How to setup triple screens

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sector3, Nov 30, 2017.

1. Optimus

Optimus New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Thank you SaschaG for the clarification to my questions and if true we have a lot to look forward to with this beautiful game. I will try your suggested settings then update here.
    Looking forwatd now to TriScr future patches.

2. Optimus

Optimus New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Config'd as per all instructions w/o surround on and triples did not work for me..even the side-screens would not black out before in-race/ in-car select, and tried all available mode settings. Now I turned on surround and it all worked as instructed settings indicated. I know this because the screen settings were a little off ( fov and seat positions ) and not as good as if I used surround by itself like I always did before. With surround on I get the 48.9 and 5760X1080 selections but sadly with surround off and RRE, on, I get single screen playing only.
    Please Dev's make RRRE triple settings "in-game" with the upcoming patches.

• Like Like x 1
  3. SchumiF399

SchumiF399 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Hi I setup the triples using the above mentioned method and it looks great in car but when I try to watch replays or decide to look around the car the car seems to be too low on the screen. Also the drivers legs can be seen in some camera angles as well as the brakes through the wheel. Is this normal if not can someone help me fix it? 20171204133942_1.jpg 20171204133928_1.jpg 20171204133958_1.jpg 20171204133735_1.jpg 20171204133905_1.jpg

4. SaschaG

SaschaG Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    @Optimus: You have to set a costum Resolution in your Nvidia control panel. There you can add a custom Resolution, even if your screen doesn't support it. After you have managed to set this resolution (5760x1080) you can choose it in your ingame graphic settings (48:9 - 5760x1080). And in window mode it will work fine without surround.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Optimus

Optimus New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Something amiss SaschaG after patch update ? Your right, with surround-ON all works well @ resolution 48.9. RRRE used to somehow save the surround settings and play triples when I turned OFF surround but now with surround turned OFF and playing in Windows mode the surround resolution disappears and I can not get a resolution setting bigger than 16.9 at 1920X1080 and for sure not at 48.9.
    Certainly If the surround settings would stay while palying in Windows with surround OFF my problem would be solved making me very happy. I think the recent patch could off lost "this save ability I had before"..but I don't know, anyway thank you for your comments.

6. SaschaG

SaschaG Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    A friend of mine and myself are both running with surround off and triple screen. My friend even plays with small old screens (17,5" 1024x768 Portrait mode) as side screens and a 27" FHD screen as center. so I know it works fine. The only Thing you have to do is setting up a custom resolution in your Nvidia control panel which is 3 times the resolution of your center screen. In game you can chosse this resolution and the game window will be forced to that size. In the case of my friend, the result is that on his small side screens some parts of the rendered Picture will not Show, but the part that is shown on his screens is perfectly aligned with TriScr mode.

7. AriBo

AriBo Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    works well for me .. after some times spend on Triple Screen setup.
    thx !!! i like it

Last edited: Dec 9, 2017
  8. Ihq

Ihq New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    And how do I create a custom resolution like that? when I try it forces me to press the test button and fails.

9. Optimus

Optimus New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Good question..I'm guessing that in the Nvidia Control Panel - select change resolution- customize-create custom resolution- accept and create. I guessyou aim to setup a wide screen resolution of..ie 5760X1080.
    But what do you do to both side screens, turn them off ? I am afraid to accept knowing that theses steps might ruin my screens as per the warnings ?

10. Ihq

Ihq New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Its just so annoying how many games simply wont make triples work like in iRacing where it doesn't matter if you've got surround on or off or just 2 screens when in borderless windowed or windowed modes. The game doesn't do any unnecessary sanity checking to see whether there is a display with that resolution on the computer, it assumes that users know what they're doing. And this allows users to run all kinds of fun configs.

11. ChatCureuil

ChatCureuil Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +291 / 0
    I'm adding triple screen layout in this tool, and I'm wondering if it's possible in R3E to use different screen resolutions on each screen, if yes I'll have to take it into account at some point.

