How to setup triple screens

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Sector3, Nov 30, 2017.

1. ramiboo

ramiboo New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Using nVidia surround didn't work either for me, the game was set to full screen and using the launch options to span across all 3 with widths and angles raceroom didn't apear, it looked and sounded like it started but my centre screen was showing a zoomed in area of my desktop and the side screen just went black. I'll try again when I have some time but any help would be good. As I said, I'd prefer not to use surround as I find it a pain to enable and disable, but if that's the only way, for now, I'm sure I'll cope. :)

2. PaladinUK

PaladinUK New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I'm pretty sure that since the latest update triple monitor support will only work with NVidia Surround enabled and not with the more straightforward triple monitor set up. Might be wrong on that though but I can't get triples to work with basic triple monitor set up and as a result I've now configured RR and all my sims to use NV Surround so that I don't have the hassle of switching back and forth between triple-display types. (I have a PC dedicated to racing sims though so it's not a big issue).

Once you're set up and identify / configure your 27" 2560 x 1440 displays as required for desktop purposes, then the resolution of 7680 x 1440 should be available in game. No need to worry about a custom resolution for now as that's only created automatically if you use bezel correction when setting up NV Surround. (In which case you'll likely see a resolution of just over 8000 x 1440 available within the NVidia Control Panel should you wish to use it. And if you do enable it, then that resolution will become available in game as well)

However you must also select an aspect ratio of 48:9 in-game as well, (16:9 x 3 monitors) to span the resolution / image correctly across the three monitors and assuming you've set up the Steam launch options correctly.

If still no joy then one thing to try is to move the display ports around so that the monitors boot up in the correct positions without you having to move them on screen. I recall possibly having to do this in the interests of both stability and ensuring that all of my Dell 27" monitors fired up properly each and every time. I've certainly never had an issue since.

3. ramiboo

ramiboo New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for your input @PaladinUK, I gave it another go last night and got it working with surround last night, was great the little blast I had, just an offline practice session. I wasn't on long before it froze on me and I had to end task, The sound was still working but the display's had frozen.

Switching between surround and separate monitors is a pain for me unfortunately as all my other sims are working well without it. I can move between windows and apps without issues. I'll keep an eye on this thread and the forum for any updates to the Triple system here. if anyone has managed to get a custom resolution working for this and can provide instructions that would be great.

4. F1Racer

F1Racer New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    This ain't working for me. I think you needed an O and P parameter to make this work properly.
    O= horizontal screen resolution (i.e. 7680)
    P= vertical screen resolution (i.e.1440)

As soon as I run with all my A-M variables set up in NVidia surround mode, the game kicks out 2 of my screens (they go black) and sits on my left screen. The game resolution sits at 2560x1440 and no option to go wider.
    So now what ??

5. F1Racer

F1Racer New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I should add that when the game starts it renders all 3 views on 1 screen (the left one) and the other two remain black.

6. MrBones22

MrBones22 Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    It seems as though Nvidia users are having a tough time..With my dusty old AMD R9 290 (and even dustier old Q6600 cpu lol) It worked fine with no setup at all, aside from the Eyefinity bezel correction setup. I just set the aspect ratio to 48:9 in game and it was all good, except for some stretching of objects as they went past on the side monitors....so I was trying to adjust the triscreen fov in game and found my bound keys weren't doing anything.

So I decided to use the startup argument measurements to see if it helped the stretching, and after I started a practice session I had the "sitting on the steering wheel view, and when backing up got the dreaded "seat cushions" in my side views.

But then I tried my designated TriScr FOV increase / Decrease settings, to find they were now working, and allowed me to get a "perfect" view, with no more stretching on the side monitors. I did have a lot of bilboards popping in and out of view, so I went back and added the 1 to my startup settings and Bam! All is great! The view is now just as I was hoping for with triple monitors (23", 25", 23" @ 5760 x 1080)

• Useful Useful x 1
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
  7. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +454 / 0 / -0
    Maybe something

• Like Like x 4
  8. MrBones22

MrBones22 Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Did you make sure to set the Aspect Ratio to 48:9 first? After that your triple screen resolution should show up.

9. Jorgen Wahlby

Jorgen Wahlby Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +67 / 0 / -0
    Try to increase the bezel width from 0 to 1.5 or maybe even 2.5 It helped me :)
    You can "play" a little with the angle on the side screens in the setup string for the game to see if it helps too.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2018
  10. Turtle

Turtle New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Made the measurements and it worked in the first run. Everything is perfectly aligned across the screens from my view :)

If my rig should be compatible with other people in a fast way it would be nice to have the ability to change the "a" in game, but it's only a nice to have :)

11. pixeljetstream

pixeljetstream Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +378 / 0 / -0
    The "tripple screen fov" keys do that.

12. Turtle

Turtle New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    The problem is, I can't see when I have the right fov.

13. pixeljetstream

pixeljetstream Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +378 / 0 / -0
    ? When you press the keys a text shows the A value. In theory the measured value is the realistic setting, however I find myself adjusting a bit below (higher fov) which is personal preference.

14. Turtle

Turtle New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    how could I miss that :)

Then it is perfect!

I have another question I asked in another thread. can i have different refresh races at my triple monitor. Less say i have a 100hz monitor in center..

15. MrBones22

MrBones22 Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    If you run without Vsync on it would allow higher framerates, and your center monitor might then look smoother than your side monitors, which could be odd, and have some screen tearing. If you enable Vsync you'll be locked at the lowest common denominator, unless there's some sort of third party application that could provide a different sync for each monitor, but I've not seen one.

16. Matthias Petz

Matthias Petz Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    As far as my testing was with other games before RRRE went triple screen NVidia Surround has better performance then running each screen separately. If I select the Surround Solution in game the aspect ratio was set automatically - but this can depend on overall resolution. Where did you find the additional 1 against popping up billboards? Must have missed that, did not have this effect at the end of november but since january it‘s there?

17. Turtle

Turtle New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Ok, I will try it out..

18. MrBones22

MrBones22 Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    You just add it to the Launch Options (with all your -triScr measurements), after your last number just add a space then a 1

For example: -triScr 80 -10 60 35 2 60 35 2 45 60 35 2 45 1

19. Christian Göpfert

Christian Göpfert Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,227 / 0 / -0
  20. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +391 / 0 / -0