How to setup triple screens

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Sector3, Nov 30, 2017.

1. Scott Vermeyen

Scott Vermeyen New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Hey guys, I'm able to setup triple screens well now, but for some reason I can't get the wheel rotation to work properly. Both SimuCUBE and R3E are set to 900 degrees, so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Thanks for the help.

2. Rmbonk86

Rmbonk86 Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0
    I use match setup in settings, this way it matches to what the car IRL uses.

3. pckrng

pckrng New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My image is coming up all compressed on to one screen? Why is this?

4. pixeljetstream

pixeljetstream Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +371 / 0
    Did you activate surround mode in driver?

5. axxis278

axxis278 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +46 / 0
    Check your resolution ingame and in nvidia/catalyst, and check in game if you have 16/9 or 16/10 according to your screens size

6. johndough247

johndough247 New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Although it's lacking a proper GUI, this is the most flexible Triple Screen adjustment I've encountered of all sims, particularly with the "B [verticalOffsetOfPlayerGazeFromMiddleScreenCenter]" parameter: I think R3E and iRacing are the only sims that have this option and it's perfect for fixing that waterfall effect you get if your eyes are not perfectly aligned vertically with the center monitor. A lot of people praise AC as having the best triple monitor support but it's nowhere near as adjustable as this one...come on Sector 3, please work on the in-game GUI option, it's been coming up on 2 years soon.

7. nolive721

nolive721 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    weird thing happened to me. i was back to the game after few weeks Off and it was just refusing to launch in triple screen mode, I had the game display replicated to the 3 screens instead of proper combined triple screen as it was before. could not access my desktop resolution 5760x1080 on the video setting menu.

i am running triple through AMD eyefinity.

I had to do this trick shown in OP with Steam launch target addition to get it back and its all good now but bit weird that native triple support disappeared all of a sudden, maybe because of recent game updates?

8. Turtle Power

Turtle Power Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +123 / 0
    For the triple screen setup in Raceroom, is it recommended to have bezel corrected in Nvidia or enter the value in Steam? Any benefits or downside in making choices between the two?

Cheers

Last edited: Aug 1, 2019
  9. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +48 / 0
    I do not have set a bezel corrected value. I just use the startup parameter settings. It calculates everything automatically as I understood.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. Racki

Racki Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +119 / 0
    Afaik the setting in nvidia increases the horizontal pixel count so it is more that 3 displays wide.
    In comparison the steam setting finetunes the camera position but keeps the pixel width of 3 displays unchanged. The edge of the cameras is exactly the edge of the screens.
    I prefer the steam setting therefore.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. Turtle Power

Ratings:
    +123 / 0
    Another question in regards to the triple setup. Does the FOV in raceroom manu for example x0.5, x0.6 etc.. makes any difference? Or it is all taken care of with steam codes that you have entered?

12. MattStone

MattStone Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +94 / 0
    No it doesn't but you can map buttons/keys to the TriScreen functions and that will allow you to fine tune your FOV

13. Turtle Power

Ratings:
    +123 / 0
    Thanks.
    So the TriScreen function is basically used for the purposes of having FOV adjusted from x0.5 - x1.1?

14. MattStone

MattStone Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +94 / 0
    I'm pretty sure I'm right in saying this...the FOV is setup automatically according to the steam parameters, in particular the parameter relating to the distance from your eyes to the centre monitor.

Two of the TriScreen parameters alow you to adjust that distance ingame forward and backward; infact you can see the value in game on screen as you adjust it in centremeters if I remember correctly
    The other two TriScreen parameters adjust your eye height off screen centre.

What I did was maticuously set up the steam parameters (especially the monitor size, bezal width and angle of the mornitors)
    I also estimate my eye height and distance to monitor.

Once ingame I drove my car out onto the track and parked a car width off the guard rail and adjusted the TriScreen height to ensure the rails lined up. I fine tuned the TriScreen forward/backward (FOV) to what I found comfortable
    Looks bloody fantastic when sitting in my chair :)

The TriScreen height is critical and if you sit up straigh and adjust it but then slouch down you will need to adjust it to the new height or your eyes; it's amazing how sensitive(critical) it is. Trying to physical measure your eyeheight is impossible hence why you do it roughly and then adjust ingame with triScreen settings

Hope that makes sense

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +48 / 0
    The triple setup works great. At least for me. I adjust, as said above, just a little with the seat position and fov assigned buttons on a per car base.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Turtle Power

Ratings:
    +123 / 0
    many thanks !

17. Mark Cotherman

Mark Cotherman New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have 2 AMD RX580s and they're setup to run in 5760x1080 as a single screen in eyefinity. It works great in other sims. I have the triScr option set for Raceroom on startup, but when the game launches I get three duplicate screens and no option to set resolution to 5760x1080. AM I missing something? Here is my triScr setting: -triScr 81 0 60 35 1 60 35 1 13 60 35 1 13

UPDATE: Had to adjust aspect ratio in game and it gave me the correct resolution option 5760/1080. Now I just get black screens with the HUD showing when I get in the car. I can see the screen tracking opponents going by with their name and a dot displayed. Still not working.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2019 at 6:08 PM