i like this game but...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cantalou, Apr 24, 2015.

1. cantalou

cantalou Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    hello,i like this game but i think that it missis a expulsion voting system or of the categories to gather the more fairplay (not by level)
    And i would like to know if you intend to propose a "saison pass" in order to prevent that this game is not more and more expensive

thank you to have read me.

2. Huguess

Huguess Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    yes, for those who wants all the game, it should be nice if there was i maximum price, not more. because as now i spent more than 90 euros in the game, even if i received a gift of 40 euros, witch is doing 130 euros and certainly more. I ve nearly all the game as now, but not completly. and there is more containt that will come.
    As i enjoy RRE, i would like to pay for it, but not so much. i hope you understand

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Richard Powell

Richard Powell Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    You guys just missed the 50% off sale.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Huguess

Huguess Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    i allways bought cars and tracks when there was x% of sale, but even like that, i spent more than 130 euros, this is the price of the game i ve.
    And people hasn't allways the monaie at the time of 50% off sale.

But i can anderstand that Sector 3 can't answer positivly to my ask (Could you do a maximum price of the game, and for all the game). i just asck in case it is in there project for the futur.

5. Jona777

Jona777 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +409 / 0 / -0
    I think i have spent 65euroos and i have at least one car of each class (except Touring classics cause i prefer dtm92) and all the tracks!
    If you really want all the cars (Edit: and all the liveries ;)), then yes it can be a bit expensive (still fairly economic vs other games).

Another thing you can do is go buy vrp from the raceroom website which (http://www.raceroomstore.com/shop_en/vrp) gives you 33% discount if you buy 50euro vrp = which would be 5000vrp but you get 7500.. If you then spend your vrp wise and use discount it's not expensive imo..

Greetz

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2015
  6. Richard Powell

Richard Powell Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    I've got all the tracks and about 2/3rds of the cars, and it's cost me about what I would have spent in two evenings down at the pub. I don't know about you guys but it takes me a long time before I'm satisfied that I know a car and track combination well enough to go racing online in it, and I haven't even driven maybe half the cars I have. I've got maybe two years driving here in what I would have spent in two moderate nights out. I feel that's pretty good value, but each to their own.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  7. euphoreon

euphoreon New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, I have no problem buying stuff continually down the line if I'm still playing the game. I own everything apart from some liveries, the game is going in a very good direction now.

8. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    I dont mind paying either - the adac 2014 pack, the gt2 cars and the group 5 cars, plus brands, Bathurst and Salzburg cost me about 40 quid, feels like that's good value to me I'm completely hooked

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Dgr

Dgr Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    I think the problem is that you compare it to other games, £ for £, by the time you own everything (disregarding future dlc) its quite a lot. £100 odd compared to £45-50. Looking at it the other way, £100 for all the time spent on it, works out quite well. I would certainly prefer a all-in price to own the game, meaning that in 2 years I wont have spent £200 owning all the DLC. I know you can say you dont NEED all the DLC, but otherwise you will always have to skip races with friends as you dont own the correct stuff.

My own opinion: R3E is the best racing game out there. I still get suprised how good it is. I would argue til I run out of breath about how good it is. Would I recommend it to a friend? Maybe - as I would have to convince them to spend a LOT of money to participate properly. Put it this way - I have spent over £25 so far (iirc) and struggle to find an online race I can take part in with the stuff I have. Fair enough - Pcars/AC is £50. BUT - and heres the problem - in a years time, even if I spend another £50, I will still be in the same position of not having the right cars/tracks to fully take part.

(Disclaimer - Im not 'hating' on the product - far from it! I just think its a flawed system.)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2015
  10. Jona777

Ratings:
    +409 / 0 / -0
    Imo if u install the game and buy 50euro/pounds,.. Vrp through the link i mentioned before then u can play everything online! You just cant buy all the group 5 Cars, or all gtr2 cars,.. And i find it weird people want 7Group 5 cars.. I only buy 2 with one livery and that's it.. I can see the 5 others in races online, singleplayer, and soon in dediservers with friends..

People should focus more on one or two cars per class (u can test for a reason) i think cause u learn more out of it this way.. Setting it up, understanding the tracks,..

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +130 / 0 / -0
    I personally really hope that dynamic weather/damage model and other elements of realism won't be paid in store. I spent on R3E most money I ever spent on a single game ($80 and counting) - but I did that to express my support to developers and the fact that game is based on real championships, not just random cars. But I did that hoping to get above features eventually, without having to pay for them. If I'll be charged for those features I'd be very disappointed.

Still, I feel price is fair for quality licensed content.

12. James Nance

James Nance Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +301 / 0 / -0
    Thats absurd to even think that, its about purchasing content not features. No one said you have to purchase everything, like they say build the game you want, get the cars, liveries, tracks you want.

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. Dgr

Dgr Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Jona, I get what you are saying but IMO £50/eur should enable you to own the lot, not 'just enough to play' ; This is of course without future DLC. It sucks, as without the pricing model I could hand-on-heart say this is the only racing game I could recommend. I would rather have more players paying less, than less players paying more.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +130 / 0 / -0
    I really do hope you are right, and there won't be "Dynamic weather Experience" for sale. It will be unfair IMO, or absurd in your wording. But here's what I got bad aftertaste from: why there are no tire choices or mandatory pit stops in other modes than DTM 2014? I hope that's just a temporary thing.

15. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    they like to test stuff with dtm 14 its very temp

16. Cheeseman

Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    Not everyone comes from a first world country. I am not as the currency of my country worth 3 times lesser than USD. Due to that, R3E is indeed a very expensive game for me. Just imagine you are paying 3-4 times of your current expenses into R3E. There isnt a must to own all the content but there is a fair chunk of content but it is tempting to own them all.

Dont get me wrong, the game is great as it has a lot of really interesting content that I cannot find in other games. Due to the steep price tag, I find it tough to recommend games to friends and family who is interested in R3E. I sincerely really hope that the prices of the content does not go up too much in the future. I think the current pack discounts are pretty good in my opinion. I would still appreciate that if the price of the packs can be lowered a little bit more.

The currently running sale for some R3E content on Humble store is a pretty good idea where the older content are put on a steep price cut. I would love to see that happening more often and also more content put on Steam store with occasional discounts.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Iggy_82

Iggy_82 Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    I don't mind paying for the content since it takes quite some time and money for the devs to make all the cars, tracks, physics and sounds. I'm sure it will be alot cheaper in the future to get all the content but I don't want to wait until that. Everybody needs to get paid and I can't earn my living if I don't get paid. I rather pay more for good quality content than pay less for crap.

But it would be a good Idea to have more individual pricing based on where in the world you live to make it fair and accessible for more people.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Jona777

Ratings:
    +409 / 0 / -0
    Wasn't bearing in mind the currency-value, and indeed that can make a lot of difference! Fanatec prices also just raised 33% cause of the bad euro.. :(

If i'd have to pay 3 times the value it is now, then it would be about equal cost to Iracing per car/track so i consider myself very lucky to have quality prices.. Cause now R3e has cost me less then granturismo6 and it's a million times more fun!

Hopefully this currency thing can get better for certain world-area's..