Ideal tire IMO temp range?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Topshelf147, Jan 4, 2019.

1. RWB 3vil

RWB 3vil Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    I too like a data free experience on track. I recently just started to do it old school as in zero ui displayed, just cockpit dials, or motec if it has one.

Im not constantly looking at data i dont really understand any longer and just feeling the issue if i cause one (wear,heat etc) and focus more on driving , which is always a good thing. Ill leave crew chief to relay data although its much nicer to disable most of the options CC has so it just relays important data rather than chatting away like a facebook addict like on default

• Like Like x 1
  2. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    On raceroom the track surface is not dynamic so it doesn't rubber in (tyre marks are purely aesthetic). I suppose it depends at what temp CC takes its cue to deliver the message, in another thread Alex said that modern tyres in the game don't really suffer when heated to much anyway. I have a timing screen with tyre data on it but to to be honest I don't look at it during the race. It's handy for practice and qualy though....

3. fufsgfen

fufsgfen Active Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    I know, but hsssst, I was trying to help his team mate! :)

What you say about tire heat not causing much of grip loss, it sounds what I experience too, but also I think that higher temps increase tire wear quite a bit or is it just from higher slip?

I know my tires start melting away if I keep forcing car around corner, so usually I try to help that bit with setup if possible.