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    I do not see why it would not be possible to use screens of different resolutions.
    Project Cars2 managed to do it and I use an nVidia GTX 970, so for me it's possible.
    nVidia should contact "Slightly Mad Studios" to learn how to do it.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Optimus

Optimus New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I need to ask again because I really need triples to work without turning on Surround. Its a bother to setup surround everytime I want to play RRE and turn off Surround when not playing. Will future updates to Triples become a ingame setting or not ? As stated before turning on Surround makes RRE play triples perfectly, including FOV adjustments. My screens are 32" X3 and surround resolution is 5760X1080.
    I don't understand that people with surround ability ( like myself ) had perfect triple without having to wait for as triple patch and most likely wanted triple ingame settings as in Project Cars 2 and Assetto Corsa.

20. SaschaG

SaschaG Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    You don't have to turn on Nvidia Surround. Without Surround you have to set a custom resolution and play on window mode. Then your TriScr-Setup will work perfect even on different resolutions or different screen sizes. The only thing I have experienced is, you have to set your custom resolution to 3 times the resolution of your center screen.
    @Sector3: In the next step for triple screen support there should be a possibility to use different resolutions. So the hardware demands would decreased because we can use lower resolution on side screens.