I own nearly everything, 807 hours since 2013, but I'm done.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kondor999, May 21, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hervé45

Hervé45 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
  2. Topshelf147

Topshelf147 Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Herve. Will try to translate these to my Simplicity software. More curious what guys are using in game though.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Flintenwilly

Flintenwilly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +115 / 0 / -0
    @Kondor999 if you still reading here, found some settings from TX/TS users here:
    https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/ffb-guide-december-2019.14067/page-1

TX Settings:
    "Force Feedback Intensity: 100%
    Smoothing: 0%
    Force Feedback Spring: 0%
    Force Feedback Damper: 0%

Steering Force Intensity: 70%
    Force Feedback Minimum Force: 5% (default 2, i raised this to have a bit more road feel, if i go higher i get too much shake)
    Understeer: 20% (default 10, i raised this to feel a bit more understeer)
    Vertical Load: 70% (default 50, i raised this to have more road and suspension feel)
    Lateral Force: 50%
    Steering Rack: 0% (default 30%, 0% feels better, personal preference)

Slip Effect: 20%
    Engine Vibrations: 0%
    Kerb Vibrations: 10%
    Shift Effect: 10%
    Collision Effect: 5%

edit : i use the default ffb multiplier in most cars."

TS Settings:
    "Force Feedback Intensity: 100%
    Smoothing: 0%
    Force Feedback Spring: 0%
    Force Feedback Damper: 30%

Steering Force Intensity: 80%
    Force Feedback Minimum Force: 2%
    Understeer: 10%
    Vertical Load: 50%
    Lateral Force: 50%
    Steering Rack: 30%

Slip Effect: 10%
    Engine Vibrations: 0%
    Kerb Vibrations: 40% <--- never higher
    Shift Effect: 60% <--- I just like this
    Collision Effect: 0%"

4. Flintenwilly

Ratings:
    +115 / 0 / -0
    and also @Kondor999

how come the change of mind? or did i miss a ffb update between december and now? No, offense just curious...

Yes i admit i had too much time this evening digging that out...

5. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    The TX settings you mentioned here was my setting some time ago, i don't use it anymore.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Flintenwilly

Ratings:
    +115 / 0 / -0
    Yes, should have quoted that better...

7. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Also the TS settings you quoted were actually my old t300 settings. I've changed them since. I'll post my current t300 settings later.

• Like Like x 1
  8. higsy

higsy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +123 / 0 / -0
    Can someone please post settings for the DD1, pre december settings dont apply as rr has changed as well as the software with the wheelbase adding extra adjustments. To me understeer and oversteer (tire feel) is dead as well. I have all content as, but 90% of my time is with gt3, rf2 and ams2 feel great.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. francis.beland

francis.beland New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I red the entire topic and I also checked other places on the web regarding this issue and for the most part, I see people stating only "Fix it Sector3" and others saying "The problem is on your side" like it's a confrontation. I cannot really help about that topic since I'm new in sim racing so I don't really know how ffb SHOULD feel. I have a G25 with default settings and I can feel curbs, some road bumps (thinking about Mercedes in Hockenheim) and I feel when I'm about to lose control but that's about it. I don't know if I'm limited by my lack of experience with other sim or my wheel but I'm happy with it.

However, I look at Youtubers like Boosted Media and Davis Cameron who, when I asked them why they don't do Raceroom stream, told me that they stopped because the FFB doesn't feel good on their DD wheel and they stopped trying to fine tune it. It should mean something and they have much more experience than me. I check on some peoples in the league I'm in and it's the same thing. Some are having issue with their DD FFB settings.

On the other side, being in IT, I understand developers because what I hate when doing support is not getting details. When somebody tell me that nothing works and that I need to repair something, I ask about details, what is his configuration, etc. If you're just telling them "Fix it" without details, I can understand that it's tough to find a problem without having details about the problem. Maybe something like: "with these FFB settings, I'm no longer able to feel oversteer in these kind of corner".

