Problem I want the entire game content but now it's going to cost me $170 to do so

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by spoonieg, Mar 20, 2017.

1. spoonieg

spoonieg New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    And that's not including what I spent in 2014 on the game itself and other DLC.

I also posted what is below on the steam forum. I'm hoping that someone from RaceRoom can drop me a bone. I've spent well over $100 for the game and I'm missing major content

"I just purchased $100 dollars worth GameRoom of DLC from the Steam Store. I left out a few DLC's. Everything would have cost $134. To my surprise I could have got the entire race-room game content from Race-Room for $70. To say I'm upset is an understatement. So right now I'm missing my favorite tracks and some cars, and the only way I can be sure that I will get all the content, is to spend another $70 and get the premium pack from RaceRoom,. So in order for me to get the full game I would need to spend $170 total. Steam doesn't appear to have all the content. If I would have known that I was spending $100 and still leaving out so much of the game content I would have never done it."

My fault for not remembering about RaceRoom's own store.. I quickly did when I launched the game and still found that I was missing major content and this after spending $100.

2. pixeljetstream

pixeljetstream Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    There is an automatic price correction preventing you from paying for things you already own. So the full pack will not cost as much if you already own content.

Indeed s3s should remove dlc listed in steam store or add the 3 packs missing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    I bought the "Premium pack" a few weeks ago and it costs me 83€.

4. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    What @pixeljetstream said, all the content you allready own will be deducted from the price of the premium pack, so you wouldn't have to pay the full price of the pack. If you already own 100 Dollars worth of content, the price of the premium pack should be reduced considerably.
    Just make sure to view the pack via the in-game store or while being logged into your game account on the web portal http://game.raceroom.com and it should show the reduced price straight away.

5. spoonieg

spoonieg New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I ended up getting a refund. I was missing around 8 tracks and even more cars. So it still might have cost an additional $40-$60 ($5/track). And that still would have been on top of the $100 that I already spent on the DLC from steam. I'm so glad they honored a refund. Didn't even know you can refund steam games. I'll be getting the Premuim pack directly from race-room. Thanks guys! Much appreciated.

6. spoonieg

spoonieg New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I just went back to steam for giggles. It said that I already had raceroom 2014. After removing that from the cart it was still $144 :(

7. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    If you bought some content directly from the Steam store previously and had it refunded, it will likely take some time for it to be removed from your account or correctly show that you dont own it anymore. I have dealt with a few screwy refunds through Steam like this. :p

Can you be more specific though on where you are seeing $144?

If you want all the content, I would highly recommend against buying anything from the Steam store page, and buy directly from game.raceroom.com/store. Log in with your account and you will find the Premium pack there that includes everything currently available in the game. Should be around 10,000 vRP which is about ~$80. Better still, you can buy a big giant pack of vRP here - click. The pack of 10,000 vRP costs $65, so for that price, you can buy the entire game right now.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. Patrick.B

Patrick.B Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +105 / 0 / -0
    The entire game for $65? all cars and Tracks ? Do i have to buy all Packs or every single track and car step by step`?

9. Paul Darke

Paul Darke Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +249 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. sgtcarneiro

sgtcarneiro New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I bought the premium pack in December. There is anyway to repurchase the pack to get all the new content?

11. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Sadly, the answer is no.
    Chances are that at some point the content released after you bought the premium pack is going to be sold at a discount tho, like in a summer sale or alike, so you might want to wait for those and see if you fancy the price then.

12. Patrick.B

Patrick.B Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +105 / 0 / -0
    So u would get all Released Content? which was released until today. and if the for example AMG GT3 is released you can buy that car as a single purchase ? not the best way but you will save money with the Premium Pack. and the €€€ are much better than in iRacing. ;)

13. sgtcarneiro

sgtcarneiro New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I really need to buy a couple of cars and one track for an upcoming tournament. I will buy the bare minimum then :(

14. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    This doesnt make any sense.

If you already have the premium pack, you already have everything in the game (or at least everything at the time of purchase). And can join any server in the browser.

If a new GTR3 car releases soon, that wont prevent you from joining any race that has that car on the server. Unless the server is only using that single car. Which almost never happens for GT3 servers.

15. sgtcarneiro

sgtcarneiro New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Far from that. The league which I'm in is creating a championship with Silverstone, BMW M6, Audi TT RS and the Formula US.

To join these leagues I must buy all 4. More information about the league: http://raceroomers.com/season2.php#