Bug I can't get out of a finished race

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Sergius3, Dec 27, 2020.

1. Sergius3

Sergius3 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    When finishing a Ranked race, there is no way to exit or continue the game.
    I don't even get the final results of the race, the animation of all the cars stays on the last lap automatically to access the pits, and when they all arrive, the image stays there, waiting for me to press ESC to leave, but the game does not react.
    No button works, I never see the results of the race and the only way out is ALT + F4.

Which leads me to when I close the game it sometimes gets stuck. Before when I had the game in "Full Screen", there was no way to close the game, other than restarting the PC, since ALT + F4 did not work and I could not bring the task manager window to the front, since RaceRoom remains spotlight. I solved it by putting the game in "Window Mode", and when it crashes, now if I can bring the task manager to the front to Force close.
    I reinstalled and checked the integrity of the files on Steam, and there are no errors or problems.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    Did you enable the new manual inlaps?

3. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    It´s happening in all the multiplayer lobbies I have been in. No idea if they have all enabled manual inlaps as we can´t see that in the lobby specs but it seems to be as we can drive the car once we finish the race.

Damn annoying as alt f4 is the only solution and we don´t get any lap times or race stats.

4. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    The manual in-lap feature is currently not a setting on the DS, it's a client-side setting.

5. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    So would that mean if I disabled it in my game I could escape from a finished race without ALT f4?

6. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    I don't know, I haven't tried it yet. I was just saying that the option is set by the client, not the server.

7. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    Normally you can escape the race inbetween the cool down lap immediately with ESC.
    Tried that this weekend. If you can't get out of it, it smells like a bug.

8. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    I set control to AI after the flag and now it is possible to quit to the setp/timing menu. However the clock ran down and the I still couldn´t quit to the main lobby menu. Maybe I had to do it quicker, will test more.

9. Nenah

Nenah Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Yes, you can do that and it will take you to the garage. After a while, when the server starts a new session you will sit in your car, in the pits and there is no way out of there anymore other than ALT-F4.
    Before the patch the game would carry you over to the new session. It doesn't do that anymore, instead you get stuck.

It's not really a big deal. If you know it, just hit ESC and leave the server until a new session is started.
    But if you don't know about it and/or forget --> ALT-F4

10. axxis278

axxis278 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    Yes but since the patch, the dedicated servers don't jump to a new session, only a manual restart works, or the schedule option but only if players quit the server before the end of session.

11. diego chaparro leon

diego chaparro leon New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello guys,
    I have exactly the same problem. Race finished in multiplayer (Ranked) and I´m stuck there waiting for nothing... Until there is no other possible action than killing the program in the task manager. It´s bad because you don´t get the replay.
    Hopefully is a bug that will be fixed soon.

12. JyriK

JyriK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    Same problem here. No way to exit a race but alt-f4.

13. David Slute

David Slute Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +81 / 0 / -0
    I had this happen several times today, I also got stuck in the pits when it changed to qualifying with the message proceeding to the next session in the middle of my screen.

14. gerardrev

gerardrev New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I faced this issue, the way that worked for me it's enable IA control after race, if you enable this, then you can use ESC to then quit.

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    Hopefully this is going to be fixed in the patch tomorrow.

16. pierredietze

pierredietze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    Has nothing to do with AI control. AI is disabled in my settings, and sometimes I can't quit the race, sometimes I can.

17. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    Patch notes for today.
    [*]Fixed an issue where player could sometime get stuck when leaving a server early (i.e. before results were made official)

Hopefully the new fix will solve it and also put a fixed limit on time left once the winner crosses the line. Some multiplayer servers keep the race going for what seems like hours while everyone crosses the line and then does their cool down lap, which sucks if you want to see the results or are waiting for the next race in a muti race room.

1 minute is plenty time to cool down or be able to exit race menu and check lap times, after that grab the results as the cars are plaed on the track and basta.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2021