I don't know what the problem is but by checking the net, there seems to be one. We must stop fighting over it and try to find a solution by sharing as much as we can our settings and sharing how the other person is not having a great feeling with it by giving details. From what I understand, FFB is really subjective so it's normal that it's tough to find a solution but I'm sure that if we stop taking it personally, we could find a solution. The developers are on the Discord channel and they post a lot so if we bring the problem more positively and with details, they can find how to solve it for everyone. I'm saying everyone because there are chances that to please the unhappy people, you risk having the current happy people to dislike it.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  10. EsxPaul

EsxPaul Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0
    @Topshelf147 These are the best settings I've found to date, with credit to @Andrew_WOT1

I'm in agreement with you, in that R3E still doesn't quite give the road feel that I get from other titles but the settings below have made the game much more playable for me.

Could be worth trying, to see if they can improve the situation for you too. I know the Sim-Plicity interface you use is slightly different but you should be able to transfer most of the settings over.

https://community.granitedevices.com/t/recommended-settings-on-raceroom-2020/4475/102?u=esxpaul

https://community.granitedevices.com/t/recommended-settings-on-raceroom-2020/4475/103?u=esxpaul

11. PolarClaw

PolarClaw Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    For sure the FFB and the feeling of the cars have massively changed since December. At first it was for me to the better but as more and more cars get the update, for ME most cars feel the same like some GT3 cars. I don't know how to describe it better, the cars feel mostly similar.

The FFB and feeling for the cars in RaceRoom was for me really good, I could dial the settings (more or less the same as from Alex with a few adaptions to my liking) to have a good feedback.
    However the last few updates since February are bringing a more oscillating feeling. Yesterday e.g. I tried my usual run with 39 AI around the Nordschleife for 4 laps with the Porsche Cayman GT4. I liked this car the sound, cockpit and driving is a lot of fun. But since a few of the smaller updates the car feels more and more floaty and the oscillation intensifies.
    Even when Alex said in the thread to the Fanatec FFB
    On my side the oscillation intensifies and also the rubber feeling in the middle of the steering. The slightest steering impulse on straights leads now to a heavy oscillating and the car becomes unstable. I don't know what's happened but I can't any longer have my fun with trail braking into corners as also there is this oscillation and the car becomes unstable up to snap oversteer.

Sorry for the wall of text but I had so long a lot of fun with RaceRoom and now it seems that after each update I loose a little more of the understanding of the cars. So I'm more into AMS 2 and ACC.

12. Topshelf147

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    Well, spent another 2 hours last night testing things out. Here's my current in game settings. Looking at recommendations, I tested this against several changes. Vertical Load from 0-50, Steering Rack from 0-50, Minimum Force from 0-10, Slip Effect from 0-30, Smoothing, FFB Spring and FFB Damper all from 0-10.

All changes, no matter what combination just change the feel of the cars weight shifting around. Sometimes the wheel is heavier, sometimes lighter, but never at any point is there grip feedback. Minimum Force after a few clicks makes the wheel violent, Understeer has zero effect at any level. It's just different versions of the same thing, completely lifeless. Don't confuse lifeless with no ffb though. Using the built in ffb meter I made sure it didn't clip, and there's data being sent to the wheels, but it's all suspension load. So if I'm in the 991 at Hockenheim braking for the hairpin, once I go 100% brake pressure, from this point on I have zero ability to tell how much grip the fronts have, when I can turn in, if I turned too early that I'm understeering, etc... I drive by visual and maxed out tire sounds only. So every single lap I do, every corner is a guess based on visual cues. Luckily I have a motion rig, so I at least get feedback from that if the rear is stepping out, but that shouldn't be necessary.

As a direct comparison at the end of the night, I drove the Cayman GT4 ClubSport @ Nords in RaceRoom. It's a depressing feeling. Car feels dead, slow and boring on track. Only feedback being weight shifted, usually too late. Then fired up the same combo in AC since it's not a mod, and the instant excitement and thrill of driving was overwhelming. I could feel every road detail, bumps, crests, curbs, but also had total knowledge of grip levels both front and back. If I went in too hot, I knew it and could release some steering lock to gain traction again. If the rear started stepping out, it was instantly felt and I could drift or countersteer and get her back in line. I'm not trying to compare R3E to AC. But a direct car/track combo head to head like this was both shocking and saddening since more than 70% of my time is spent in RaceRoom. After that, I have to say that unless this can be fixed soon, I might need to move on.

