i bought a new PC portable

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Huguess, Apr 23, 2015.

1. Huguess

Huguess Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Hello, i m french, my english is very bad, but i ve a question : i would like to know if there will be some graphics optimisation ?
    i ask that beacause i just come to buy that computer :
    http://www.materiel.net/ordinateur-...-sans-os-107761.html#produits_complementaires
    and i m playing many games on, like arma3, assetto corsa, rfactor2, with graphic option on medium or more, and it is very great, many fps, i realy can play as i play on my computer on my desk.
    all my game a runing well, but not RRE, i ve to put graphic option on low, in a very low resolution (the lower, and i ve to put the Vsync on. such a way, it is runing, but some time i ve got lag, freeze. With the view on the car (not in cockpit so) the game is lagging a lot.
    That why i wonder if the game is finished to be optimized graphickly, or if there is some optimizasion that will style coming.
    Thanks

Last edited: Apr 23, 2015
  2. Dgr

Dgr Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Surely must be something wrong, as RRE is pretty easy on GPU compared to arma3 etc. I can run it on full on a mid-spec pc fine, I know a few people running it on much lower specs than mine. Can you list what settings you are running and give us an idea of FPS?

Edit: My french isnt great, but from what I can gather that spec should run R3E fine.

3. Huguess

Huguess Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    here is my pc caracteristiques :

Processeur Intel® Core™ i5-4200H (2,80 GHz) 2 core and mod turbo on : 3,4GHz
    4096 Mo of ram and i added 4Go, there is so 8Go of ram on mt PC
    Carte graphique
    NVIDIA® GeForce™ GTX 850M Type GDDR DDR3 Mémoire totale 2048 Mo
    win7 ultimate 64bit

in game, with option on "low", with 1024/768 of résolution i ve 70 fps, but is it lagging a lot
    when i put Vsync "on" i ve 60 fps, it is less lagging but style a little bit.
    i m not sur to use the word "lagging" in the good way. i m meaning it is not smooth

Last edited: Apr 23, 2015
  4. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    hm - maybe try changing the graphics-settings to individual and set Shadow split to off. I'm not sure if it is active at the low settings but it has a huge impact on the FPS at the moment... i believe that will change in future as optimization is on going, but for now it is maybe a solution for you.

5. Huguess

Huguess Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    it is already put "off" the shadow

6. pixeljetstream

pixeljetstream Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    ah, yes... that sounds good... heard from that problem with R3E before...

8. Huguess

Huguess Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Yes ! Thank you ! there is no more probleme now ! as you said i did force the nvidia gpu and now i can play with graphic option on medium with 50/100 fps according to differents tracks. (on portmao this evening, in multiplayer, i was about 90/100 fps during the race.)
    thank you very much for your "solution" (issue ?)

• Like Like x 2
  9. SwaggerJacker

SwaggerJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    Yay. Glad it worked out for you. I really like ASUS Computers. Both my tower and laptop are ASUS.

10. Cheeseman

Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    Awesome. Good to see that you can play R3E well now.

Nvvidia always had issues with Optimus. Do check Optimus if you are having FPS issues with games in the future as it might be running with your Intel intergrated GPU.

I had that issues with Age of Wonder 3 a week ago.

11. pixeljetstream

pixeljetstream Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0