12. TheCableGuy

TheCableGuy New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I had the same problem. All 3 screens were rendered on the middle screen and the left and right screens went into sleep mode. I couldn't get the corrected resolution or the refresh rate in Sim. I'm running 3 x 27" AOC monitors. I had to change the Aspect Ratio in Sim to 48:9 now I can get the correct Resolution 5760x1080 and Refresh Rate of 144 Hz. all the rest of the setup went smooth button,view all are good. The sim works great now. I'm new to triple screen setup. Thanks to the guys that found a work around for triple when RRE didn't support it. That's what put me on the right track to fix my problem. One small change took it from not playable to works great.

• Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  13. [NRT] YouGxD

[NRT] YouGxD New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Bonjours
    cette manipulation ne fonctionne pas pour moi
    -triScr 97 0 44,5 30 1 54,5 30 1 40 54,5 30 0,5 40
    j ai 3 écrans plus 1 sur le coté droite
    dans mes 3 son en soundrond et l'autre normale
    j 'tout fait comme il faut

14. Tarik Userli

Tarik Userli Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0
    I use AMD Eyefinity and it works as good as expected.

15. Paul Darke

Paul Darke Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +156 / 0
    Just got my triples and use the same. Quite impressive.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Rob Fitness

Rob Fitness New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    OK, i have a problem i am trying to sort out with the screen setup.

if i enter all the correct measurements i get a view that i find to close to the windscreen BUT the dashboard looks correct onto the right hand screen (see pic 2)... i also find it seems to have no sense of speed being so close to the windscreen, and it just looks like its zoomed in or something and i just dislike it immensely. and i cannot put my seat back as i end up behind the seat.

so if i change the distance from screen to 570 i get the position i want to drive from but the dashboard looks bent :( ( see pic 3)

does any know how to fix this ??? i don't have the problem at all in Assetto or iRacing... but then again they don't depend on nvidia surround mode either.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. PaladinUK

PaladinUK New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    That is weird! Are all cars affected the same way?

Firstly your launch options look correct A-M (mm) but what is the '1' at the very end of the string for as I don't use that?

Assuming that's necessary, then I'm clutching at straws really but maybe consider / try the following:

• Are your side monitors definitely sitting at 45 degrees? (For info mine are 60 degrees and the cockpit wrap around is perfect) Maybe experiment a little bit?

• As you've set bezel width to 0, I'm assuming you are using bezel correction in NVidia Surround? (Looks like it)

• If you have set bezel correction in NVidia Surround, NVidia will generate a revised custom resolution, slightly greater than your default resolution for triple screen. If you chose to use this for the desktop then you should ideally select the same resolution in game, at least for RR, so that everything lines up between between adjoining monitors. (The new resolution will be listed at the end of the resolution options).

• You have set the aspect ration to 48:9? (Again it looks like it)

• Maybe try changing launch values from MM to CM and use a decimal point where required, not that it should make the slightest difference!

It's probably something really obvious but it's hard to see what it is!

Good luck!

18. ramiboo

ramiboo New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ok, I had a go last night to get Triples going last night. I did try using nVidia surround but I was struggling also, I've got 5 monitors on the PC and it was struggling to startup on the right monitor. I'd like to not have to run nVidia surround but I was struggling to create custom resolutions in the nVidia Control panel. I'm trying to get it set up as 7680 x 1440 at 144Htz. I'm running windows 10 and the latest nVidia drivers for my 1080ti. Any Help appreciated.

19. pixeljetstream

pixeljetstream Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +359 / 0
    Do you need all 5 monitors active? I got 4 and I run either 3 as surround, or one alone, with those unused fully switched off.
    Another option is use borderless windowed instead of fullscreen, which should work without surround I think.

20. ramiboo

ramiboo New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi @pixeljetstream thanks for replying, I have 2 HMDI monitors (a dash and a Telemetry Monitor above the centre) and then 3 27" 1440 Dell's for the triples, all on display port. I wanted to go with borderless windowed ideally, slightly less FPS but is easier for me to switch between apps and telemetry. Having the 3 Dell monitors separate I couldn't set the right resolution for a borderless window 7680 x 1440 in game as the option wasn't there. I read here that some people had set a custom resolution that can then be seen by the game and then it spans across all three. I then struggled to create the custom Resolution using nVidia as is failed the test saying 7680x1440@144 was not supported by my monitors. :(