Attached Files:

13. Topshelf147

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    Also, just to add to this. There's a discussion going on in my league and I was shocked to see these responses. Completely unprovoked and unbiased comments. I've blocked names as it's not my right to share who they are, but this is universal, not just one guy overreacting.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  14. Virtual Apex

Virtual Apex Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

15. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    The thing here is that AC uses tons of canned effects that don't come from the physics. and afaik in Raceroom that's not the case (but you still can add some). So you really get spoiled by ACs ffb effects, but that's just not how it should be imo.
    The same with ACC... ACC doesn't use canned effects and it's only from the physics... people that are used to canned effects are very unhappy with ACCs FFB. But I think ACCs FFB and R3E FFB are the best and most realistic on the market. Maybe it needs an shift in attitude regarding how realistic FFB should be.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  16. Flintenwilly

Ratings:
    +115 / 0 / -0
    @Topshelf147 thanks for the data.

Your ingame-settings are nearly the same as mine. I have a little bit more understeer, but doesnt matter anyways bc i have a other wheel.
    I read yesterday that out of the game in the wheeldriver the damper has to be enabled, but at 0%. Could this be an issue?
    Is the driver of the wheel actual? Logitechwheels had this problem years ago...

17. Topshelf147

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    Sbtm. I love how ACC feels, so it's not an attitude shift. I can drive AC, ACC, rF2, AMS2 without any issues. Sure, they all have their own flavor, but the important stuff is there. Hop in RaceRoom and I'm driving blind. I don't know how else to explain that it's not a preference thing, it's a lack of ffb thing. If canned effects are what it takes, then maybe they should be added. There's already to many sliders, just add a few more.

Flintenwilly. I've done as much research as possible on the Simplicity settings as well. Every slider has been tweaked, reset, tweaked, tested and retested. In a similar fashion, I can make things heavier or lighter, I can add fake data, I can change on center feel, but without the game sending info, it's all for nothing.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Virtual Apex

Virtual Apex Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    I left RR for these reasons, using a DD base there is no way I shouldn't be able to feel what the car is doing, but I don't get that information in the wheel anymore. In ACC I can feel every slip in the front and rear tires, but RR just feels flat and grainy now and I spin out on turns I was once smooth through. My base is a Fanatec DD2 with a Formula V2 wheel. I have tuned the ff as much as possible even to the point of turning up the in game strength and wheel strength to the point my shoulders hurt after a race, but this only increases the grainy feel from the base and not the feel of what the car is doing. This post will most likely be ignored as it seems all the other reports of this issue faces negative responses, attempting to make one feel as they are the issue and not the game and that's ok, my main focus is GT3 and ACC has nailed that for me, I just want to add my comments here in case soneone is listening. I do love the variety in Raceroom and now that I have a CPU that runs VR smoothly it was a great experience, but the late 2019 updates have changed that.

• Like Like x 2
  19. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    I'm just very surprised how bad it seems for some users and on the other side how good other people think it is, with (almost) the same equipment. Are the ffb preferences so much different?
    I just get a great feeling of a realistic steering. I want to feel like I'm actually driving on rubber tires. In rf2 for example I always have the feeling I'm driving on wooden tires and I have to increase the level of the simucube "force reconstruction filter" (which adds "rubber" to the tire). In R3E I have this filter at only 1 (1 = minimum, 10 = maximum, 0 = off). in rf2 I need it at 6 or 7. In ACC I have this filter on 2.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Topshelf147

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    I agree, it's very confusing. And I'm not saying this as an attack, but it's just shocking to hear bad comments about rF2 ffb in here. I'm not exaggerating when I say I've never once heard anyone complain about it before. It's the only sim that when I'm racing I get completely lost in reality, and I think I spent 45 seconds tuning ffb for it.

But if you look at those comments I attached, it's not just me or my DD wheel. There people using all kinds of hardware, and everyone explains the exact same lack of tire knowledge. We're driving by sound and visual cues. That's not right.

• Like Like x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.